Shooting left but it's consistent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting left but it's consistent.

Noticed over the last couple weeks that I'm shooting 4-6 inches left of what I aim at at 10 yards. I figured out I was pulling some "Kentucky windage" after my first shot to bring my second back to POA. Today I just aimed at the same spot and kept shooting. I'm off. Either its a bow issue, a shaft issue or I'm not looking where the arrow is actually going to go. I'm guessing the latter. Shafts are as tuned as I can make them to the bow. I haven't tried a bareshaft yet to see but I'm guessing it'll be the same. 600 spine GT Trads out of a 45lb recurve. I have noticed that if I pull a "looky loo" and drop my bow hand before the arrow impacts it goes farther left. Back tension is there so I've got that working for me. Might not be important but I draw about an inch past my anchor and then settle forward for the shot, don't know where I picked that up but it's comfortable and repeatable and it keeps me from hitting my face with the string.

Advice?

Richard.

Aim right??? [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Aim right??? [emoji57]

LOL! When I posted that I fully thought either you CRM or SwampRabbit would tell me to aim right.

Richard

Comment

Try adjusting your brace height 3 Twist by their clockwise or counterclockwise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Drawing the way you are doing tends to cause a lot of folks go collapse on the shot. I would break the pulling past anchor habit and see where you are at.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Honestly when I've had this sort of issue I have done that and then hit to the right. Form issue that corrected itself.

Comment

Where is your elbow at in relation to the arrow? Straight line? When I start shooting left it means that I'm being lazy and not bringing my elbow back enough. That allows the string to be just a bit away from the face. I can overcompensate by pulling my elbow back too far and start shooting to the right.

Comment

I overdraw and settle into anchor as well. When I start shooting left it's either back tension/follow through, overextending my draw length, or grip.

Comment

When my fistmele creeps I shoot left. In fact, every time I don't shoot how I want is because my fistmele. It's been a long time since I called it that. Too much to drink tonight!

Comment

Thank goodness for google.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      Thank goodness for google.
                      Hahaha! That's an old *** term but that's what I learned!

Comment

I found out recently it can definitely mess you up.

Comment

Bow arm might be too stiff slight bend in your elbow , should shift it over.

Comment

this started happening to me and I canted the bow a bit and fixed it right up

Comment

A little cant on the bow might help, I started to have that problem when moved to 3 under and realized by taking a picture of myself at anchoring that my arrow wasn't under my dominant eye, did a small adjustment on my side and the problem went away

Comment

Working...
                              X