Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-12-2018, 08:21 PM   #151
SolocamShooter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX

Bring on the rain!
SolocamShooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 08:37 PM   #152
doghouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills County

Bring it up to Mills county. About 8 inches behind for the year.
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 09:20 PM   #153
IvoryRoot
Six Point

Hunt In: Kerr Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salth2o View Post
Thatís it. Thanks
IvoryRoot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 12:21 AM   #154
Zjesse22
Four Point

Hunt In: Hidalgo County

Everyone is a weather expert on here I wonder if these were the same comments they were saying about harvey when it first popped up
Zjesse22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 06:28 AM   #155
FLASH_OUTDOORS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kennard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjesse22 View Post
Everyone is a weather expert on here I wonder if these were the same comments they were saying about harvey when it first popped up

No. Actually......a few of the ďweather expertsĒ on here were warning people. Saying that the initial prediction of rain fall from the media wasnít accurate. Have you read the thread from last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FLASH_OUTDOORS is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 06:40 AM   #156
Sackett
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

Quote:
Great, insightful and productive post. I wonder how long you will be contributing meaningful info as such. Relax Francis, this site is chock full of people willing to help at any given moment.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 06:48 AM   #157
Zjesse22
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Great, insightful and productive post. I wonder how long you will be contributing meaningful info as such. Relax Francis, this site is chock full of people willing to help at any given moment.
I am actually in hitchcock at the moment working and ready to help if needed just like i did last year. I donít see many productive postís on here besides fishing the bay... but anyway ive been tracking this storm since they first made this post and check every few hours for information to see if I need to be ready at any given moment that things change. Btw thanks for the links people have posted very helpful and no not being sarcastic.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:48 AM   #158
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Quote:
Guess you didnít know who to listen to on the Harvey thread or simply didnít read and tossing out accusations? Thereís a couple that love this stuff and are pretty accurate most of the time (more accurate then lots of weather men & women at least).

Know who to follow and itís usually pretty helpful.
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 06:58 AM   #159
Zjesse22
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
Guess you didnít know who to listen to on the Harvey thread or simply didnít read and tossing out accusations? Thereís a couple that love this stuff and are pretty accurate most of the time (more accurate then lots of weather men & women at least).

Know who to follow and itís usually pretty helpful.
Thats good for them their info is useful i just hope people dont underestimate this disturbance as just a sniff in the gulf
Old 06-13-2018, 07:09 AM   #160
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Quote:
Thats good for them their info is useful i just hope people dont underestimate this disturbance as just a sniff in the gulf
trust me, someone stuck their foot in their mouth and said this about Harvey so many on here take it seriously lol
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 07:26 AM   #161
dphillips62
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mission Valley, Victoria, and anywhere else I can sling an arrow

Tropical Tidbits is sure looking good for some much needed rain coming my way. Although it looks like we won't get a lot it will span over several days.
dphillips62 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 07:31 AM   #162
FreakHorn
Six Point

Hunt In: Webb, Gillespie, Brazoria

How far inland is the rain expected? Will it cover a good chunk of Texas? Iím going to Bandera for the weekend and wanting to know if itís going to be a rainout or just a chance?

FreakHorn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 09:00 AM   #163
tbgascorer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills County

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
No kidding, it is bad. Starting to feel like 2011
tbgascorer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 09:24 AM   #164
kcnatural
Four Point

Hunt In: Mills CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
It probably wont make it west of I35 as usual.
kcnatural is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 09:43 AM   #165
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Knee Deep Salty Water

Man I don't think past central Texas very far but probably to Bandera. They were saying this morning that the Panhandle, which needs it badly, will not be affected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakHorn View Post
How far inland is the rain expected? Will it cover a good chunk of Texas? I’m going to Bandera for the weekend and wanting to know if it’s going to be a rainout or just a chance?

Rack Ranch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 09:52 AM   #166
ccbluewater
Six Point

Hunt In: Freer

Morning Update from Jeff Lindner with HCFCD.

Quote:
Rain chances will be increasing as moisture begins to arrive into the area from the Gulf of Mexico

Heavy rainfall will be possible Saturday-Monday

Tropical feature (91L) continues to fester in the SW Caribbean Sea with little change in organization in the last 24 hours. Surface analysis continues to show this feature as an open trough of low pressure with no defined low level circulation. Given the proximity of this feature to the land areas of central America no development is expected through the next 48 hours. Eventually this feature will move into the Bay of Campeche and southern Gulf of Mexico Friday into Saturday. Strong wind shear of 40-50kts is currently in place across the western and southwestern Gulf of Mexico and while this shear will likely weaken some as tropical storm Bud in the eastern Pacific weakens, there is forecast to remain a good bit of shear across the western Gulf into the weekend. This should prevent any sort of defined organization to the tropical wave axis and the NHC currently gives the potential for development at a low 20% through the next 5 days.

As mentionedÖregardless of developmentÖa large plume of deep tropical moisture with PWS values of 2.0-2.5 inches will be crossing the Gulf of Mexico Friday and arriving along the TX coast Saturday-Monday. This air mass will have origins in the extreme SW Caribbean Sea and also a tap of mid and high level moisture from the remains of Bud in the eastern Pacific. Expect the air mass over SE TX to saturate Saturday with numerous showers and thunderstorms spreading inland in waves from the Gulf of Mexico. There is some decent agreement in the model guidance that the ďstreamĒ of moisture will continue to be aimed at the NW Gulf coast roughly between Matagorda Bay and SW LA into Monday with bands of rainfall developing and spreading across that region. Overall the pattern looks wet starting Saturday and continuing well into next week.

Rainfall Amounts:
Global model guidance is in general agreement favoring the areas between Matagorda Bay and SW LA for the highest rainfall totals over the next 7 days, but exactly where any sort of training bands develop in the that region remains a question. The time period from Sunday into Monday may feature the greatest chance for widespread rainfall over the area, but the confidence is still not high. Widespread rainfall amounts of 2-4 inches appear possible over the region with higher isolated amounts. Those higher isolated amounts will be a result of any sustained training bands that might anchor in the very tropical air mass. This is the type of air mass that will result in intense short duration rainfall totals of 2-3 inches in an hour. One other potential to watch for in the coming days will be the idea for morning storms near the coast or just offshore to ďrobĒ the inland flow of moisture and focus the heaviest rainfall near the coast or just offshore. These sort of very tropical air masses tend to like to focus development in the early morning hours (2-7am) near the coast. This type of pattern could result in the maximum totals close to the coast or offshore

Rainfall totals will need adjusting over the next 24-72 hours as confidence increases where the greatest moisture axis will establish and where the potential for training rainfall will be greatest.

Hydro:
Grounds across much of SE TX are dry to very dry with the lack of recent rainfall. Moderate to severe drought conditions are in place especially across the SW half of the region. Initial rainfall will likely be quickly absorbed by the dry grounds and run-off will be limited, but grounds will gradually saturate and run-off increase as the event prolongs over multiple days. Flash Flood guidance for Harris County is running about 4 inches in 1 hour up to 5.5 inches in 6 hours before significant amounts of run-off would occur. Over the region the 6-hr flash flood guidance ranges between 5.0-6.4 inches. Overall the grounds will be able to handle much of the expected rainfall as long as it does not all fall in a short period of time.

Marine:
Tropical wave axis will move into the coastal waters starting Friday evening with increasing numerous showers and thunderstorms and squalls over the weekend. Winds will increase out of the ESE/SE starting late Friday into the 20-25kt range by Sunday. Seas will build through the day on Saturday into the 5-7 foot range and 7-9 feet on Sunday. Long period swells and ESE fetch will likely result in minor wave and water level run-up on the Gulf beaches by late in the weekend into early next week. Water levels along the coast late this weekend into early next week are currently forecasted to remain below advisory levels, but could be running 1.5-2.5 feet above MLLW by Saturday.
7 Day QPF
ccbluewater is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 09:53 AM   #167
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Ranch View Post
Man I don't think past central Texas very far but probably to Bandera. They were saying this morning that the Panhandle, which needs it badly, will not be affected.
Iíve seeen anywhere from .5Ē to nada for the panhandle. Texas storms donít usually benefit us, unless they hit at the Rio and spin n and west a bit. Pacific storms do us the most good, and there is one of those too. Would be nicely timed after many guys have had to replant. Seems most cotton up here either got hailed out, blown out or died because of no rain at all.
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 10:17 AM   #168
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Knee Deep Salty Water

Combines running 24 a day right now trying to get the grain they can out...Actually starting cutting last week. This rain is going to hit the cotton perfect, just started blooming out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Iíve seeen anywhere from .5Ē to nada for the panhandle. Texas storms donít usually benefit us, unless they hit at the Rio and spin n and west a bit. Pacific storms do us the most good, and there is one of those too. Would be nicely timed after many guys have had to replant. Seems most cotton up here either got hailed out, blown out or died because of no rain at all.
Rack Ranch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 11:29 AM   #169
Grndchecker
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County, TX

Although we need the rain, my family and I are flying back in to Houston on Sunday from Hawaii. From beautiful weather to possible hurricane. Thanks to those that have updated. This is where I get my forecast.
Grndchecker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 11:37 AM   #170
SoTXAg06
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca Co. TX, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Ranch View Post
Combines running 24 a day right now trying to get the grain they can out...Actually starting cutting last week. This rain is going to hit the cotton perfect, just started blooming out.

Unfortunately, itís going to be a little late for the cotton. It will help fill out bolls, but a lot of it has already shed squares. There are some people it would really help, especially what was replanted after the crazy winds. Kind of a catch 22 since guys are now rushing to get grain out.

Still, I would like 2-3 inches of rain. Hell, it can rain more in Portland.

SoTXAg06 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #171
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grndchecker View Post
Although we need the rain, my family and I are flying back in to Houston on Sunday from Hawaii. From beautiful weather to possible hurricane. Thanks to those that have updated. This is where I get my forecast.
See you at iah. We come back from cabo same day. One storm to another
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #172
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
Unfortunately, itís going to be a little late for the cotton. It will help fill out bolls, but a lot of it has already shed squares. There are some people it would really help, especially what was replanted after the crazy winds. Kind of a catch 22 since guys are now rushing to get grain out.

Still, I would like 2-3 inches of rain. Hell, it can rain more in Portland.

I think he was actually talking about panhandle cotton, most of which was just planted before the June 5 deadline or being replanted now
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2018, 07:05 AM   #173
TexasBob
Ten Point

https://spacecityweather.com/tropica...end/#more-7736

Sounding a lot less ominous than a couple days ago. Do the experts here agree?
TexasBob is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2018, 08:52 AM   #174
BURTONboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

I just hope we get some good rain out of it. No strong winds, but 2-3" of good rain over a couple days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
BURTONboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2018, 09:00 AM   #175
dphillips62
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mission Valley, Victoria, and anywhere else I can sling an arrow

Looks like it will be a better chance of rain from Houston to east Texas than in my area of the coast, but I hope they are wrong
dphillips62 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 10:34 AM   #176
Dustinb09
Eight Point

Hunt In: Bracketville, Tx

Any updates on this?
Dustinb09 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 12:14 PM   #177
Duckologist
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinb09 View Post
Any updates on this?
No tropical development, just a slug of rain
Duckologist is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 12:16 PM   #178
Bumpy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
No tropical development, just a slug of rain
A slug of rain can cripple Houston. I do need a good rain to fill my new dug out pond and to fill up my other one. My cows and grass need it.
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 05:13 PM   #179
TexasBob
Ten Point

Where are you experts seeing the heavier rain forecasts setting up?

Old 06-15-2018, 05:55 PM   #180
axisbuck24
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
A slug of rain can cripple Houston. I do need a good rain to fill my new dug out pond and to fill up my other one. My cows and grass need it.
Yes it can!!
axisbuck24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 08:15 PM   #181
ccbluewater
Six Point

No expert here, but from what I've seen it seems like models want to keep a lot of moisture down south & focused on the coast. Still hoping to get a few inches here in Cypress though! It looks like rain chances are pretty good into mid next week.

The wave behind old 91L looks pretty vigorous today, and better than 91L ever did. Low level vorticity looks pretty good. Still don't get the vibe that it has a great chance of developing much though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2018, 09:06 PM   #182
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

On the news this evening on KPRC ol' Frankie showed the bulk of the system going in between Corpus and Brownsville... That'd be perfect for our new property in Webb County... hopefully the rain makes it that far inland! We need a tank filler.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2018, 09:01 AM   #183
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mainly Guide Now

As of 9:00 am it is still headed to Houston.

Tropics are tricky. Old Invest 91 is still hanging around Mexico this AM and firing off some decent convection. Sunny vacation plans for some in Cancun have been in jeopardy. NHC still at a 10% chance as it is expected to head NW... with rains starting tomorrow and lasting through early week. Upper shear ahead is relaxing some so this could throw a small wrench in things. Lower shear is still strong from the SE with no clear circulation showing. Upper level low to the east spinning helping some (link below). Maybe still just a rainmaker but these weak systems with slow movements should be watched as you just never know in the tropics.
Johnny Dangerr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #184
Jacobh05
Four Point

Hunt In: NE Texas

Wish I would have seen this sooner. Me and the Wife are headed to Galveston for our Anniversary tomorrow-Wednesday I donít mind rain we can still relax and eat, but I donít want to be in a hurricane.

Jacobh05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM   #185
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Firing up this morning 100 miles off Galveston, and what is forming over the Yucatan Peninsula? Another one. Now Mikes Weather page is talking about a next Thursday weather event for our coast.....

http://images.intellicast.com/WxImag..._None_anim.gif
Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM   #186
ByronB
Ten Point

The 50% chance of rain on Houston went nowhere. This morning the 100% was supposed to start at 4am....then went to 80%.....so far nothing. Not a drop. Now the forecast has moved the rain to noon. I think the Wife and I will take a walk just in case it actually starts to rain. Sure could use it on my yard.
ByronB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 09:38 AM   #187
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobh05 View Post
Wish I would have seen this sooner. Me and the Wife are headed to Galveston for our Anniversary tomorrow-Wednesday I donít mind rain we can still relax and eat, but I donít want to be in a hurricane.

I am heading down there I a few hours and staying for the week. This won't be a hurricane but tonight and into Tuesday looks pretty messy with heavy rain and squally weather. Rain will linger for most of the week. I'm just hoping them trout will come int the lights at night with the Bay fixing to get rough.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM   #188
Wampuscat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lake Livingston

It’s rough here in Liverpool. 90 degrees and a slight breeze out by the pool. Wish we had a little rain though.
Wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM   #189
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point

I guess the rain is coming...radar looks pretty non-eventful right now. Hardly showing any rain right now. I hope we get some, it’s dry
texasdeerhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM   #190
TexasBob
Ten Point

Local Mets really downplaying things. Guess it all depends where bands set up. That blob about 150 mi off Galveston looks to pack a punch

Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM   #191
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Raining in S. Houston last 45 minutes or so.............
Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM   #192
BURTONboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

What I watched this morning made it look pretty uneventful until Monday afternoon. Keeps moving further back which makes me question how much we'll actually get. Interested in whats setting up behind this system. Hope it comes through as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
BURTONboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM   #193
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
Raining in S. Houston last 45 minutes or so.............
Just got here Johnny! Light drizzle but looks like more is coming. At least my sprinkler system can take a small break.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM   #194
Meatcutter
Eight Point

Hunt In: Yorktown/Groesbeck

send to DeWitt county, need rain bad!!
Meatcutter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM   #195
ccbluewater
Six Point

Starting to get a little concerned with the trend in the euro rainfall projections. Has been showing some big totals, but keeps shifting up the coast. Absolutely hammers coastal bend area, and some pretty high totals up through SETX. Not sounding any alarms, but something to keep an eye on for sure. Through Thursday AM below..

Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM   #196
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McMullen / Refugio

Meteorologists are getting to be about as bad as paparazi reporting trash.

kyle1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM   #197
Montec man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hare/Granger, Tx P.S. Theres no deer in Hare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbluewater View Post
Starting to get a little concerned with the trend in the euro rainfall projections. Has been showing some big totals, but keeps shifting up the coast. Absolutely hammers coastal bend area, and some pretty high totals up through SETX. Not sounding any alarms, but something to keep an eye on for sure. Through Thursday AM below..

Main area I have my eye on right now is the area of disturbed weather over the Yucatan seems to be feeding on the remnant moisture from whats left of Carlotta streaming across Central America. If this thing emerges over the BOC and shear relaxes it could develop into a formidable weather maker for us.
Montec man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM   #198
Montec man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hare/Granger, Tx P.S. Theres no deer in Hare

Sat view
Attached Images

Montec man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM   #199
.243 WSSM
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fannin Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
I think he was actually talking about panhandle cotton, most of which was just planted before the June 5 deadline or being replanted now
Too late for replant cotton now. Milo is the rule this late
.243 WSSM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM   #200
Breezy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Refugio, San Patricio counties and viva mexico !

What our cc local guy just posted.

Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top