Camera Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Brands

Hey guys & gals- I have been using cheaper cameras for the last 4-5 years. By cheaper I'm talking less than $150.
    I cannot seem to keep these cameras running for more than a season, so always replacing them, trying to get the warranty, etc. Also, approx. 50% of my pics don't turn out on various cheap brands.
    I am wanting to spend about $300 on another trail cam and see if I have any better luck with dependability or picture quality, so any suggestions from you guys would be appreciated.
    Thanks a bunch!

I love the new Bushnell Trophy Cam. It's about $190, but you can find them on sale for as low as $130. They take good pics and the batteries (8 AAs) last! I have over 5000 pics on one set of batteries. I haven't had mine real long, but they seem like a good quality camera and they should last.

Never heard anything bad about the Cuddebacks. Never owned one though.

Comment

X2 on the bushnell and Natchez.com has them for $139... we have 2 of them and LOVE them

Comment

Originally posted by Oz_Ag View Post
        I love the new Bushnell Trophy Cam. It's about $190, but you can find them on sale for as low as $130. They take good pics and the batteries (8 AAs) last! I have over 5000 pics on one set of batteries. I haven't had mine real long, but they seem like a good quality camera and they should last.

Never heard anything bad about the Cuddebacks. Never owned one though.
        You have a NEW 2010 BTC and it already has 5000 pics? They just came out this year. I like the BTC for everything except their IR pic quality. I have 2 cuddebacks, cant go wrong. Best trigger speed and pic quality!!!! Battery life is only small downside, but u will be amazing at the pics.

Comment

I would really look at buying a Reconyx.. You can find them used some times on Archery Talk.. The best camera I have ever had.. In fact I just bought another one..They NEVER fail, give you GREAT pictures and are in the top three cameras on the market..

Comment

I have been using covert you can find then on line great on batterys. i then just load then on my computer or my lap top for in the field works out great

Comment

-Thanks guys, appreciate it!

Comment

I use the Bushnell Trophy Cam also, no complaints.

A buddy of mine has a Cuddeback, it takes great pics, but I can't make myself part with that kind of money for a trail cam.

Comment

Originally posted by Joebuck View Post
                  I use the Bushnell Trophy Cam also, no complaints.

A buddy of mine has a Cuddeback, it takes great pics, but I can't make myself part with that kind of money for a trail cam.
                  the new cuddebacks are the same price as th BTC

Comment

I dropped $200 on a Cuddeback 2 years ago and I love it. No problems, super simple setup, and fast triggers. I've got pictures of deer in mid air jumping fences. Batteries last a long time too.

Comment

I've always used the cuddeback cameras. I really like the Capture for it's ease of operation and you can't beat the trigger speed and picture quality. I've used them "professionally" and I have to have a camera that works everytime and the cuddeback does.

Dave

Comment

what are yall getting for battery life on urs? I have always had my pic quality on high resolution and gotten about 2-3 weeks battery life. I might try lowering the pic resolution to try and get batteries to last a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Snaps View Post
                          I dropped $200 on a Cuddeback 2 years ago and I love it. No problems, super simple setup, and fast triggers. I've got pictures of deer in mid air jumping fences. Batteries last a long time too.
                          same here!

Comment

Cuddeback for sure. Battery life in summer in about 2 months and 1 month in dead of winter.

Comment

Working...
                            X