Eggnog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eggnog

Who else here drinks it? I've grown quiet fond of it over the past several years. I typically buy the HEB brand or Promise Land Light. Mixed with Rich and Rare (po' man's Crown) or bourbon with a little extra nutmeg on top makes for a pretty tasty Christmas drink.

What's ya'll favorite Nog and what do ya'll like to mix it with? Tis the season!

I make my own eggnog from a recipe that was given to me by my Paw Paw. He and I took it one step further about 15 years ago and added Bluebell vanilla ice cream to it. Here's the recipe if you would like to try it. You can PM me if you have any questions on making it.

6 eggs
    1 pint half & half
    1 pint whipping cream
    1 pint whiskey
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 gallon blue bell vanilla ice cream

Separate egg whites from yellows. Beat whites stiff then add 1/2 cup sugar and mix well. Beat yellows and add 1/2 cup sugar and mix well. Then mix all ingredients together in a large punch bowl and mix well. **Partially melt the ice cream so it will mix better. Add more vanilla extract and more sugar if needed (or more whiskey to!!!)

PS - I double the batch because I have a large bunch of folks.*

Comment

Eggnog

I buy whatever is in Spec's that year. Deep South, Pensnsylvania Dutch, etc. I started adding a shot of bourbon to it as well. Yum!

Comment

That Pennsylvania Dutch is on point

Comment

Pennsylvania Dutch!

Comment

Borden will do...but so will SoCom. I just like egg nog in general even without the whiskey

Comment

Love it. Usually mix with a cinnamon infused whiskey or bourbon. BTW, that cinnamon bourbon mixes really really well with hot apple cider.....

Comment

Eggnog

From someone on here...

Eggnog

• 6 eggs

• 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar

• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

• 3/4 cup brandy

• 1/3 cup dark rum (Captain Morgan for best flavor, but Myers is fine)

• 2 cups whipping cream

• 2 cups milk

All liquids should be very cold. Refrigerate in advance.

Beat the eggs for 2 or 3 minutes with an electric mixer at medium speed until very frothy. Gradually beat in the sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Turn the mixer off and stir in the cold brandy, rum, whipping cream and milk Chill before serving. Sprinkle individual servings with more nutmeg.

Makes about 2-1/2 quarts

Comment

Braums

Comment

X2 Braums

Comment

love it... Braums brand is my favorite... I'm not a big alcoholic eggnog fan... guess its a holdover from drinking it as a kid

Comment

Originally posted by JHarrell89 View Post
                        Borden will do...but so will SoCom. I just like egg nog in general even without the whiskey
                        Same here, I just love the rich taste of it plain. My biggest problem is drinking too much at one time.

Comment

Jack Daniels with a splash of eggnog light from HEB.

Comment

Braums is the Bomb Diggity! mixed with whiskey is hard to beat!

Comment

I like it. My brother on the other hand loves it. He'll drink a carton of it in no time.

Comment

Working...
                              X