Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Age this Coryell County jaw bone please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age this Coryell County jaw bone please...

Last edited by Roscoe; 01-25-2015, 07:58 PM.

Excelent pictures. Still has the rear hook on number six so I'm going with 3.5

Comment

Comment

Comment

3.5, no staining on front teeth, like the back teeth

Comment

Here's the link to an age thread I had posted on him prior:

Discuss aging, scoring, management ideas and all things related to improving hunting conditions

Comment

And some of the trail cam pics I got of him. He was all over our place for a couple of weeks. His inside spread was 18":

I thought these were cool pictures...and most likely his downfall:

Look how black his rear legs were....nasty! He smelled about as bad as any boar I ever killed.

Comment

So, I guess 3.5 is the consensus.

Comment

LDP's?

Comment

To me, his teeth look 4.5-5.5. I'm leaning towards a lean 5.5 since he was such an active rut deer. Plus, the staining he had you just never see on a young deer, even in a unbalanced herd. I wish you had pics of him mid October. My guess is that he'd look completely different. Nice buck, nice pics, congrats.

Comment

We are in Coryell county too... and I agree with 3.5, a good 3.5 too.... we woulda let him walk but our neighbors woulda hammered him. good jawbone pics helps with verification

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                        To me, his teeth look 4.5-5.5. I'm leaning towards a lean 5.5 since he was such an active rut deer. Plus, the staining he had you just never see on a young deer, even in a unbalanced herd. I wish you had pics of him mid October. My guess is that he'd look completely different. Nice buck, nice pics, congrats.

??? What? How???? EVERY tooth is still sharp, almost no wear showing?

We have a couple deer like him, you want to think 4.5, but you knock them down and pull open the mouth, 3.5... that's from exsperience. In the county this deer is out of..

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                          Yep. This.

Nothing on those teeth looks 3 to me, but I don't rely on teeth much. His body dang sure isn't a 3 year old.

Comment

I am in the 4.5 age on this one. $0.02

Comment

Originally posted by Dan T View Post
                              LDP's?
                              Rifle kill btw.

Comment

Working...
                              X