Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montgomery County Archery - 2007

Dear Archers

First of all I’d like to say thanks to everyone who helped to make 2006 the successful year it turned out to be. We averaged around 50 shooters per shoot, implemented a Shooter of the Year program, hosted a “Night Shoot” in conjunction with Hawglite, and hosted the “Kicking Bear” archery camp for kids.

In addition to our standard class shoots we also held two Novelty shoots that took place throughout the day. These Novelty shoots consist of the “Long Shot” and the “Survivor Shoot”. In the “Long Shot” a shooter pays $1.00 per shot at a long range (unknown distance) target and when it’s over the shooter hitting closest to the dots wins ½ the pot. Our payout per shoot averaged around $100.00. In the “Survivor Shoot” a shooter pays a $10 entry fee and takes one single arrow to a very challenging course. If the shooter loses or damages his arrow he is “out” and the shooter with the most points at the end of 10 targets gets ½ the pot. The pot averaged around $80 per shoot.

For our end of the year shoot we awarded $20.00 gift cards to the top shooters in the Mini-Cub, Cub and Youth classes. In the Long Shot and Survivor Shoot the winners were awarded a Scent Elimination hunting suit from Gander Mountain, in addition to the normal monetary prize.

Finally, in our Shooter of the Year program shooters in every class got points based on how they placed in each shoot. At the final shoot of the year the top point holder in each class went into a head to head shoot off for Shooter of the Year. The shoot-off this year came down to a two man shoot-off between Zack Bonner (Novice) and Ben Willis (Hunter), Zack came out on top in the shoot-off and won a $600.00 Academy Gift card which was intended for the purchase of a lifetime hunting license but could be spent as he choose.

This will be MCAC’s third year. Over the past two years this club has grown because a handful of people have worked extremely hard. This club has a lot of potential but it can’t survive with the same few people doing all the work. WE NEED HELP!!

Our next meeting will be Saturday Feb. 17 @ 2 p.m.

If you can’t make the meeting and would like to help please E-mail me @ montgomerycountyarcheryclub@yahoo.com

I’m looking forward to seeing each of you as well as looking forward to another successful year.

Kathie Boswell
    Secretary

Where is the meeting being held?

Comment

We will meet at the range.
      Last edited by bboswell; 02-11-2007, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Zach Bonner - Pres
        Danial Billings - Range Master
        Tim Glass - Catering Coordinator & (head of publicity)
        Bryan Chandler - Sec
        Brent Boswell - Treasurer

We have a range work day set for this Sat from 9am till?

Comment

2007 Shoot Schedule
          9:30 - 11:30 California Start

March 17
          April 28
          May 26
          June 23
          July 28
          Aug 25

The board met last night and had a great meeting. We finalized a lot of exciting things to occur this summer. We will have a Class Champion for eligible classes and will give out a year's worth of bragging rights with the Shooter of the Year award!!!!

In addition to our club shoots we will again have novelty shoots. We will have the Long Shot, Survivor Course, Team Shoots and many more!!!!

Come join the fun!!! Our main goal this year to increase membership!!! There is not one archery club in the Houston area that gives out the prizes we do. This year will be no different!

Comment

Each time a member attends a monthly shoot a ticket with their name will go into a drawing. Following the final shoot in August one lucky member will walk away with
            A BRAND NEW EVOTEK BOW courtesy of Evotek

How can you not show up?? This is just the tip of the iceberg of things to come.

Comment

Tell me more about memberships. I am interested in making some of the shoots mentioned above.

Comment

Travis...very simplel

I believe our Single Membership is 20 bucks and it will cost 5-10 bucks to shoot each month. It is a great shoot and good people. Bring the whole family. This is for fun and good practice to hone your bowhunting skills.

When you join, you also are eligible for the EVOTEK give-a-way in August. You get a ticket in the hopper for EACH shoot you attend. The more you come out, the more times your name goes in the hat.

Also, as a member you are qualified in the Championship Series. We award points on how people place. These points carry over to the next shoot. After the final shoot, whoever has the highest total of points in each class is the Class Champion..THIS EQUALS PAYDAY!!!!

Come and Join the fun!!!

Thanks for your interest in MCAC
                Zachary Bonner
                MCAC President
                936-697-0272

Comment

Welcome to the Green Screen Zach! You will come to like it here and wonder why you ever went to AT!!

Thanks for your help with MCAC this year, man it is shaping up to be exiting!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info, I have it down on my calendar and unless something with work comes up I plan on making your next shoot.

Comment

Revised And Final Schedule

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

ATTACHED IS THE REVISED AND FINAL SHOOTING SCHEDULE

SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION AND DELAY

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THIS SUMMER AND GOOD LUCK!!!

Zach Bonner
                      MCAC President

Comment

Does Rinehart sell replacement Apples?

As you can see from the pic we had a very successful work day this past Sat.

There were other exciting moments and a lot of work done..........this just all that happened close enough to my truck for me to grab the camera!

I am looking very forward to exciting things this year!

Comment

when is the next "work day"???

Comment

????????????????????

There has been talk of a get together this weekend to re-paint stakes, erect bow holders etc but I have not gotten a final on it. It is all dependent on the guys making the additional stakes and target holders as to when we will get together to paint them.

Comment

this Is The Last Weekend To Get Your Bows In Tune And Arrows Flying Straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mcac Kicks Off Its Season Next Weekend 3/17

Comment

Working...
                              X