The Alamo defenders were not heroic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Alamo defenders were not heroic

According to new members of the State Board of Education, they want the word heroic removed from the standards taught to 7th grade students about the siege of The Alamo

Also, they want the Travis letter from The Alamo to be removed altogether from teachings.....

Just another example of people trying to rewrite history......

I cant see Gov Abbott of letting this stand

SMDH

The social studies curriculum for 7th graders in Texas learning about the Alamo could reportedly face some new changes, at least one of which has drawn the ire of the state’s governor.

what a load of dooky, those folks should be tarred and feathered and run out of town.

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
      what a load of dooky, those folks should be tarred and feathered and run out of town.

I never thought I would see this kind of news in Texas, but it is a direct result of a strong economy in Texas. This state and especially the hill country ( Austin) is being overrun with liberals from around the country that are not native Texans. Especially those from California....They are bringing those politics with them.

I never thought I would see someone like Beto have any chance in Texas....
      Its been almost 40 years since a democrat won here...it wont be much longer

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
        I never thought I would see this kind of news in Texas, but it is a direct result of a strong economy in Texas. This state and especially the hill country ( Austin) is being overrun with liberals from around the country that are not native Texans. Especially those from California....They are bringing those politics with them.

I never thought I would see someone like Beto have any chance in Texas....
        Its been almost 40 years since a democrat won here...it wont be much longer
        Sounds to me like you have two borders y'all need to be guarding. If one Californian enters he or she better take a minimum of 5 right back to California when they go back.

Comment

The migration has been going on for years and getting worse. Look at the hill country and see all those rooftops and mansions on the hill tops, and those people from Kalifornika sell their cracker box homes for unbelievable amounts of money, and then come to the hill country and buy a house or have one built on a hilltop, and their old cramped home would fit three times inside that new home, and have thousands if not millions of dollars left over, without having to pay all the taxes, for one of the reasons they moved.
          Then, they still want to change Texas to be just like the state they just left, while reaping the benefits, which given time under their beliefs, will change our state into what they left.....I think you would have to call that insanity.

All I have to say is no proud native Texan would condone or support that proposal!
          Last edited by Jimbo47; 09-08-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Just emailed my SBOE member to let them know how I felt on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
              Just emailed my SBOE member to let them know how I felt on the subject.
              Awesome...I am about to email the same person...I am in Montgomery also

Comment

Next year it will be, a bunch of white men hired some hispanics to come in and remodel at cheap wages
                Said white men then caused a riot which resulted in their demise, all hispanics defending themselves from the white rioters have been offered counseling

Comment

They should all be removed from office

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                    next year it will be, a bunch of white men hired some hispanics to come in and remodel at cheap wages
                    said white men then caused a riot which resulted in their demise, all hispanics defending themselves from the white rioters have been offered counseling
                    winner!

Comment

Originally posted by larryf250 View Post
                      they should all be removed from office
                      x10000

Comment

We should pass a law that states, "No citizen, with liberal ideals, shall live outside the states of Utah, California, Minnesota, New York, or Oregon". Of course, you can add Puerto Rico and Hawaii to that list as well.

Comment

Look up Abbot's tweet about it, he lambasted them and said all constituents should contact there state board of education rep.

Pres. Bush also posted a very negative view of the situation...

More and more I feel like my wife and I are going to have to buy some older history books with less lib influence and make a point to teach history at home when we have kids.

I've already heard "revisionist" accounts of the Trump ellection... Making it sound like he was an underdog to start with and was winning in the media...
                          Last edited by catslayer; 09-08-2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

No respect for those who gave their lives...I know it's a little different but still.

The only way to be a hero anymore is if you're a minority standing up for a cause that doesn't exist. (the cause exists but the reason doesn't)

Comment

Friend of mine along with his wife decided in the very beginning they would homeschool their kids. It helps keep them away from the craziness known as public schools. If I am ever blessed with kids I hope to be able to afford to do the same. Things will continue to decline in the public school system. That’s not being pessimistic, it’s just reality.

Comment

Working...
                              X