Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SR-22 down in GOM... headed to Georgetown, TX

not good prayers sent up

The Coast Guard received a report of an unresponsive pilot from the plane, which had a tail number of N325JK. The plane, a model 2016 Cirrus SR22 fixed winged single-engine, was scheduled to arrive at Georgetown Municipal Airport earlier Wednesday. The Coast Guard is sending out an aircraft to search the waters off Freeport, Texas, which is due south of Houston. The plane is registered to Abide Aviation out of Edmond.

FA shows it cruising at 18,900 ft as the service ceiling is 17,500 ft

the flight replay is eery

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...940Z/KPWA/KGTU
    Last edited by Cajun Blake; 01-03-2018, 08:51 PM.

Dang it that's no Bueno.

Comment

Reminds me of the Payne Stewart flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s heartbreaking to watch.
        Surprised it would have that much extra fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
          Reminds me of the Payne Stewart flight.
          and former LSU head football coach Bo Rein (34 yrs old) who tragically died before ever coaching a game for the Tigers Bo was the LSU HC for 42 days as the airplane wreckage was never found

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=papw07c-6DY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=papw07c-6DY[/ame]
          Last edited by Cajun Blake; 01-03-2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
            That’s heartbreaking to watch.
            Surprised it would have that much extra fuel.

Their range is over 1,000 miles. That’s a long way when you’re flying straight.

Comment

I thought they just put it what was needed plus some extra for good measure.
              Didn’t figure they wanted the extra weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                not good prayers sent up

The Coast Guard received a report of an unresponsive pilot from the plane, which had a tail number of N325JK. The plane, a model 2016 Cirrus SR22 fixed winged single-engine, was scheduled to arrive at Georgetown Municipal Airport earlier Wednesday. The Coast Guard is sending out an aircraft to search the waters off Freeport, Texas, which is due south of Houston. The plane is registered to Abide Aviation out of Edmond.

FA shows it cruising at 18,900 ft as the service ceiling is 17,500 ft

the flight replay is eery

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...940Z/KPWA/KGTU
                That's a negative on ceiling the tail number is registered as a SR22T which has a ceiling of 250

Comment

Very sad news

Comment

Crazy! I saw the fighter jets flyover this evening, but had no idea why.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Comment

Rough stuff. Apparently cabin depressurization which he didn't notice. Must have hit the heading bug when he passed out changing flight direction. Then autopilot just follows last input till out of fuel. tragic.

Comment

SR22 was a "Blackbird" I was thinking

Shame and tragic

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                              Rough stuff. Apparently cabin depressurization which he didn't notice. Must have hit the heading bug when he passed out changing flight direction. Then autopilot just follows last input till out of fuel. tragic.
                              Not a pressurized aircraft, but he should have been using oxygen, which could've been faulty. Sad deal. Heard on the radio he was from Oklahoma and was transporting headed to Georgetown to pick up a dog to deliver to a family.

Also just because he filed that altitude doesn't mean he was actually at that altitude, though he very well could've been. I assume he was at least high enough to need oxygen.
                              Last edited by JustinJ; 01-04-2018, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X