Kansas 2019 super special buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas 2019 super special buck

Just got back from an unbelievable week up Kansas deer hunting. This is my crews 10 season in North Central Kansas and I was able to hook up on a super wide buck we had 3 years of history with. We had gone up about 3 weeks sooner to hang some sets and fill feeders and put out cams. First evening in last week I headed to a farm this deer stayed on hoping to have caught a pic of him, and I wasn’t disappointed. I decided to devote to him and do all I could to get a arrow between his ribs. I had to wait the first day as the wind was wrong but on day 2 I made my move. I had truck problems on the way to the farm that morn which turned out to be a blessing because he was in before daylight and I’d have likely bumped him going in. So after getting the truck tending to and back running I made it to the farm about 9am. As I topped the last ridge I seen him and his doe down on the pond in my set. So I had to just lay in wait until about 11:30 when they finally moved off and bedded. There was no chance of a stalk! Believe me I looked at every avenue and it was just to risky. Plus he had been coming into my set consistently enough that I felt good about just letting them ease off and getting to my stand. After about 2 hrs on stand I looked up to see him stand from his bed about 300 yards away and come by himself into the pond for a drink. When he got inside 50 yards I won’t lie the ticker started really heating up but I managed to gather myself and stay calm as he came on into the set. He got a drink facing me the whole time with no shot. Then he made the mistake to walk over to my hand corn at 25 yards and I made my play. Shot was a tad high but the down angle was perfect and he made a 250 yard run to his end. Waited on my brother to help with the recovery and it wasn’t until we walked up on him that we completely realized how Mega wide he was!!! Clay laid one of my 29” arrows inside his rack with only about 2” hanging out!!! I’m so blessed and proud of this truly awesome 8!! With a 27 1/2” inside spread and matching 27” beams he tapes 155 and change!!! Check out the TC pic he gave me after the shot!!! God bless y’all and happy hunting this season!

Very cool buck!!!!

Comment

Wow!! Impressive.

Comment

That’s awesome! Congrats on a great buck!

Comment

Great buck congrats

Comment

Man great job. The bow is sure something.

-john

Comment

Wow!!!!! Big congrats on that beast.

Wide bucks like that are indeed super special. I like the heck out of him!

Comment

Wow, cool picture

Comment

What a beast! Congrats

Comment

Congratulations on getting your great buck!

Comment

That’s one of my favorite 8s I’ve seen on here! Big congrats!

Comment

Congrats, super nice buck.

Comment

What a deer. Congrats

Comment

Great buck. Congrats!

Comment

Beautiful deer!

Comment

Working...
                              X