Marathon TX Places to stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marathon TX Places to stay

My wife and I are planning a last minute trip to Big Bend. Will be in the area for roughly four days. Want to spend most of our time checking out the National Park, but I’d like to stay atleast one night in Terlingua. Been told that Marathon is the place to stay. Any recommendations on Marathon and Terlingua? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gage hotel

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      Gage hotel
      ^^^^This.

A word of advise about Terlingua. If you eat at the Starlight, DO NOT EAT THE PORK MEDALLIONS!!!! They taste good going down, but not so good coming back up! LOL!

Comment

The Gage

The Gage is the only hotel in town, and a pretty nice one. It’s an enjoyable stay considering it has the brewery about 75 yds away, and the 12 Gage steakhouse connected to the hotel, as well as the White Buffalo bar. We enjoyed our time there, and the food is excellent m.

Comment

You have a choice. The Gage and it's nice, the food is excellent and there is a brewery as well.

Sorry TX03RUBI...but yes I agree.

Comment

Gage is a great place to stay for a night. Steakhouse and bar there are excellent.
            It will be pricy and might have a hard time getting a room on weekend, especially with spring break.

Alpine area has much more to do unless you plan to be at park every day.

Lajitas has a nice place to stay for the night as well.

Comment

Call ahead... it's a tough week for a last minute trip to a popular spot short on hotel rooms.

Comment

I wouldn't stay in Terligua. I did and regret it. Hotels are few and not very nice. I'd either stay in the hotel inside the park, the resort at Lajitas or the Gage.

Comment

The Gage. Very nice and very clean. The 12 Gage is a great place to eat. The attached bar is very cool place to watch a game. It's an easy trip to Big Bend, Alpine, Marfa or Fort Davis.

Lajitas is maybe a step above a 40 year old Motel 6. We got there and went to the bar....horrible service. Asked them if they had any poolside refreshment service....No. Can we get some beers to take down to the pool?...."No, we only have glass bottles and they're not allowed at pool". So no beer at the pool?...."Well, you can go down to the store and get some beer to take to the pool". I told them that their definition of resort and my definition of resort were vastly different. I unloaded our bags from my truck, took them into our room, took one look at my wife's face and loaded them back up. They must use a **** magician to do their marketing materials and a certified dip**** running the place.

Comment

The Gage is AMAZING. Alpine ( about 30 miles west of Marathon) has a lot of places to stay. You HAVE to stay at The Gage and eat at the 12 Gaqe Restaurant. That place is NICE..

Comment

Sproul Ranch tour in Ft. Davis - Great place to stay also - Tell Roy and Kerith hello!

Comment

I'm curious about this place.

Comment

Ended up getting a Cabin In Study Butte. Thank you all for the recommendations. The Gage looks like a great place. They were booked up for that particular weekend. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X