No announcement yet.

School Shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal detectors would be an extra bonus but would not be a secure solution, however I believe that multiple armed security personnel would be great, at my highschool we have any where from 2-4 armed campus police, with a K-9. I've never worried about my security. Now that I have looked at many opinions I see that there is no "for sure" solution, besides armed robots...

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
      Israel has armed and concealed guards. They are in a very bad place for safety. And have zero school shootings.
      Yet 91% of all school shooting fatalities, throughout the world, occur in the US.. That's according to a stat I heard on FOX this evening..

If that is true then we should be ashamed....

Our children deserve better.

Comment

We'll spend billions bombing middle eastern countries back into the stone age they want to be in anyway but not on our children, infrastructure and a system to keep illegal immigrants out.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Whatever the cost, we have to protect our kids in these schools. Metal detectors, controlled entry, armed security. Something has to be done. I don't think any gun control legislation will help. I can't imagine civil liberties going down without major fights in the courts for a long time. But we can control the security at the very minimum, within school buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
            It has to start with the state - the people who make the laws and provide the funding. School ratings based on test scores comes from the state level. Money and emphasis has to be reallocated. No local district could do this without having the same level of commitment from the sate.
            So your saying the local voters can vote on multi-million dollar stadium funding but we have no vote on other local funding appropriations such as school security? I call BS screw state funding and let local funding decide.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              So your saying the local voters can vote on multi-million dollar stadium funding but we have no vote on other local funding appropriations such as school security? I call BS screw state funding and let local funding decide.
              No joke, skim a little off that athletics budget or the next bond for a football stadium and state of the art training facility and voila you have funding for school security.

These shootings keep happening because as a nation our priorities are out of whack, at home in our school districts and at the federal level. Time to put our money where our mouth is on school security.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                Arm teachers?
                How many 50 year old women that read to six year olds all day will have nerves of steel to be able to shoot the eyes out of a crazy (or three crazies) as he runs thru a school with 300 rounds of .223 on him?
                Those 6 year-olds are the teachers' babies. I bet most would turn just like a mama brahma cow when you mess with those babies. Give them a chance to protect those babies with a firearm. It's got to be more effective than hiding behind a desk.

Comment

I'd just bet the shooter he couldn't eat a tide pod....problems solved!

Comment

God’s will.

Comment

School Shootings

I know school shootings are the hot topic but 26 people where just killed at a church in Texas.

If I had to blame it on anything it would be social media.

I’m only 36 but if I had a problem at school or church we handled with our fists.

I think the bullying that you would get at school has been multiplied by the constant bullying you get on Facebook, Snapchat, instagram. Kids can’t just have a bully at school anymore and it follows them home. Home is no longer a safe place with social media. Multiply that with the access of all the videos of the mass shootings and how easy it is to gain knowledge of shootings and different firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Black Ice; 02-16-2018, 12:20 AM.

Comment

When the Columbine shooting occurred, keep in mind this was before Instagram, Snapchat and all those other social media apps and sites, my thought was if the media would quit showing it on TV it wouldn’t happen. I don’t think these kids are born killers but are kids wanting to be recognized and will do whatever it takes. Now that every kid in school has a phone the minute a shooting starts it is posted for everyone to see. I don’t think there is a solution to keeping kids from doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by BonesandArrow View Post
                          When the Columbine shooting occurred, keep in mind this was before Instagram, Snapchat and all those other social media apps and sites, my thought was if the media would quit showing it on TV it wouldn’t happen. I don’t think these kids are born killers but are kids wanting to be recognized and will do whatever it takes. Now that every kid in school has a phone the minute a shooting starts it is posted for everyone to see. I don’t think there is a solution to keeping kids from doing this.

I agree but guess what the hot topic is on guns in this country? “Assault rifles”. Guess what everyone is now choosing to commit these horrible acts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BonesandArrow View Post
                            Is it that kids want to be popular?
                            Or is it that they are soft/weak (ie snowflakes) and don't know how to handle adversity (being picked on) so they just shoot the school up out of frustration?
                            I'm going with they are weak minded and take the easy road out which is shooting the school up.

It's participation trophy syndrome.
                            These kids want everything their way and want everyone to like them.
                            When things don't go their way they have access to firearms and the internet to make bombs so they do evil things.

Every true case of a school shooting (columbine, paducah, newtown, Florida) the kid was mentally insane.
                            They were outcasts and being picked on.
                            The parents weren't there for them.
                            This guy was 19 but suffered years of taunting before yesterday.

Only way someone is shooting up a school (outside of IsIs or the crips/bloods) Is they are crazy/mentally unstable

Comment

"This is horrible..... The biggest terrorist threat right now in our country is from our own people..... many of them kids. This has to stop."
                              I agree. What's most frightening is the shooters are being radicalized and glorified by LWL extremists and the Resist movement for political gain. Proof. Their only solution is gun control, UFB.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                                Is it that kids want to be popular?
                                Or is it that they are soft/weak (ie snowflakes) and don't know how to handle adversity (being picked on) so they just shoot the school up out of frustration?
                                I'm going with they are weak minded and take the easy road out which is shooting the school up.

It's participation trophy syndrome.
                                These kids want everything their way and want everyone to like them.
                                When things don't go their way they have access to firearms and the internet to make bombs so they do evil things.

Every true case of a school shooting (columbine, paducah, newtown, Florida) the kid was mentally insane.
                                They were outcasts and being picked on.
                                The parents weren't there for them.
                                This guy was 19 but suffered years of taunting before yesterday.

Only way someone is shooting up a school (outside of IsIs or the crips/bloods) Is they are crazy/mentally unstable

You're spot on but I also think social media and chasing "fame" plays a big role.

Just tonight a kid in South Carolina was arrested after sending a Snapchat of him holding an AR and claiming that he was going to shoot up his school tomorrow in a "Florida 2.0" fashion.

These social outcasts see it as a way to get back at those who they believe have wronged them while creating an opportunity to be known or finally recognized. Our media outlets and social media platforms plaster their pictures and names all across the headlines creating exposure and "fame".

Comment

Working...
                                X