Not just another doe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not just another doe...

So I took my son with me to the deer lease this weekend to give him first real taste of hunting. I knew it would be a task as he is 4 years old and well if you have ever been around a 4 year old you know they are not the quietest or most patient critters on earth.

Saturday morning was shaky and only lasted till 8am, but it was still fun. I hunted solo Saturday evening as I am hunting certain 10 point and tried to put the odds in my favor. Sunday morning he was with me again and i prepared a little better. He lasted till 8:45am when nature call and there was not holding it.

So Sunday evening I had made the decision that I was going to kill something, just so he could get a idea of a successful hunt. About 7pm I had a few nice does in the feed pen and picked one out and let a arrow fly. Much to my surprise I let the arrow fly directly over her back, clean miss. After checking the arrow we got back in the stand in case a deer might come back. Well it was our lucky day. 5 minutes later a doe jumps in the feed pen. I asked Barrett if he wanted daddy to shoot that deer and he said yes. I came to full draw and this time the grim reaper found its mark. Straight double lung and she has no idea what hit her. She didn’t even make it out of the feed pen and died.
    We were both excited.

This deer although just a small doe means a lot to me and not a hunt I will soon forgot and hopefully a hunt that will last a lifetime for Barrett and help instill a passion for the great outdoors much like I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Congrats to you both

Comment

Alright!

Comment

Congrats! Can't take that kids smile away! Way to go!

Comment

Awesome! Definitely a hunt he will remember, I know this will resonate with everyone and bring back some amazing memories. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Times ... That's the way I got my Daughter interested and she is my hunting partner.

My son just likes to sit with me but will be ready by next year ..

Comment

Cool deal

Comment

That is awesome. I still remember the day my dad took me hunting for the first time, and I have been hooked ever seince. It has cost me lots of money because of that. But something I will never forget!!!!!

Comment

Good stuff, Justin! I bet Barrett was so proud of that one! Congrats!
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Awesome Justin. Congrats

Comment

Awesome congrats

Comment

Good stuff....

Comment

That is full of greatness!!! Always a special hunt when you are with your children.

Comment

How cute he is. Making memories there Dad. Way to go.
                            Congrats on the doe.

Comment

Cannot wait for these days with my 20 and 4 month old kiddos. Congrats to both of y'all

Comment

Working...
                              X