Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-10-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx
Default Emotional support animals.

Anyone ever get bit by one?
Ya know, a properly trained dog for the blind or the ones for soldiers with PTSD are very beneficial.
I’m talking about the ones that the owners buy a vest for Fido from amazon and automatically call them a service dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boh347 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
txhunter90
Eight Point

One of our employee's has an English bulldog as a "support" dog. Worst acting dog in the world, brings it everyday. It bit a fellow employee, he had to take a leave of absence as part of punishment. Ended up building him a completely different office so the dog is not around people.

Also, a buddy registered his duck hunting dog as one so he can take them into hotels for duck hunts. Sorrrrryyyyy
txhunter90 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 11:28 AM   #3
boh347
Pope & Young

I ran into a mini Aussie at a store here in Angelo. Dog looked like he was fixing to light me up.... and barking. Owner said don’t look at his dog that what makes him riled up.

Buddy got bit by a Rottweiler in tractor supply. Left a big hole in his pants lmao.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:28 AM   #4
Stoof
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Will work for hunts.

It is getting out of hand. I was hanging down on the river at Texas State with my kids and this old hippy had his dog down there, off leash, in a no dog area. Campus staff asked him to leave so he threw the vest on the dog and claimed emotional support. It was total BS but the Staff couldn't do a thing about it. As soon as they left the leash came off and the little butt sniffer started roaming again.
Stoof is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
Pullersboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Erath & Hamilton Counties.

What does it take for a dog to become a "support dog" or a "service dog" officially? Surely it cant be as simple as filling out a form and sending it to someone. I hope not. Legitimate service dogs perform a valuable task for those in need. Folks that take advantage of that are just wrong.
Pullersboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 11:41 AM   #6
FVR JR
Four Point

Hunt In: San Saba County, Colorado County

It can be as simple as going online and finding some quack to diagnose you as "depressed." Get a certificate and boom "service animal." Real service dogs go through lots of training to perform their duties. Some snowflake's disobedient mutt should not be given equal treatment.

Last edited by FVR JR; 08-10-2018 at 11:45 AM.
FVR JR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 11:43 AM   #7
boh347
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullersboy View Post
What does it take for a dog to become a "support dog" or a "service dog" officially? Surely it cant be as simple as filling out a form and sending it to someone. I hope not. Legitimate service dogs perform a valuable task for those in need. Folks that take advantage of that are just wrong.

Simple as buying the stuff on amazon.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:44 AM   #8
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

My uncle was blinded at age eight. I remember his "seeing eye dog" well. It was a German Shepard imported from.....Germany. He was a vicious bastage. As a little kid I was afraid of him. Uncle Jack used to slip the handle of his harness under the leg of his bed. I remember going in the back door to see my Granny and that dog lunging and moving the bed (with Uncle Jack on it) six inches at a lunge. He was NOT well behaved when in protection mode !
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 11:45 AM   #9
Jtrage
Eight Point

Hunt In: Cherokee County

You might be on to something. I would have never thought that I could benefit from an emotional support animal...... But if I had one that would bite whoever made me mad or made me cry, it would help my emotions.
Jtrage is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #10
boh347
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrage View Post
You might be on to something. I would have never thought that I could benefit from an emotional support animal...... But if I had one that would bite whoever made me mad or made me cry, it would help my emotions.
Ha that’s funny haven’t thought about it like that!
Old 08-10-2018, 11:50 AM   #11
HDWRENCH
Eight Point

another reason many do it is that a apartment complex cannot tell you no dogs and no fee for said " support dog" My GF daughter had one I laughed my arse off .. The dog was the worst tore up the couch wall trim ****** on everything .
HDWRENCH is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 12:08 PM   #12
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

A dog that bites me for no reason is gonna need some support of its own
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 12:16 PM   #13
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

what if its the dog thats depressed and needs constant companionship... would you have to wear the vest?
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 12:21 PM   #14
twobittxn
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brown Co. and public land

People can claim what ever they want, emotional support animals are NOT covered by ADA rules.
twobittxn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #15
txhunter90
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullersboy View Post
My buddy, sent a copy of his dogs AKC papers and paid $10. They sent him a card with the picture of the dog staring what he was. Apparently it is official as it gets, nobody has ever questioned him. I assume in fear of getting sued. Well trained duck dog, just freaks out if he sees other dogs lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
txhunter90 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 12:26 PM   #16
Huntsman27
Four Point

Hunt In: Brownwood, TX

This has come up several times where I work. There is a distinction between service animal and emotional support animal and the Americans with Disabilities Act does not recognize emotional support dogs. Below are some highlights from an FAQ section on the governments website along with a link

https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.html

• Only Dogs are recognized by the ADA as service animals – Any breed.
• A service animal is a dog that is trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability.
• You must allow service animals access to all areas of the store that the general public is allowed.
• A dog whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support does not qualify as a service animal under the ADA.
• Under the ADA a service animal must be leashed, harnessed or tethered unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices.
• When it is not obvious what service the animal performs only limited inquireies are allowed. 1) Is the dog a service animal required becasuse of a disability and 2) What work or task has the dog been trained to do.
• Allergies or fear of dogs are not valid reasons for denying access.
• A person with a service dog cannot be asked to remove their dog unless 1) the dog is out of control and the handler does not take effective action to control it or 2) The dog is not house broken.
• When there is a legitimate reason to ask the that a service animal be removed staff must offer the person with a disability the opportunity to obtain service without the animals presence.
Huntsman27 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 12:43 PM   #17
67olds442
Six Point

Hunt In: Sweetwater

We are covered up with "emotional support dogs" down here in Austin.
67olds442 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 12:47 PM   #18
systemnt
Pope & Young

closest they've come to authenticity is when they mentioned the Galt ranch.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:01 PM   #19
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young

As huntsman said

A service dog that assists the physically disabled (blind, epilipsy, paralysis) is different from and ESA (emotional support dog). A true service dog is highly trained and socialized and will be certified. These dogs are protected under the ADA (American with Disabilities Act).

ESA's have no certification, no training, and no protection under the ADA.

I've seen a lot of service dogs that behave better than most humans. Most ESA dogs I've seen aren't worth a pot to .. you know ... in.
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 01:03 PM   #20
HDWRENCH
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Britches View Post
As huntsman said

A service dog that assists the physically disabled (blind, epilipsy, paralysis) is different from and ESA (emotional support dog). A true service dog is highly trained and socialized and will be certified. These dogs are protected under the ADA (American with Disabilities Act).

ESA's have no certification, no training, and no protection under the ADA.

I've seen a lot of service dogs that behave better than most humans. Most ESA dogs I've seen aren't worth a pot to .. you know ... in.

Bwhaha thats funny I agree 100% nothing short of a scam seen one on a airplane sitting in a ladies lap .
HDWRENCH is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 01:12 PM   #21
BBReezen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Motley, Cottle, Tyler, Jasper counties

I’m not against support dogs, in fact I highly support them if you seriously need it (ie veterans) but what really gets my blood hot these days is every snowflake and their brother taking their dang dogs everywhere with them. I was at sams one day and some lady had her little fluffy poochy in the basket with her in the Grocery section!! Her and another lady were picking the dog up and passing it back and forth playing with it and talking about it. I almost walked over and slapped thenhell out of both of them and told the to get that **** dog out of the area that’s and everyone else picks out our food. All these stores these days that are “pet friendly” when there’s really no reason anyone would need to take their dog to sofa mart and Best Buy.

And yes I agree with stated above, if someone’s “support” dog bit me in public the dog AND the owner would need way more support than that dog can handle. Ain’t no room in this world for a biting dog.
BBReezen is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 02:28 PM   #22
twobittxn
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brown Co. and public land

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBReezen View Post
. I was at sams one day and some lady had her little fluffy poochy in the basket with her in the Grocery section!! Her and another lady were picking the dog up and passing it back and forth playing with it and talking about it. I almost walked over and slapped thenhell out of both of them and told the to get that **** dog out of the area that’s and everyone else picks out our food. All these stores these days that are “pet friendly” .
This is actually a Texas food code violation. The problem is store management doesn't know the law and is too scared to say something to the customer.

We deal with this on a fairly regular basis.
twobittxn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 03:19 PM   #23
SwineAssassiN
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bastrop co. Brazoria co.

My girlfriends cat is a registered emotional support animal. Her doctor wrote out a prescription for it. Otherwise our apartment complex was going to charge almost $600 for a pet fee. She’s pregnant and extremely emotional so I felt that she really did need the cat. Lol from what I understand you can’t just buy a tag or card you have to get an actual prescription.
SwineAssassiN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 03:41 PM   #24
munchie
Four Point

Huntsman27 is correct in the distinction between the two. The state of Texas has adopted the ADA rules for a service dog and does not legally recognize support animals.
munchie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 03:45 PM   #25
Buck Slayer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Refugio, Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobittxn View Post
This is actually a Texas food code violation. The problem is store management doesn't know the law and is too scared to say something to the customer.

We deal with this on a fairly regular basis.
Problem is, said manager tells lady she needs to leave. Lady throws a fit, other people have to get involved, lady finally leaves. Said lady then takes to social media blasting about how she was treated unfairly (blah, blah, blah). It spirals out of control, store ends up with a bad rap, manager ends up fired.
Buck Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 06:14 PM   #26
wow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado, Lavaca, and any where im invited

No comment.
wow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 06:36 PM   #27
MASTERS
Ten Point

Hunt In: In the brush....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
A dog that bites me for no reason is gonna need some support of its own
I thought the same thing. What if I'm licensed to conceal carry, I'm in a place of business that supports licensed concealed carry with my small child and a random emotional support dog with new threads from amazon attempts to harm me or my child's well being and I act in a manner to protect our well being. Will the owner of the dog be responsible for its funeral cost or will I be?
MASTERS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 09:05 PM   #28
ezypikns
Eight Point

Hunt In: Way down yonder in the Indian Nation.
Default You don't tolerate misbehavior in your kids.......

Why in Hell would you tolerate misbehavior in your dog?
ezypikns is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 09:13 PM   #29
Junkers88
Ten Point

Hunt In: searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67olds442 View Post
We are covered up with "emotional support dogs" down here in Austin.
Oh don't get me freaking started......
Junkers88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 09:15 PM   #30
Acameron52
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman

Yeah, you cc an turn any little stupid mutt into a “service dog” these days. It’s crazy. I love my pups but they get left at home when I leave, it ain’t that hard.
Acameron52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 10:16 PM   #31
cattlelackranch
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas and Panhandle

cattlelackranch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 10:21 PM   #32
SoTXAg06
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca Co. TX, Arkansas
Default Emotional support animals.

I have a ESB, emotional support boot. It helps rectify my disagreements with dumba****.

SoTXAg06 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 10:25 PM   #33
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a high fence, southwest of DFW, Colorado

I know a guy that looks just fine on the outside....he’s 30 something, has a job, is in good shape and his Great Dane goes with him everywhere.

The dog detects dvt’s to keep him from throwing a clot and dying.

You sure wouldn’t know if you just looked at him

The dog is still a dog. He sniffs butts, barks and protects his owner.

I try to remember to mind my own business...
Atfulldraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 10:30 PM   #34
Bowhuntamistad
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
Lol from what I understand you can’t just buy a tag or card you have to get an actual prescription.
The problem is most people don't know the law, so when they encounter a pet owner that starts spouting off legal jargon about the ADA most don't question it. Watch the rule benders and confrontation baiters on YouTube that record themselves looking for confrontation about their ESA. Can't blame a manger for not wanting to start something and end up jobless.
Bowhuntamistad is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 10:36 PM   #35
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezypikns View Post
Why in Hell would you tolerate misbehavior in your dog?
Just think when they have kids....

Heck my dog acts better than my kids, cuz that mutt knows inside of 400 yards I will LIGHT her butt up with the collar. My kids know I have to be within 16 inches, or the length of a 32” belt folded for spanking mode!
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 02:33 AM   #36
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

ESA
99% pure BS. We Americans have it so good we have to create problems to treat.
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 05:45 AM   #37
boh347
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atfulldraw View Post
I know a guy that looks just fine on the outside....he’s 30 something, has a job, is in good shape and his Great Dane goes with him everywhere.

Like I said legit ones are beneficial. But it’s hard to mind your own business when one attaches to your leg. Like the Rottweiler who bit my buddy in tractor supply.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:09 AM   #38
Double-O-Dave
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Slayer View Post
Problem is, said manager tells lady she needs to leave. Lady throws a fit, other people have to get involved, lady finally leaves. Said lady then takes to social media blasting about how she was treated unfairly (blah, blah, blah). It spirals out of control, store ends up with a bad rap, manager ends up fired.
My wife and I encountered a similar situation in a local restaurant here in Austin. We were seated next to a trio of people - a male and female (hipster types) and an older lady. They had a small dog in a handbag on the seat next to them. To the dog's credit, it was quiet and well-behaved. It just sat in the bag and quietly ate the bits of food the older woman fed it.

When I asked for the manager to ask about a dog in a restaurant, she got very nervous and said that it was completely legal. I started to try and explain about ESAs, ADA, etc., and she said that she was aware of this as other customers had complained about the dog, got angry, and left without eating. I could tell this young manager was really getting (more) nervous about this situation, and the wife was telling me to be quiet. So, I shut up about it and ate my dinner without saying another word about it. It's incredible to me that the manager knew she was losing business by people who had concerns about the dog in her restaurant, but would rather lose their business than the business from the ESA trio. I guess that it's part of "Keeping Austin Weird", but I long for the days when it was still pretty normal.

Regards,

Dave
Double-O-Dave is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 08:18 AM   #39
stickbowcoop
Ten Point

Hunt In: OH, PA, looking for a place in TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Slayer View Post
Yeah that is a big problem these days. People use social media to bully people and businesses, then they complain later about cyber bullying.
stickbowcoop is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 08:19 AM   #40
HoustonHunter94
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
My wife and I encountered a similar situation in a local restaurant here in Austin. We were seated next to a trio of people - a male and female (hipster types) and an older lady. They had a small dog in a handbag on the seat next to them. To the dog's credit, it was quiet and well-behaved. It just sat in the bag and quietly ate the bits of food the older woman fed it.

When I asked for the manager to ask about a dog in a restaurant, she got very nervous and said that it was completely legal. I started to try and explain about ESAs, ADA, etc., and she said that she was aware of this as other customers had complained about the dog, got angry, and left without eating. I could tell this young manager was really getting (more) nervous about this situation, and the wife was telling me to be quiet. So, I shut up about it and ate my dinner without saying another word about it. It's incredible to me that the manager knew she was losing business by people who had concerns about the dog in her restaurant, but would rather lose their business than the business from the ESA trio. I guess that it's part of "Keeping Austin Weird", but I long for the days when it was still pretty normal.

Regards,

Dave

Let me preface this by saying I am a dog owner and we’re currently in Port A at a pet friendly condo with said dogs. I would never take a dog into a restaurant although my wife probably would like to. That being said, if the dog was sitting quietly and not bothering anyone, why get the manager involved? Honest question and not trying to stir anything up. Is it a cleanliness or sanitary issue? Against that restaurant’s rules? Just curious.

HoustonHunter94 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 09:03 AM   #41
11B
Four Point

Hunt In: Lamar County and anywhere else I can

Let me preface this by saying if you have LEGIT problems than get you some kind of help. Whether that help is a dog, counseling or weed, I personally dont give a crap as long as you get the help you need. I could probably benefit from having a service support animal myself haha. With the world we live in nowadays nothing surprises me. Im sure there are people out there with "service support animals" that "help" the individual because they have PTS from getting yelled at. I mean...people are choosing to become amputees because they think they have too much privilege having all of there extremities. You can kiss my Irish @ss im keeping my arms and legs haha
11B is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 09:26 AM   #42
Double-O-Dave
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
Let me preface this by saying I am a dog owner and we’re currently in Port A at a pet friendly condo with said dogs. I would never take a dog into a restaurant although my wife probably would like to. That being said, if the dog was sitting quietly and not bothering anyone, why get the manager involved? Honest question and not trying to stir anything up. Is it a cleanliness or sanitary issue? Against that restaurant’s rules? Just curious.

Good question, and thank you for your very courteous way of asking it.

My wife and I are also animal lovers and share our home with both dogs and a cat. We're also nurses, though I'm retired from the field, so health and sanitation are second nature to us. Of that small group, the dog was the best behaved. Quite honestly, the young hipster couple got on both of our nerves pretty early. They were talking loudly, and were feeding each other with bites of food, and then leaning over and kissing each other on the mouths - you know, typical ways that people are supposed to behave in a restaurant. The older lady was talking while all this was going on, and also feeding the little dog.

Frankly, I was hoping the manager would either reseat us - which I don't think was a possibility as they were very busy, or tell the people with the dog to leave. No excuses, but maybe I was having a bad day. No, that's not true. It was because: 1) the dog's owners irritated me, which drew my attention to their 2) having a dog at a table in a restaurant (sanitation issue), and sauce for the goose was learning the dog was a "service animal", and the owners were gaming the system.

My wife and I are experienced with people who have true service dogs, and the dogs are trained to behave in public restaurants by laying quietly at their owner's feet. Additionally, my wife is originally from Germany where dogs are allowed in restaurants. The dogs are trained to sit under the chair or table occupied by their owner, and I've never seen or heard of any untoward incidents. A bit different though in that in Germany it allowed under their health codes.

I hope this answers your question and satiates your curiosity. No offense taken here, and I hope you are not offended by my explanation.

Thank you and best regards,

Dave
Double-O-Dave is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 09:29 AM   #43
adam_p
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson, Cooke, Denton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atfulldraw View Post

I'd be interested to know how a dog detects DVT's?
adam_p is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #44
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
Answer is... they cant.
http://servicedogcentral.org/forum/i...?topic=33099.0
Old 08-11-2018, 10:15 AM   #45
Bullydog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grayson / Throckmorton

My wife had a brain tumor, and suffers from massive seizures. Its actually amazing how a certain number of our dogs, particularly two of our French Bulldogs, and one of her English Bulldogs seem to sense and detect when she is having pre-seizure symptoms. Not one is trained to do so.

Its been a stress reliever for me and my boys, as we have learned to watch how the dogs react to her at times. She has now noticed it the last few times as well.

Ill hold off on comments about people who abuse the 'therapy dog' stuff.
Bullydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 10:15 AM   #46
boh347
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
By smell I believe.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:22 AM   #47
Gbird
Ten Point

Hunt In: Robertson & Polk Counties

Do y’all remember the lady who tried to fly with her emotional support duck? It didn’t fly over too well with the airline.

Gbird is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #48
Cantcatch5
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
what if its the dog thats depressed and needs constant companionship... would you have to wear the vest?
We have the most needy dog (Golden Retriever) I have ever seen! When we are home she wants to lay touching someone’s foot if possible! I have often wondered if we are her “emotional support people”
Cantcatch5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 10:45 AM   #49
adam_p
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson, Cooke, Denton

Quote:
Originally Posted by boh347 View Post
By smell I believe.
I'm skeptical. My minor knowledge of dvt's (I've been screened for them and my dad has had them) tells me that isn't likely.

I've looked all over online trying to find out how they could do it and the only thing I have found are the forum post linked above.
adam_p is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 10:50 AM   #50
HoustonHunter94
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
Good question, and thank you for your very courteous way of asking it.

My wife and I are also animal lovers and share our home with both dogs and a cat. We're also nurses, though I'm retired from the field, so health and sanitation are second nature to us. Of that small group, the dog was the best behaved. Quite honestly, the young hipster couple got on both of our nerves pretty early. They were talking loudly, and were feeding each other with bites of food, and then leaning over and kissing each other on the mouths - you know, typical ways that people are supposed to behave in a restaurant. The older lady was talking while all this was going on, and also feeding the little dog.

Frankly, I was hoping the manager would either reseat us - which I don't think was a possibility as they were very busy, or tell the people with the dog to leave. No excuses, but maybe I was having a bad day. No, that's not true. It was because: 1) the dog's owners irritated me, which drew my attention to their 2) having a dog at a table in a restaurant (sanitation issue), and sauce for the goose was learning the dog was a "service animal", and the owners were gaming the system.

My wife and I are experienced with people who have true service dogs, and the dogs are trained to behave in public restaurants by laying quietly at their owner's feet. Additionally, my wife is originally from Germany where dogs are allowed in restaurants. The dogs are trained to sit under the chair or table occupied by their owner, and I've never seen or heard of any untoward incidents. A bit different though in that in Germany it allowed under their health codes.

I hope this answers your question and satiates your curiosity. No offense taken here, and I hope you are not offended by my explanation.

Thank you and best regards,

Dave

Makes perfect sense to me.

HoustonHunter94 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top