This Old House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Old House

My Wife and I came across this old farm house in Kansas recently. We’re in our third house we’ve built here in Texas and it certainly isn’t hard to imagine a day nearly 100 years ago when a couple drove the last nail and applied the final coat of paint to the home of their dreams. Today it stands in near total ruin subject to the harsh elements, unprotected by loving hands. They are long gone.

Looking through the window at the left I caught a weird counterclockwise view of the torture of decay. I used the window jamb on the right of the picture to establish something vertical and snapped this photo. Testimony to lath and plaster wall construction is the section of interior wall at left center. I also noticed no evidence of a roof collapse which leads me to believe a very strong wind robbed the home of its only protection.

Last edited by Bluesman; 04-29-2008, 07:30 PM.

Cool Pictures. I love old buildings and often wonder about their history.

Comment

Those are great pics. I took a few of some old houses when I was in Nebraska. I'll post them up tomorrow.

Comment

Cool. I am also attracted to old houses and buildings and wonder what stories they could tell.

Comment

I like old houses also. If only those walls could talk, i'd be first in line to listen to their story.

Comment

Working...
          X