Micro diameter shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro diameter shafts

Anyone gone to the super skinny shafts with their trad gear? Trying to talk myself into going to them along with some heavy heads to give extreme FOC a try.

There are guys who have. I use FMJ’s, which are skinny, but not micro skinny. Since switching to the FMJ’s, I have noticed much better penetration on critters, and because of the way they are built, my FOC is not quite as high as when I was shooting the all carbon shaft.

If go to a skinnier shaft with high FOC (assuming the setup is well tuned), I can’t help but think you will end up with better penetration on critters!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I tried them with compounds and didn't like them. Too hard to pull out of 3D targets. I get passthrough shots with standard shafts so it's not a concern for me.
      Plus, I didn't like the outserts which to me negated the thin shaft and cause the difficulties removing them from the target.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      Last edited by DRT; 06-20-2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I have also thought about changing but have not pulled the trigger either. It stands to reason that a smaller diameter shaft would have better penetration but physics was never my forte.

Comment

I shoot the micro diameter shaft out of my compound have been for the past 2-3 years. I love them.

Comment

I shoot them, and I love them.

I'm shooting the Widowmaker Smash .300's (Out of Australia).

I smashed this squirrel against a tree with one tipped with a VPA SGT earlier today.

16 yards, straight through, and smashed hard against the tree.
            No damage to the arrow.

I won't shoot anything else, unless I'm forced to for some reason.

Rick

Comment

Dumplings

Comment

like Rick, I highly recommend Widowmakers..I shoot 340's, not real skinny though.

Also shoot Black Eagle X Impact, super skinny, very tough, easy to tune, great success with them...they're just not Widowmakers

Lancaster will sell Black Eagles individually, so easy to give them a try

Comment

I shoot Gold Tips. Not sure those are what your talking about though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexKing View Post
                    like Rick, I highly recommend Widowmakers..I shoot 340's, not real skinny though.

Also shoot Black Eagle X Impact, super skinny, very tough, easy to tune, great success with them...they're just not Widowmakers

Lancaster will sell Black Eagles individually, so easy to give them a try
                    My .300's are .26" diameter. Might as well call them quarter inch.
                    The outserts are 11/16, and I use 11/16 points, but that's all right behind the broadhead, so no big deal.

Toughest, and most consistent in spine & weight of any carbons I have ever used

Rick

Comment

Where did u buy them rick?

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
                        Where did u buy them rick?

Rick

Comment

I am looking at using the Black Eagle Instinct shafts and they come with a 100 grain outsert! If you want a lighter shaft (fewer gpi) then the x impact from Black eagle. I do not have any experience with them yet but this is what I will use once my new bow gets here!

Comment

I just started using the GT Kinetic Pierce with the 20 grain Easton deep six insert. You can tap the back of the insert (5-40 thread) and screw in the GT fact weights for as much FOC as you want. Also gives you the option to add or remove weight for testing even after the insert is glued in.

Comment

I have a doz 1416 aluminums you can try

Comment

Working...
                              X