Video Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Quality

I am unhappy with the overall quality/graininess of my videos when I post them. I use Windows movie maker to edit them, and I save them full size. I am currently uploading them to Google to store and post them. However even uploading them in full size I lose the clarity and the video looks best when viewing at a small size. They look great when just viewed on my PC but after I upload them they lose the quality. What am I doing wrong? Is there a trick I don't know about?

Thanks in advance.

You need to save them as an AVI, but that will make the file huge..........

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. You are correct. It took on of my 40MB videos and made it nearly 800MB in AVI.

Is that the only way to preserve the quality of the video?

Thanks

Comment

It is the only way I have figured out......I hope someone else will chime in and tell me something different........

Comment

How do you save it as avi

Comment

I save mine as a WMV (windows media video file) but I change my custom settings when I save them. Frame size is 720x480 with frame rate [fps] 30, Maximum bitrate [kbps] should be between 1000 and 1500 (your choice, 1500 saves as a little bit bigger file) turns my 4 minute videos into 39mb. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X