I’ve given up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
    I get that most of the liberal arguments for gun control as well as the controls they have proposed are so ignorant that we can't help but shoot them down. They are not going to stop or prevent mass shootings because they aren't the cause. However, having dug way further into the subject and data than I ever imagined doing, there is one troubling aspect that it might be a mistake to ignore. These shootings are increasingly deadly because of the ease of acquiring and using certain weapons and specialized accessories.

So why not make them more difficult to obtain if not using them can save lives, make it easier for law enforcement to subdue shooters? If that additional step is the impetus for that last, deeper check for red flags that let law enforcement intervene beforehand?

Fighting any and every potential change with the backstop of the slippery slope and we can't give an inch to the liberals who want to take our guns away is not a winning strategy. Especially when most people don't even think this is plausible threat.
    The Republican Party will allow the ban on bump stocks and claim they made a huge concession. Even though it does not infringe on the 2nd. They get to look like they compromised. They will fight it for a while and then give in. The democrats will claim a victory even though it will do nothing to stop school shootings.

Its a win win for the politicians.

If you think that any politician, even the ones you think are "your guy" care about the issues you care about, you're mistaken. They only care about being reelected. They don't care about you. They don't care about what you think is important. To a man, they would **** in their mothers faces or switch parties, even if it meant a complete reversal in political philosophy, if it would ensure their election.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
      Its a win win for the politicians.
      Agreed. I'll go you one further and say that neither side wants to solve the problem. They rally more support and votes by keeping the debate going instead of it being in the rear view mirror.

It also doesn't hurt that the NRA raises more money and the gun manufacturers sell more guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post

If you think that any politician, even the ones you think are "your guy" care about the issues you care about, you're mistaken. They only care about being reelected. They don't care about you. They don't care about what you think is important. To a man, they would **** in their mothers faces or switch parties, even if it meant a complete reversal in political philosophy, if it would ensure their election.
        Dilly Dilly

Didn't Romney just use all his strength to try and PUBLICLY prevent Trump from winning POTUS?
        I mean talked about the guy bad.
        Trump then returned fire.

But now two years later they are the best of friends and Trump endorses Romney?
        Not just that but previously Trump said Romney was unfit to be a dog catcher.
        But now he's suddenly fit to be a US Senator?

These guys will say anything to buy or sell a vote.
        Used car salesman at best

Trump did Teddy Cruz even worse by talking about Ted's wife and Ted let trump off the hook.

Some things are unexcusable, talking about my wife/family is one of them.

Comment

Working...
        X