Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities

Old 08-09-2018, 04:54 PM   #51
Hi-Lonesome
Four Point

Hunt In: TX Panhandle

I hunt alone with the exception of my wife or children. Most guys I know "hunt" to drink beer, blaring music and hang around a fire until a drunken stupper in their camo. 5 AM rolls around and they are hungover and wont get up. They may put in an evening hunt only to hurry back to camp to drink some more. They want a trophy but don't want to put in the work. There is also the added strings of who sets the agenda and so forth. I go alone and am much happier that way. I set my own schedule and do what I think is right. Also don't want to be waiting around for someone who is always late. I lease my land exclusively now and wouldn't have it any other way. I'm done with the deer camp social clubs.
Hi-Lonesome is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2018, 08:22 PM   #52
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point

Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Lonesome View Post
I hunt alone with the exception of my wife or children. Most guys I know "hunt" to drink beer, blaring music and hang around a fire until a drunken stupper in their camo. 5 AM rolls around and they are hungover and wont get up. They may put in an evening hunt only to hurry back to camp to drink some more. They want a trophy but don't want to put in the work. There is also the added strings of who sets the agenda and so forth. I go alone and am much happier that way. I set my own schedule and do what I think is right. Also don't want to be waiting around for someone who is always late. I lease my land exclusively now and wouldn't have it any other way. I'm done with the deer camp social clubs.
And im done helping Dapper Di** Heads. looks ike ill be helping the Doeminator kill his first buck this season and haoppy to help him hes someone that puts in a real effort amd doesnt moooch of my efforts.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2018, 08:39 PM   #53
TP3
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hays, Val Verde co

I smelled a rat the first time I read that last year.
TP3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2018, 08:58 PM   #54
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP3 View Post
I smelled a rat the first time I read that last year.
Yes sir. Live and learn on this end. Ill be way more selective about people that reach out to me for info or help.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:28 PM   #55
11B
Four Point

Hunt In: Lamar County and anywhere else I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
I totally understand and that is Exactly what i did. This guy took it upon himself to access a stamd he wasnt shown but knew the location of via sharing a pin on google maps. My other friends had the same info . I always let friends know where im at for safety reasons. Some people are just users though.

Definitely users out there and Im sorry you got burned by one. It makes it a lot harder to trust people. Their is definitely some good people out there, I just feel like they keep more to themselves nowadays because theyve been burned too many times. I hope you dont get burned again and I hope you have great luck this year
11B is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2018, 09:35 PM   #56
cfortner
Ten Point

Hunt In: Voss

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanep View Post
You tell one guy about a spot, he tells another, and it grows from there. It's bad with deer but much worse with duck.

I keep telling people about my spot but I haven't seen anyone there yet, hoping to meet some TBH'ers there one day. Best crappie and duck hole I have found and always see good deer on the walk in. 36.644943, 100.081284 are the coordinates
Never speak of The Q by name!
cfortner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 12:17 AM   #57
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11B View Post
Definitely users out there and Im sorry you got burned by one. It makes it a lot harder to trust people. Their is definitely some good people out there, I just feel like they keep more to themselves nowadays because theyve been burned too many times. I hope you dont get burned again and I hope you have great luck this year
I will continue to help others i always have. It's our obligation to pass it on i believe. I will just adjust the friendships i have had as ive already done.

Old 08-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #58
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch View Post
Wasn't there a decently long/dramatic thread about this buck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes there was and it was a bunch of BS lies. Glad i could be mooched off of though. Beware of Dappers is all i will say