X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
    That's enough for me to work with.

Without changing anything else:
    Pull your standard inserts, and install 100gr brass inserts.

That will put you right at:
    9.5gpp / 460gr total arrow weight, 22.5% FOC, and well within a window of good tunability.

Just install the 100 grain inserts, and continue using the 125gr heads.
    Adjust strike plate thickness, and nock point height for tuning.
    Once you've tuned to good arrow flight, and accuracy, go get after it, because your rig will be much more than adequate for the task.

Rick
    Great Rick, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      Great Rick, thank you.
      You're quite welcome.

That was figuring it so you can keep the 125gr broadheads you have on hand.

"IF" you want to change broadheads, and continue using the standard inserts, 200 grain should work real well for you.

Rick

Comment

You're quite welcome.

That was figuring it so you can keep the 125gr broadheads you have on hand.

"IF" you want to change broadheads, and continue using the standard inserts, 200 grain should work real well for you.

Rick
        Good deal. Im going to go to a pro shop this afternoon and see about getting some new inserts.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
          Good deal. Im going to go to a pro shop this afternoon and see about getting some new inserts.
          Cool Beans.

Just remember, you're gonna have to do some tuning to get them shooting the way they need to. They aren't gonna shoot anything like the way they do right now.

Rick

Comment

Cool Beans.

Just remember, you're gonna have to do some tuning to get them shooting the way they need to. They aren't gonna shoot anything like the way they do right now.

Rick
            Yes sir.

Comment

Geoff, my experience is it takes a lot of time and trial to get it right. The charts never seem to be right for me. I was shooting 49 @28 with C.E. 150's 125 grains and it did OK but I was never really happy with it. Now I am shooting 46@28 with CE 250's and 150grains. I am getting the best flight I ever had. I tried heavy adapters, and inserts but that never worked for me. My 145 gr. field points and my 2 Blade Magnus 150 gr. broadhead fly indentical.

Comment

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
                Geoff, my experience is it takes a lot of time and trial to get it right. The charts never seem to be right for me. I was shooting 49 @28 with C.E. 150's 125 grains and it did OK but I was never really happy with it. Now I am shooting 46@28 with CE 250's and 150grains. I am getting the best flight I ever had. I tried heavy adapters, and inserts but that never worked for me. My 145 gr. field points and my 2 Blade Magnus 150 gr. broadhead fly indentical.
                Yeah I can see that I'm going to have my work cut out for me. Going to be a fun experiment.
                I just ordered some new broadheads in the 150/175 class and I've going to check out some new inserts. We'll see how it goes.
                As far as tuning goes, my set up flies good with 125 gn flield points and broadheads.
                Let's see what going heavy does.

Comment

Working...
                X