Sika "problem"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sika "problem"

Are japanese sika territorial? We have about 300 acres in edwards thats low fenced on the front side of the property and we usually see alot of axis on the game cameras. Lately since the sika started showing up(1 buck and 4 does) we have not seen as many axis. The sika have showed up in the last two months and have not left. Do yall think they are driving the axis out?

Up here in Maryland there is a free range herd, and then tend to run the whitetails off.

Comment

Call me and I will take care of those punks....

But really let me know.

Comment

I'm not a wildlife behavioral scientist are anything but I can tell you that I have seen sika run axis and whitetail off.... And I mean run them off!!! Numerous times at my buddy's 3200 acre place in Real county
        That being said, I have seen mature fallow make the Sika run and hide, but the whitetail and axis were unaffected by them.

Comment

I have seen 2 sika bucks bark at a kid that just slung 2 arrows at them

Comment

Fallow

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
            I'm not a wildlife behavioral scientist are anything but I can tell you that I have seen sika run axis and whitetail off.... And I mean run them off!!! Numerous times at my buddy's 3200 acre place in Real county
            That being said, I have seen mature fallow make the Sika run and hide, but the whitetail and axis were unaffected by them.
            Bryan (from the Bug Scuffle Ranch) told me that this was the reason they got rid of all of the fallow on there. He told me that they would tear up a fence just to get through and fight another. He said they would fight other animals as well and proceeded to tell me about one that had chased a red stag into a pond. They were also trying to get rid of the sika so I wouldn't be surprised if they're aggressive too.

Comment

Easy fix .... *pew pew* and the axis will return!

Comment

I'd be willing to help with the problem, for free.

Comment

Have gun, will travel

Comment

Sika are rough . I have seen a Japanese sika take on a big stag more then a few times.

Comment

Put them in a Yeti and have fun doing so

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                        Put them in a Yeti and have fun doing so
                        x2

Comment

I guess the consensus is unanimous.....i shall put down said sika...and feast...

Comment

Sika spike was the best venison I have had--even better than axis IMO. The HF ranch I get hunt occasionally has axis, wt, sika, and blackbuck. The sika have their own "space" and we usually only see them at 3 of the 20 or so feeder/stands.

Comment

The free range sika at my Edwards county ranch seem to get along just fine with the whitetails. They will feed together and such. I have never seen axis and sika together, but I don't ever seen that many axis. So I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X