Please join the American Suppressor Association

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please join the American Suppressor Association

Please join. Until inauguration day there is a discount code.

"WASHINGTON, D.C. – The American Suppressor Association (ASA) is pleased to announce the reintroduction of the Hearing Protection Act (HPA) by Rep. Jeff Duncan (SC-03) and Rep. John Carter (TX-31). This historic piece of legislation, which was originally introduced by Rep. Matt Salmon (AZ-05) in the 114th Congress, will remove suppressors from the purview of the National Firearms Act (NFA), replacing the antiquated federal transfer process with an instantaneous NICS background check. The HPA also includes a provision to refund the $200 transfer tax to applicants who purchase a suppressor after October 22, 2015, which was the original date of introduction.

“The American Suppressor Association believes that citizens should not have to pay a tax to protect their hearing while exercising their Second Amendment rights,” said Knox Williams, President and Executive Director of the ASA. “We are thrilled for the opportunity to work with Representatives Duncan and Carter, who have reintroduced the Hearing Protection Act in this new Congress. Although we recognize that introducing this bill is the first step in what will be a lengthy process to change federal law, we look forward to working on the Duncan-Carter bill, alongside the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation, the National Rifle Association, and the National Shooting Sports Foundation to advance and ultimately enact this common-sense legislation.”

With just two weeks left until Inauguration Day we have made significant progress toward our goal of raising $100,000 by the time President-elect Trump is sworn into office. If you have not yet joined the ASA, we are asking that you make the pledge to be a part of our organization to support this historic legislation. Please join by visiting our website. A membership for $35, of a 3-year membership for $100 will go a long way toward helping pass the Hearing Protection Act.

Use code HPA2017 at checkout to save 10% on a membership from now until Inauguration Day."

Tagged.

Comment

Tagged as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tagged. Ike is fixing to have his kids college paid for if/when this passes

Comment

I sure hope it passes but I ain't holding my breath just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
            I sure hope it passes but I ain't holding my breath just yet.
            Join. $35.

Comment

I joined for 3 years. Hope that $100 helps them get it passed. I've done all the writing to my representatives, along with my wife, daughter and future son in-law. Time I put some $$ where my mouth is. [emoji857][emoji857]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

It's a good idea

Comment

I just put a post on requesting information on suppressors? Old school here and NO experience with them. After years of "sirens" and practice/hunting rounds, I can tell at my tender age of 64 my hearing is finally showing signs of abuse.

So, before I internet explore for education, anything anyone can tell me on the process, fees and the benefits? Convince me and I'm on board.....despise government intervention on what should be our constitutionally provided rights??

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                      I just put a post on requesting information on suppressors? Old school here and NO experience with them. After years of "sirens" and practice/hunting rounds, I can tell at my tender age of 64 my hearing is finally showing signs of abuse.

So, before I internet explore for education, anything anyone can tell me on the process, fees and the benefits? Convince me and I'm on board.....despise government intervention on what should be our constitutionally provided rights??
                      Responded to your other thread. Find a buddy who owns some cans and go shoot them. Don't think you will need any more convincing after that

Comment

Tagged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bump while there are still a few days left.

Comment

Working...
                          X