Found my feeder blind combo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    I think I would put a directional feeder rather than a typical 360° thrower. I think it’s gonna be near impossible to get repositioned if the deer you want to shoot comes in behind you, scent control issues aside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Bingo this is exactly what I would do and I would put it into the brush and have the unit shoot corn into the open area.

Comment

Do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
        During the season I take a vinilla shower once a week even if I don't need it

Directional feeder is a solid idea.

We get out with deer around us most everytime. Doesn't seem to bother them much.

I thought about a swivel seat on top. I would rather cut it off and have the middle floor space open.

I figured capacity (825 gallons) will be around 4500lbs +/-. I only can afford to fill it up once a year. That should last awhile anyway

Hell you didn’t say vanilla the first time[emoji13][emoji23][emoji23].

They couldn’t smell you with their nose in your armpit with that stuff[emoji13][emoji23]

Comment

You ain’t got a hair on your bottom if you don’t buy a spear and change the game.

Comment

Do you have the story of your hay ring blind build on here? I have one that I'm wanting to make into a blind too!

Comment

Over kill, ridiculous and unnecessary.

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                Do you have the story of your hay ring blind build on here? I have one that I'm wanting to make into a blind too!
                Yes somewhere. I have made 3. All different. The one pictured earlier is covered with a tarp off eBay. Made out of cordura fabric. It finally got bad after 3 years in the field.
                I skinned one with thin metal and it's my least favorite. Hard to work with, but holds up well. It has windows all the way around.
                My favorite one is skinned with 4 x 8 sheets of coroplast. Light easy to work with and has last 2 years with little wear showing. I'm going to do the one on top of the tank with coroplast. Gonna ask all the politicians if I can pick up their signs after election day and use those.
                I have the guy customize the rings to 6 ft tall and the windows and door how I want them laid out. They are 8 foot round.

I 've done the roofs differently. The best is 4 pieces of rebar bent and stuck in holes that are drilled. Covered with old billboard vinyls I bought used. The one pictured. I used joists hangers and 2x4s with a plywood roof. It got blown off even screwed down.

Best thing is they weigh nothing and can be rolled around where you want them.

This is the one out of coroplast.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's the first one pictured set up 20 yards from a feeder.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yeah I'd say over kill. I would just build a regular platform for blind, either Krivoman with six windows spread out or a Maverick six shooter, then just put a Llamco low and throw under it.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                      Yes somewhere. I have made 3. All different. The one pictured earlier is covered with a tarp off eBay. Made out of cordura fabric. It finally got bad after 3 years in the field.

I skinned one with thin metal and it's my least favorite. Hard to work with, but holds up well. It has windows all the way around.

My favorite one is skinned with 4 x 8 sheets of coroplast. Light easy to work with and has last 2 years with little wear showing. I'm going to do the one on top of the tank with coroplast. Gonna ask all the politicians if I can pick up their signs after election day and use those.

I have the guy customize the rings to 6 ft tall and the windows and door how I want them laid out. They are 8 foot round.

I 've done the roofs differently. The best is 4 pieces of rebar bent and stuck in holes that are drilled. Covered with old billboard vinyls I bought used. The one pictured. I used joists hangers and 2x4s with a plywood roof. It got blown off even screwed down.

Best thing is they weigh nothing and can be rolled around where you want them.

This is the one out of coroplast.

Nice. I think I’m gonna use some old metal roofing pieces. Mine will be a permanent blind. Might even dig out the ground and make it where we are almost looking out at ground level. Then I can just put a flat roof on top with more metal roofing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s going to be a fun build! Keep us updated!

Comment

I can’t wait to see the finished product

Comment

Do it! It could be a Spearchunker stand!

Comment

I like the round blind, I think its a great idea. I've been thinking about building a couple of blinds like that for a while. My question is what kind of sheet metal did you use to skin the blind? And where did you find the sheet metal?

Comment

Originally posted by lovetohunt View Post
                                I like the round blind, I think its a great idea. I've been thinking about building a couple of blinds like that for a while. My question is what kind of sheet metal did you use to skin the blind? And where did you find the sheet metal?
                                The one I made out of metal was a pain. I got what they call coil wraps from a metal place. They use them to cover the big rolls of flat metal they press and cut for peoples orders.They cover the rolls during shipping . They were 4×6 or so. And cost 3 bucks each.
                                Trust me use coroplast!!! Much better to work with, lighter, flexable. I have had 2 of them out for 2 years with coroplast and no issues. Really easy to screw on and cut windows. Right now ask the losers in political races if you can pick them up for them!

Comment

Working...
                                X