Going Live from Lavaca County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Live from Lavaca County

Looks like the rain is going to hold off and I will have my first sit of the year. Going to get showered, loaded up and be on stand by 615 to 630. Will update when I get settled in..

Good luck

Comment

Best of luck, looks like tomorrow will be mo better regarding the rain.

Where about you hunting? I've been seeing little to zero movement west of Hallettsville and am debating on even going on my days off which start tomorrow.

I did see a good deer chasing south of town last weekend and another was killed on hwy 77 chasing yesterday.

Comment

East of yoakum. Been seeing a lot of chasing so hopefully they are moving today

Comment

We're not that far apart. I'm off of 318 just a couple miles west of 77.

Good luck.

Comment

Enjoying a nice breeze in the face. I am like a kid at Christmas, full of excitement. Come on daylight

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Big body but cant tell what it is....

Comment

Good luck and following

Comment

And just like that, a doe is down

Comment

Way to go.

Comment

Congrats...remember pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

Awesome man, good to hear there's a little movement about.

Comment

Congrats. Keep shooting

Comment

In the stand early this morning only to have one big bodied deer come into the hand corn around 640. It ate a little then moved out. around 725 I hear splash in the hay field and look to the southeast to see a doe morning in. As she walks past limbs of the Live Oak tree I am in 12 feet off the ground, I grab my bow and try to get situated. She stops and looks around checks the wind, and moves into the hand corn. I really thought I had it further than I did from the stand, but she was eating hand corn at 16 yds. I draw back the Bowtech Destroyer 350, and settle the pin. She was slightly quartered away, I touch off the shot and send the Easton Axis tipped with a 100 grain Rage Hypodermic her way. As soon as the arrow makes impact there was BLOOD.. She takes off across the hay field, runs about 40 yards, and does the Death Jump. She was done in less than 30 seconds..
                              Not a Monster but a freezer filler....
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	102018 doe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	24558321

Comment

Working...
                              X