Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 08-05-2018, 02:52 PM   #101
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
You really donít know the difference here?

Acting stupidly is not calling anyone stupid. Heís saying they made a mistake. Comprehension matters !

I don't recall saying it was the same.

My point rather was that Barry waded into a LEO incident, without all of the facts. And said one side acted stupidly. He said a lot more about the police actually. Choosing one side over the other, can be seen being divisive. He went further and brought race into it, that can be seen as being prejudice. That's probably why he walked the comments back, but again injected race, before having the beer summit.

We sat on other sides of the table before Trump was in office. A lot of people did. Barry set out the table. In the rose garden. You, him and Lebron are just upset y'all are at the wrong end of the table y'all set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #102
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinal View Post
Lebron is extremely intelligent. You canít watch him play, speak or coach without seeing that he has a high IQ.
Oh yes you can....
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-05-2018, 04:44 PM   #103
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinal View Post
Underestimating the mental acuity of an adversary, political or otherwise is never a good idea.

Heíll make more money by giving this money away and bashing trump, than by keeping it and staying silent.

Thatís pretty common sensical me.
And your middle sentence here is the sad truth..
Old 08-05-2018, 05:09 PM   #104
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

as long as he wants to spend his money on it; more power to him!
if he gets a tax break; that's cool also.
nothing wrong with this idea, no matter who came up with it.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-05-2018, 05:22 PM   #105
HighwayHunter
Eight Point

Iím not a Lebron (or basketball) fan but if he holds to his promises and keeps this school running then heís a good man. Tax write off or not this is a good thing. Kids look up to him.

HighwayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-05-2018, 11:50 PM   #106
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

ouch...

Name:  5b66f579b0f80.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  70.5 KB
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 05:38 AM   #107
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
That is Rich
What this world needs is a few million more Candace Owens
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 06:18 AM   #108
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

If Hillary Clinton says we need more people like him in the world, you can rest assured we do not need more people like him in the world.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 08:43 AM   #109
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
The leftist news media doesn't want to touch her on air live. The couple that have ...failed miserably.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 09:40 AM   #110
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
I don't recall saying it was the same.
Quote:
CNN) -- President Obama said that police in Cambridge, Massachusetts, "acted stupidly" in arresting a prominent black Harvard professor last week after a confrontation at the man's home.

BHO called some police officers stupid for doing their job.

Was he divisive, polarizing?
Seems as if you did ...

Trump throws out insults and that's America, and we don't take no ish from nobody. Shows power -

Lebron James throws out insults and he's being divisive ...
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 09:55 AM   #111
wdtorque
Eight Point

At least they are doing something, but is it the best way?
Current system isn't working well, but I think it's more of a parenting issue..
How did Oprah's school in South Africa work out?
Maybe she could give him some help.
wdtorque is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 10:48 AM   #112
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Besides me eventually dying there is only one other thing in life that I am 100% certain of and that one other thing is that you will never see this on CNN or MSNBC..
Why?? Because its true.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:30 AM   #113
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
Trump throws out insults and that's America, and we don't take no ish from nobody. Shows power -
My point, was more along the lines that Barry lied to us, but was a good word smith.

Trump, bluntly and rather uneloquently tells us the truth. I prefer the truth tough, even if it may sting a little.

I am really not against Lebron. My biggest knock against him is his flopping on the court. His dad had a extensive criminal history, and was not in his life for the most part. So in that sense he did a lot with the hand that he was dealt. Him wanting to give back to under privileged kids is absolutely commendable.

But as always the devil is in the details.

Though James will have a huge influence on the school, I Promise will be run by the district.

It's a district-owned building. The district will hire and pay the teachers and administration. Kids will ride district buses to school. And they will all eat the free breakfast and lunch the district gives all students.

I Promise will eventually cost about $8 million a year to run out of the district's regular budget, covered mostly by shifting students, teachers and money from other schools, the district says.

"The coverage made it look like the whole thing is his," said district spokesman Mark Williamson. "He did a lot, but taxpayers should know it's their investment too."
Old 08-06-2018, 11:54 AM   #114
Barrett
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tarpley

Quote:
My point, was more along the lines that Barry lied to us, but was a good word smith.

Trump, bluntly and rather uneloquently tells us the truth. I prefer the truth tough, even if it may sting a little.

I am really not against Lebron. My biggest knock against him is his flopping on the court. His dad had a extensive criminal history, and was not in his life for the most part. So in that sense he did a lot with the hand that he was dealt. Him wanting to give back to under privileged kids is absolutely commendable.

But as always the devil is in the details.

Though James will have a huge influence on the school, I Promise will be run by the district.

It's a district-owned building. The district will hire and pay the teachers and administration. Kids will ride district buses to school. And they will all eat the free breakfast and lunch the district gives all students.

I Promise will eventually cost about $8 million a year to run out of the district's regular budget, covered mostly by shifting students, teachers and money from other schools, the district says.

"The coverage made it look like the whole thing is his," said district spokesman Mark Williamson. "He did a lot, but taxpayers should know it's their investment too."

Trump tells the truth..seriously?
Every time something comes out that challenged his previous statement, all he has to do is change the story and cry Fake News and the herd believes him.
All politicians lie. Period. Anyone who believes otherwise is twisted.
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 12:00 PM   #115
batmaninja
Ten Point

I think Don (Lemon) is an idiot, among other things.

Care to provide a counter point?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...tv-gaffes.html
Old 08-06-2018, 12:32 PM   #116
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
I think Don (Lemon) is an idiot, among other things.

Care to provide a counter point?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...tv-gaffes.html
That isn't even debatable. He is probably the dumbest person on any news network.

I don't like Lebron, but our education system is for sure a wreck and I'm glad someone with a voice is talking about alternatives to government ran catastrophes.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #117
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
That isn't even debatable. He is probably the dumbest person on any news network.

I don't like Lebron, but our education system is for sure a wreck and I'm glad someone with a voice is talking about alternatives to government ran catastrophes.

No kidding! I don't like the guy, but at least he's attempting to make positive change, rather than just bitching about some perceived injustice.

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 05:25 PM   #118
systemnt
Pope & Young

Actually..he bitches too... his just comes with a check that somehow entitles him to...
Old 08-06-2018, 08:48 PM   #119
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Actually..he bitches too... his just comes with a check that somehow entitles him to...
So like this subforum but with azz to back it up?
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 09:53 AM   #120
batmaninja
Ten Point

This is pretty accurate and funny commentary on the event. He goes into what an idiot Don (Lemon) is about the 3 minute mark.

https://www.facebook.com/whitehouseb...L5YV_VyOXtJdLE
Old 08-07-2018, 10:49 AM   #121
Man
Pope & Young

Don Lemon gets paid very well to be stupid. Not saying he's not....but he certainly has no incentive to change or better himself.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:02 PM   #122
flywise
Pope & Young

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...romise-school/
Old 08-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #123
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
screw the numbers...this is just whitey trying to bring down the good deeds of Lebron.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:02 PM   #124
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
screw the numbers...this is just whitey trying to bring down the good deeds of Lebron.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:34 PM   #125
Pilgrim
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas

Subsidized housing, school supplies, clothing, free breakfast and lunches are already provided to low income students. Grant money and scholarships for college are already available for low income students. With the exception of different school hours, and the contribution of his own money, I’m not sure that LeBron is doing anything more than the American taxpayer has been doing for years. As long as these students’ families don’t have any skin in the game, these programs will continue to fail.
Pilgrim is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 07:00 PM   #126
flywise
Pope & Young

I'm thinking that Trump is all wrong about LeBron. It seems to me that he really is smart. Actually, brilliant. Just like Obama, he has figured out a way to provide very little but get credit for very much.
But I'll say this, he is putting up some money and that does deserve much credit.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:24 AM   #127
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post

This is kind of what I figured this would end up being.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:27 AM   #128
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Indeed, the whole project is city-operated. The school is not being run by James or his coalition. It is operating in a city-owned building, staffed by public schools personnel, and mostly paid for by the taxpayers. James may have some influence, but essentially he is not the main administrator of the school that was sold as his pet project.

“The coverage made it look like the whole thing is his,” Akron school district spokesman Mark Williamson told the media this week. “He did a lot, but taxpayers should know it’s their investment too.”
Old 08-08-2018, 08:26 AM   #129
jer_james
Ten Point

Hahaha - nobody wants to quote the $2 million number?

Just focus on what he's not doing, rather than what he is. When you think it can't get worse ... Effing Breitbart.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:38 AM   #130
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
The LeBron James Foundation has pledged to spend $2 million annually once the school is up and running, but district officials estimate that the school will cost about $8 million dollars to run.

You mean, the pledge of $2m from his foundation.

While LeFlop is in the news for his pledge of $2 mil, for "his" school. How about the rich white guy pledging even more from his foundation, locally? And that guy didnt even get his name on the school.

After months of relentless complaints from a relatively small but extremely intense group of parents opposed to Houston ISD renaming its nationally recognized High School For the Performing and Visual Arts after a donor in return for $7.5 million from the Kinder Foundation, that donor, Rich Kinder, has offered to let the district off the hook.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:51 AM   #131
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
The LeBron James Foundation has pledged to spend $2 million annually once the school is up and running, but district officials estimate that the school will cost about $8 million dollars to run.

You mean, the pledge of $2m from his foundation.

While LeFlop is in the news for his pledge of $2 mil, for "his" school. How about the rich white guy pledging even more from his foundation, locally? And that guy didnt even get his name on the school.

After months of relentless complaints from a relatively small but extremely intense group of parents opposed to Houston ISD renaming its nationally recognized High School For the Performing and Visual Arts after a donor in return for $7.5 million from the Kinder Foundation, that donor, Rich Kinder, has offered to let the district off the hook.
Im sure you understand what annually means - and I dont see Lebron James Elementary anywhere ?
Old 08-08-2018, 09:05 AM   #132
systemnt
Pope & Young

$2M.. is floors and lighting in any school - MAYBE-....hell..that would barely cover the cost of windows and parking lot stripes in some Texas schools....its a contribution...sure....
2M annually is a nice gift.. almost will keep the lights on for half a year..
There are regular people that make bigger donations than that annually... but they aren't getting put on a pedestal like the real tall guy that's good at putting a ball in a basket is.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #133
batmaninja
Ten Point

The land was already owned by the tax payers. There was already a school built on the land by taxpayers. It was a pretty nice building. It had a name, Harris Elementary.

LeFlops money went to, well I see some fancy sneakers on the walls and his name, pictures, and King James brand all over "his" school. I hope the tax payers gave his foundation a good tax break in return, for his pledge.
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2018, 09:38 AM   #134
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
$2M.. is floors and lighting in any school - MAYBE-....hell..that would barely cover the cost of windows and parking lot stripes in some Texas schools....its a contribution...sure....
2M annually is a nice gift.. almost will keep the lights on for half a year..
There are regular people that make bigger donations than that annually... but they aren't getting put on a pedestal like the real tall guy that's good at putting a ball in a basket is.
So now you're surprised that the most popular athlete in the US is getting extra coverage? And that's his fault?

This is also not his first gift to the district. Millions came before this as well.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #135
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
So now you're surprised that the most popular athlete in the US is getting extra coverage? And that's his fault?

This is also not his first gift to the district. Millions came before this as well.
You're confusing being of the opinion that his coverage for what in the grand scheme is mediocre philanthropy is undeserved with giving two ****s if its his fault or not.

Just because he calls himself "King" , don't make him one.
Again, thanks for helpin keep some power bills paid...would you kindly remove your Advertisements for your Brand from the public school system paid for buildings?
Old 08-08-2018, 09:54 AM   #136
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
You're confusing being of the opinion that his coverage for what in the grand scheme is mediocre philanthropy is undeserved with giving two ****s if its his fault or not.

Just because he calls himself "King" , don't make him one.
Again, thanks for helpin keep some power bills paid...would you kindly remove your Advertisements for your Brand from the public school system paid for buildings?
I dont believe a continued relationship over multiple years involving millions of dollars is mediocre.

King is a commonly used nickname. Media put him on the cover of SI as a 16 yr old with the words "Chosen One"

He's 34 now and done literally nothing other than call the President a name, which the President returned the favor.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:57 AM   #137
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:

Just focus on what he's not doing, rather than what he is. When you think it can't get worse ... Effing Breitbart.
If the story would have been about Lebron making a 2 million dollar donation, that would have been fantastic. Instead its "Lebron has this great idea for a privately funded school because he's a genius and the greatest human ever!" Oh but wait. Tax payers are still paying for the majority of it.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:03 AM   #138
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
If the story would have been about Lebron making a 2 million dollar donation, that would have been fantastic. Instead its "Lebron has this great idea for a privately funded school because he's a genius and the greatest human ever!" Oh but wait. Tax payers are still paying for the majority of it.
Read the Breitbart article and Lebron has done nothing.

Same token goes both ways, as usual. Truth is always in the middle.

The sensationalism of both sides of the media does not take away from the greatness of this action. It is not the greatest donation ever, but it is absolutely greatness.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:28 AM   #139
JES
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall County

So I’m told this school will cost the state taxpayers 3X the cost per student than a regular public school...doesn’t sound like LeBron has done anything but set up something that’s going to fail.
JES is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-08-2018, 11:56 AM   #140
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JES View Post
So Iím told this school will cost the state taxpayers 3X the cost per student than a regular public school...doesnít sound like LeBron has done anything but set up something thatís going to fail.
And finally..... this thread come full circle
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-08-2018, 05:16 PM   #141
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
And finally..... this thread come full circle

Yep
Bernie economics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-08-2018, 06:25 PM   #142
Clay C
Ten Point

Default LeBronís I Promise School

After looking more into this, this isnít a good idea. He should just donate that money to existing public schools. This ďI promiseĒ idea (while no doubt coming from a good place) is a disaster waiting to happen. Itís going to cost tax payers a lot of money.

Also, I went back and listened to some interviews. Good Lord. This is the guy some of you claim sounds brilliant when he speaks? He can barely put a full sentence together.

Last edited by Clay C; 08-08-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:30 PM   #143
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Quote:
Read the Breitbart article and Lebron has done nothing.

Same token goes both ways, as usual. Truth is always in the middle.

The sensationalism of both sides of the media does not take away from the greatness of this action. It is not the greatest donation ever, but it is absolutely greatness.

Lol you only say that because It has something to do with your man crush leflop. I'm sure the taxpayers have a different viewpoint on this greatness

Nice gesture on his part yes greatness far from it.
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2018, 12:29 AM   #144
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
After looking more into this, this isnít a good idea. He should just donate that money to existing public schools. This ďI promiseĒ idea (while no doubt coming from a good place) is a disaster waiting to happen. Itís going to cost tax payers a lot of money.

Also, I went back and listened to some interviews. Good Lord. This is the guy some of you claim sounds brilliant when he speaks? He can barely put a full sentence together.
Have you heard how bigly awesome and winning President Trumpís speeches are?
Old 08-09-2018, 08:01 AM   #145
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Have you heard how bigly awesome and winning President Trumpís speeches are?

Well people have also never made claims like ďyou can tell by his speech that he is brilliant.Ē Yeah Donald Trump Isnít the most eloquent speaker, but Lebron doesnít seem to have much going on up there when he speaks.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:49 AM   #146
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Have you heard how bigly awesome and winning President Trump’s speeches are?

Lebron appreciates your continued support of him both as a basketball player and African American person James. This thread alone should take like 5 white guilt points off your shoulders.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:47 AM   #147
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Lebron appreciates your continued support of him both as a basketball player and African American person James. This thread alone should take like 5 white guilt points off your shoulders.
Nothing about this is "white guilt".

Literally, name calling the President is the only negative thing that can be said about Lebron James.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #148
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Nothing about this is "white guilt".

Literally, name calling the President is the only negative thing that can be said about Lebron James.

What about the flamboyant and boisterous way he left the community he loves so much to go to Miami?
Old 08-09-2018, 10:25 AM   #149
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
What about the flamboyant and boisterous way he left the community he loves so much to go to Miami?
You mean when he raised even more money for charity by televising his freedom of choice as a free agent ?
Old 08-09-2018, 10:56 AM   #150
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
You mean when he raised even more money for charity by televising his freedom of choice as a free agent ?
Yes. I was being sarcastic. Hence the .