Any Six Sigma Black Belts on TBH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Six Sigma Black Belts on TBH?

I’m SSGB certified looking for options on where to get black belt certification. My current company only offers green belt. I looked at some online programs via colleges and some make you go through their program and not recognize anything outside of them. That means they want me to start at ground zero and go through their green belt program first & then follow with their BB program. I’m not starting back over at my age lol

I send my engineers to a company called TMAC to get BB certified. Not sure if they operate outside DFW or not, but all classes are held at UTA. They will let you go right to BB classes.

J

Comment

Try ASQ (American Society for Quality) they have several options, and are accredited when it comes to most companies. Doesn't mean some company wouldn't want you to take their own training though.

Comment

SMU used to offer a certification but I haven't been able to find it in a while. I have my green belt but have been looking to get my black belt certification

I've been looking at the Villanova and Purdue courses

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
          SMU used to offer a certification but I haven't been able to find it in a while. I have my green belt but have been looking to get my black belt certification

I've been looking at the Villanova and Purdue courses
          Same here. Seems like the one at Purdue made you go thru their GB prior to their BB. Some programs are graduate certificate types where it’s 4 or 5 courses and no project. I think Arizona State Univ has something like this

Comment

I've thought about pursuing this. I'm a CPA in the accounting/finance world. How valuable is this type of learning? not looking to change careers or employers - just looking to improve my skills and perspectives.

thanks for any input.

Comment

My SSGB is through SSUS, you should also be able to do this through ASQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
                I send my engineers to a company called TMAC to get BB certified. Not sure if they operate outside DFW or not, but all classes are held at UTA. They will let you go right to BB classes.

J
                This is where I went way back in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                  I've thought about pursuing this. I'm a CPA in the accounting/finance world. How valuable is this type of learning? not looking to change careers or employers - just looking to improve my skills and perspectives.

thanks for any input.
                  Some are Lean six sigma based incorporating the lean principles which I think would add value in your world. The six sigma focus is reducing process variation and for my world (Process Engineer) is very valuable. I already utilize tools like DOE - design of experiments to help in our processes. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post

J
                    TMAC is good.

Comment

Got my green belt but not black. My company was forcing me to do it and once my green belt project was done my new boss said I don’t need it. Typical corporate world

Comment

I got my green belt but not black also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X