Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You fellas talking about Mr. Buddy Heater repair the other day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You fellas talking about Mr. Buddy Heater repair the other day.

I just fixed another one. And must say I’ve never seen this[emoji15]. Usually it’s a smaller spider that climbs in the pilot hole piping and dies blocking the flow of gas to allow it to light, or oil from the big tanks/hoses clogging the metal fuel lines. This time the pilot light was fine but the flames when kicked up were back behind the burner blowing out everywhere. Not good. So I took it apart and looked in the burner assembly with poor lighting. Looked like some insulation was clogging up the fuel shaft. The old ones had an insulation lining around the edge of the ceramic block. So I stuck my finger in the burner because I saw what looked like insulation and this mofo moved and jumped out like a crab or eel to scare me away and then ran back in his hole. [emoji15] I might have screamed like a girl[emoji13][emoji23][emoji23]. Sucker had completely filled up the burner assembly with webbing and was still alive. I’m surprised he was still there and alive since it has been sitting in my garage for 3 weeks waiting on me to look at it. Cleaned it all out, and it runs like a champ. Anyway you just never know.

Last edited by Smart; 12-29-2017, 04:13 PM.

LMAO!! That one might make Pope and Young LOL

Comment

Oh snap! Yea, I'd have had a very unmasculine reaction myself.

Comment

Lmao! That is freaking crazy! I read the story before i looked at the pics. I thought you may have been exaggerating. You were not. I freaking hate spiders. I don’t think the heater would have survived if that would have happened to me

Comment

Also anybody know what kind it is? Pregnant jumbo wolf maybe? Looked like a tarantula coming out..

Comment

Poop!

Comment

Lmao

Comment

Looks like a prego wolf to me.

Comment

I used my buddy heater for the first time today. I really expected to get more life out of one of those propane cans.

Comment

Yep that'll do it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Bro, your lucky to be alive !!!!!! LOL

Ranchdog

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                        I used my buddy heater for the first time today. I really expected to get more life out of one of those propane cans.

We get 5-6 hours on low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have one with the pilot light issue. How do you clear it?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                            Funny, I was going to put a new OP on this, same thing for me but mine lasted more than I expected? I had mine on low and had to turn it off after about an hour. I took my wool beanie off, gloves off and it I could have taken my insulated bibs off they would have been gone too. Hunting out of a 4x6 fiberglass blind and it was cold, misty...I'm a believer in them, toasty and satisfied. I'll keep at least two fresh cans in the blind during the cold times, well worth it at least for my old bones!!

Comment

Yeah fairly certain I would have screamed and s*** myself. Have you guys tried keeping them in a bag or something to help with dust or whatever the hell that is? Especially during the off season. I’m sick of them not working.

Comment

Working...
                              X