Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I had some pics to post but I've had pretty much the same 4-5 bucks at the feeders every feed. They aren't starving right now thats for sure.

Comment

Headed down tomorrow to beat the next batch of rain. Hoping it has dried out enough to get around without making a mess. Planning on killing as many pigs as I can get arrows in. Excited about checking cameras. Should have 6-8 deer all 5+ yo this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep
        Pics are way down with some older bucks completely disappearing from feeders. Another rain coming this weekend could be a slow October on feed.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
          Yep
          Pics are way down with some older bucks completely disappearing from feeders. Another rain coming this weekend could be a slow October on feed.

Our big bucks historically have disappeared from the feeder pens for 2-5 days right before they rub out.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
            Our big bucks historically have disappeared from the feeder pens for 2-5 days right before they rub out.
            Ours have been awol for about a month now, since that first big rain greened everything up. Can't blame them, been drought all summer and now the pasture is beyond lush. I'm sure they will crave some gold candy once the new wears off on the green and it gets a little tougher. But I'm thinking it is gonna still be super slow on feed until mid Oct and they start feeling a little frisky.

Comment

About an hour out. The greenest I’ve seen it out this way in a long time. Every hole of water is full.

Comment

Anyone have any leads on a lease around this area?

Comment

Not this late in the yr

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
                    Stand is up, cant fill feeders road is to bad after the last rain storm... had to walk about a mile to get to the camp aslo.
                    Said if they where 15 mins later they wouldn't of made it in to drop.off trailer with stand on it then haul butt put.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                    Brody Taylor from Hardin?

Comment

Sitting here in southern Tom Green county watching it rain. Not sure lush green is giving this place enough credit. Good Lord what a week of rain does to change this country. And I have never seen the likes of Live Oak acorns already on the ground. Might be a tad tough killing in October.....ha

Best of luck to all.

Rwc

Comment

It's been crazy this year, 8" pass 2 weeks, I haven't seen 8" total in all the years I've been out there. 2' tall weeds. They are not hitting the feeders as hard lately.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                          It's been crazy this year, 8" pass 2 weeks, I haven't seen 8" total in all the years I've been out there. 2' tall weeds. They are not hitting the feeders as hard lately.
                          You betcha, a deer on this ground would not have to venture far at all to gorge its self right now. And to show how smart I am, dumped another round of corn and protein in all the feeders. Can you say creature of habit??????

I have a ideal that I will be taking every camera I have and putting them on random acorn tress with a little hand corn until I find a semi feed pattern.

Rwc

Comment

Don't have any acorns thank goodness, but might have to hunt off the feeders as though the rut is on.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	8F097B74-7299-4202-AB44-D0AE46E1ADC1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	24552421

Nice rain today for sure.

Comment

Least they are at your feeder, that's good. I will find out next week what's going on out at our place.

Comment

Working...
                                X