Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2018, 11:15 PM   #1
psicoo
Ten Point
 
psicoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: McKinney, TX
Hunt In: Hardeman County(Quanah, TX), Tom Green County(Eden, TX), Grenada & Fayetteville, MS., Russell, KS.
Default Tariffs...

Working so well, farmers having to be bailed out to tune of 12B. Out!
psicoo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 02:59 AM   #2
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

Farmers get bailed out every year. https://farm.ewg.org/region.php?fips=48000

With Texas leading the way
SmTx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 06:01 AM   #3
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default

How much do we spend on welfare and immigration yearly?

How much did Obama Care cost the working man?

Farmers have been getting help for how many years now. Nothing new.

Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 07:52 AM   #4
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Yep! Farmers been gaming the system for decades. I was always amused at how they claimed to be going broke yet they buy a new F250 $70K truck every 2 years or a new $150K tractor every 5 years. At least they work when the sun shines or at least some do.

Last edited by muzzlebrake; 07-25-2018 at 07:55 AM.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 07:54 AM   #5
Razrbk89
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NE Arkansas
Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas
Default

The 12 billion they’re proposing is a bandaid on a bullet wound. Beans are down something like 2$ a bushel, and they were already really cheap. This is going to affect a lot of people in my area that thought they were doing their business a favor voting for Trump. The last couple of years have been really bad for ag, politically.

I am all for correcting our trade deficits, but I’m not sure that’s what this is. It seems to me like a move to push more people out of business so corporate farms can gobble them up. So far, it looks like that’s going to work!
Razrbk89 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 08:03 AM   #6
Radar
Ten Point
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wilson County
Hunt In: Wilson County
Default

I was going to put up a "pro farmer" post, but it will just start another chit storm on TBH and we have had plenty of them on here lately.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 08:16 AM   #7
UncleBubba
Pope & Young
 
UncleBubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE Texas
Hunt In: Dickens, Hunt, and Red River Co.
Default

Our family business never got a bailout during slow times, we fought through it. They can do the same IMO.
UncleBubba is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 08:20 AM   #8
Leemo
Ten Point
 
Leemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bay City, Texas
Default

I don’t care if I pizzzzz farmers off with my statement, you can’t make it, get out
I’m in the Seafood business, we aren’t subsidized
Leemo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 09:14 AM   #9
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

So what exactly has Trump done to lower the price of beans?

IMO all welfare and subsidies should go away...Then we can start over doing things better.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #10
Barrett
Ten Point
 
Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Austin
Hunt In: Tarpley
Default

I’m selling a steel trailer for 1k more than I paid. Thank you Trump. Oh sorry trailer buyers.
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 09:25 AM   #11
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
How much do we spend on welfare and immigration yearly?

How much did Obama Care cost the working man?

Farmers have been getting help for how many years now. Nothing new.

If this is nothing new, why did they have to designate an additional $12b?

That would indicate that this is new ...
jer_james is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 09:31 AM   #12
OldRiverRat
Ten Point
 
OldRiverRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deer Park, TX
Hunt In: Navarro County
Default

there are two sides to every story and don't think that Europe and Asia aren't feeling the same pain. If $12b is all it costs for us to flip the script then that is a bargain. sometimes you have to take a half a step back before moving forward. Trump's seems to be setting the stage, he made a proposal the Euros to drop all Tariffs so a deal is out there to settle this quickly and move on, at least with the Europeans. China will be a tougher battle because it will cost them dearly to pay their people and even meager fair wage.
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 09:42 AM   #13
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRat View Post
there are two sides to every story and don't think that Europe and Asia aren't feeling the same pain. If $12b is all it costs for us to flip the script then that is a bargain. sometimes you have to take a half a step back before moving forward. Trump's seems to be setting the stage, he made a proposal the Euros to drop all Tariffs so a deal is out there to settle this quickly and move on, at least with the Europeans. China will be a tougher battle because it will cost them dearly to pay their people and even meager fair wage.
Does China have to worry about Capitalism?
jer_james is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 09:42 AM   #14
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

I sure enjoy my ag exemption
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 09:48 AM   #15
Legdog
Pope & Young
 
Legdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Default

Welcome to socialism.

“The government is good at one thing. It knows how to break your legs, and then hand you a crutch and say, 'See if it weren't for the government, you wouldn't be able to walk.”

Harry Browne, Libertarian


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Legdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 09:54 AM   #16
DaveC
Pope & Young
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crosby,Tx
Hunt In: Menard & Montgomery County
Default

Does this mean deer corn gonna be cheaper this year ?


DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 09:59 AM   #17
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

No surprise to anyone in the industry. There was no way were were going to get this trade aligned without taking some hits. I have been affected by the steel tarriffs with an annual increase of over $125,000 on my steel items out of China. So you hike up your boots.. get the team together...create a game plan and push forward. And yes China is feeling the repercussions as well...my steel factories over there are taking a MASSIVE hit!!!!!!
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 10:02 AM   #18
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Are massive hits in Socialism the same as massive hits in Capitalism?
jer_james is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 10:05 AM   #19
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default

They should have found a less volatile occupation.

Signed
Big Oil Worker
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 10:06 AM   #20
Barrett
Ten Point
 
Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Austin
Hunt In: Tarpley
Default

Bailout!!! Hummmm reminds me of...
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 10:13 AM   #21
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Definitely don't like this, we will see what this actually contains. I'm sure most of it isn't for farmers at all, but for the other welfare programs like usual.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 10:45 AM   #22
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
Definitely don't like this, we will see what this actually contains. I'm sure most of it isn't for farmers at all, but for the other welfare programs like usual.
Whenever you see numbers like $12b - there is someone somewhere pouring an old scotch into a squeaky clean glass with a big grin !
jer_james is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #23
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Whenever you see numbers like $12b - there is someone somewhere pouring an old scotch into a squeaky clean glass with a big grin !
No doubt.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #24
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Whenever you see numbers like $12b - there is someone somewhere pouring an old scotch into a squeaky clean glass with a big grin !
We agree sir
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 11:05 AM   #25
Radar
Ten Point
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wilson County
Hunt In: Wilson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicoo View Post
Working so well, farmers having to be bailed out to tune of 12B. Out!
Looking at that data, 81% of the farmers in Texas did not get subsidies. Texas and Iowa were 1 and 2 out 50 states with less subsidies.

Also pretty cool to see a Family Heritage Land sign on a farm in Texas, if you fellers know what that means.

Reckon I dont get no mailbox money for our little farm, guess Uncle Donnie dont care about me.


Name:  tfl.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  73.4 KB
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 11:33 AM   #26
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

The USDA also will buy the surplus of commodities that would otherwise have been exported and distribute them to food banks and other nutrition programs. That will cover fruits, nuts, rice, legumes, beef, pork and milk.

Is this basically the bail out?
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 11:42 AM   #27
BuckRage
Ten Point
 
BuckRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default

Go America! But not if it comes at a cost....
BuckRage is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 11:42 AM   #28
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
No surprise to anyone in the industry. There was no way were were going to get this trade aligned without taking some hits. I have been affected by the steel tarriffs with an annual increase of over $125,000 on my steel items out of China. So you hike up your boots.. get the team together...create a game plan and push forward. And yes China is feeling the repercussions as well...my steel factories over there are taking a MASSIVE hit!!!!!!
Most industries can just increase the price of the goods they sell when their costs increase (whether the cause is government action or something else). So the consumer ends up paying most of the added cost of the steel tariffs in your industry's case. The industry will be fine, but consumers will pay the price.

Farmers, on the other hand, don't get to set the sales price for the products they produce. Steel tariffs will make tractors and implements cost more, eating into farmers' thin profit margins. Then when tariffs and trade wars cause commodity prices to fall, that hits them even harder.

Trade wars are double-edged swords. It's just a big game of chicken, trying to see which nation's government is willing to harm its own citizens in order to punish another country the longest.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 11:52 AM   #29
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

The FARM BILL has been a political hot potato for 40 years at this point. I remember the discussions as an undergraduate in the early 80's with Collegiate FFA Advisors. I will always side with farmers but lets not confuse the term farmers. YES, most farms & farmers that "move the market" are massive operations...….just like any other business. We tend to look at farmers and "think" mom & pop as Americans, that view is from post WWII. Those numbers have dwindled and continue to. I also clearly understand that we feed the world and need to protect that designation. A few countries have strong niches...(soybeans in Brazil)……….when they can get the crop out of the field on time!!! Honestly, $12 Billion is a lot of "additional" dollars. The farm bill has a lot of waste and we all know it sadly. This "additional" $12B is directly associated to the huge losses incurred due to the trade war. A global trade war being 'right or wrong' as a political strategy has always been COSTLY!!! This is self-imposed based on the decision to go forward with a global trade war after bipartisan voices strongly advising against it...….based on HISTORICAL data & outcomes!!! China is willing to starve their folks to win (or just ride out) this trade war...……...we are not willing to deaux the same. This sorta gives them an unfair advantage as our primary motivation is MONEY. Their thought process is multi-generational or better yet millennia in scope and could care less about the individual...….it is about the whole!
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 11:54 AM   #30
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Most industries can just increase the price of the goods they sell when their costs increase (whether the cause is government action or something else). So the consumer ends up paying most of the added cost of the steel tariffs in your industry's case. The industry will be fine, but consumers will pay the price.

Farmers, on the other hand, don't get to set the sales price for the products they produce. Steel tariffs will make tractors and implements cost more, eating into farmers' thin profit margins. Then when tariffs and trade wars cause commodity prices to fall, that hits them even harder.

Trade wars are double-edged swords. It's just a big game of chicken, trying to see which nation's government is willing to harm its own citizens in order to punish another country the longest.
U beat me to it!
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 12:09 PM   #31
Radar
Ten Point
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wilson County
Hunt In: Wilson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
The FARM BILL has been a political hot potato for 40 years at this point. I remember the discussions as an undergraduate in the early 80's with Collegiate FFA Advisors. I will always side with farmers but lets not confuse the term farmers. YES, most farms & farmers that "move the market" are massive operations...….just like any other business. We tend to look at farmers and "think" mom & pop as Americans, that view is from post WWII. Those numbers have dwindled and continue to. I also clearly understand that we feed the world and need to protect that designation. A few countries have strong niches...(soybeans in Brazil)……….when they can get the crop out of the field on time!!! Honestly, $12 Billion is a lot of "additional" dollars. The farm bill has a lot of waste and we all know it sadly. This "additional" $12B is directly associated to the huge losses incurred due to the trade war. A global trade war being 'right or wrong' as a political strategy has always been COSTLY!!! This is self-imposed based on the decision to go forward with a global trade war after bipartisan voices strongly advising against it...….based on HISTORICAL data & outcomes!!! China is willing to starve their folks to win (or just ride out) this trade war...……...we are not willing to deaux the same. This sorta gives them an unfair advantage as our primary motivation is MONEY. Their thought process is multi-generational or better yet millennia in scope and could care less about the individual...….it is about the whole!
True Dat!

Family farms are a thing of the past, remember the 80's ? Small farms could not make it and sold for cheap or the kids bust up the family farm and live high on the hog for a few years and end up with nothing. Anyway most produce comes from South America nowadays, and as long as HEB or Krogers got it nothing else matters. Life goes on.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 12:12 PM   #32
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Most industries can just increase the price of the goods they sell when their costs increase (whether the cause is government action or something else). So the consumer ends up paying most of the added cost of the steel tariffs in your industry's case. The industry will be fine, but consumers will pay the price.

Farmers, on the other hand, don't get to set the sales price for the products they produce. Steel tariffs will make tractors and implements cost more, eating into farmers' thin profit margins. Then when tariffs and trade wars cause commodity prices to fall, that hits them even harder.

Trade wars are double-edged swords. It's just a big game of chicken, trying to see which nation's government is willing to harm its own citizens in order to punish another country the longest.
If we all come together, band together to help support local, the extra costs will eventually balance out according to how the economy is supposed to work.

Short term it absolutely does hurt. Long term, the benefits are easy to see.
jer_james is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #33
Jason
Eight Point
 
Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Katy, TX
Hunt In: Nacogdoches/Rusk County
Default

It's a crummy system. Say we need a favor from Thailand. We tell them we'll buy 10 billion in rice this year so they will do something we need done.

Now we've just hurt our rice farmers along the Mississippi delta because the government is going to have to flood the market with cheap Thailand rice. The farmers can't compete with the government who had the buy the rice to get their "favor" done and now are looking to unload 10bil in rice to the highest bidder. So, they pay the rice farmer to cut back on rice production because they know he cant grow the rice for what our government is gonna sell the Thailand rice for.

I am not for government subsidies. However, when the government hurts the american worker in the name of foreign policy then I am a little more sympathetic to things like farm bills.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 02:39 PM   #34
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
How much do we spend on welfare and immigration yearly?

How much did Obama Care cost the working man?

Farmers have been getting help for how many years now. Nothing new.

How much did Barry give Iran?? In the middle of the night..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 02:43 PM   #35
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckRage View Post
Go America! But not if it comes at a cost....
LOL.... RIGHT..!!!!

I'm sure glad our forefathers did not understand math or risks factors....
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 02:43 PM   #36
Radar
Ten Point
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wilson County
Hunt In: Wilson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
How much did Barry give Iran?? In the middle of the night..
Lol Reply of the day!
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 02:45 PM   #37
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Lol Reply of the day!
Yea.. That would covered this farmer fund for 40 years.....
Now that's a dam dirty shame.. Where is the outrage??????
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 02:47 PM   #38
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
How much did Barry give Iran?? In the middle of the night..
He didn't give them much of anything - just released money that was already theirs. It was just being held and doing nothing.
jer_james is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 02:50 PM   #39
Radar
Ten Point
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wilson County
Hunt In: Wilson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Yea.. That would covered this farmer fund for 40 years.....
Now that's a dam dirty shame.. Where is the outrage??????
Somebody will come along and give you the right answer.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 02:54 PM   #40
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
He didn't give them much of anything - just released money that was already theirs. It was just being held and doing nothing.
Who said that?? Barry and Hillary?? What other possible way could they spin it?? I guess that's why the transaction was so publicized and transparent.. PPPFFTTT.
OH WAIT!!!!!
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 03:07 PM   #41
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
He didn't give them much of anything - just released money that was already theirs. It was just being held and doing nothing.
Didn't that belong to Irans previous government and not the one thats been chanting death to america and that has destroyed the country? Asking not telling.
Attached Images
 
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 03:08 PM   #42
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
True Dat!

Family farms are a thing of the past, remember the 80's ? Small farms could not make it and sold for cheap or the kids bust up the family farm and live high on the hog for a few years and end up with nothing. Anyway most produce comes from South America nowadays, and as long as HEB or Krogers got it nothing else matters. Life goes on.
This isn’t true of my area. There may be some farms owned by corporations, but it’s still just Joe Farmer growing cotton like his daddy and grand daddy did. Except joe went to college and got a Agra-biz degree and figured out he could protect his personal wealth and gain tax advantages by incorporating.

But most are still small family owned farms
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 03:17 PM   #43
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Didn't that belong to Irans previous government and not the one thats been chanting death to america and that has destroyed the country? Asking not telling.
I believe that was why the money was held - Allies in 79 and not Allies after that.
jer_james is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 03:18 PM   #44
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
He didn't give them much of anything - just released money that was already theirs. It was just being held and doing nothing.
And they didnt give us troops, just released ours that were being held and doing nothing

I dont see how not allowing our farmers to export crops is a, bailout. But giving everyone "free" healthcare isnt a bail out, it is the Affordable Care out, that is actually a tax.
Attached Images
 
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 03:21 PM   #45
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point
 
ACCURACYINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Mcmullen County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
He didn't give them much of anything - just released money that was already theirs. It was just being held and doing nothing.
I bet it's doing something now!
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 03:46 PM   #46
Radar
Ten Point
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wilson County
Hunt In: Wilson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
This isn’t true of my area. There may be some farms owned by corporations, but it’s still just Joe Farmer growing cotton like his daddy and grand daddy did. Except joe went to college and got a Agra-biz degree and figured out he could protect his personal wealth and gain tax advantages by incorporating.

But most are still small family owned farms
Very fortunate in your area. If you remember the 80's then you will remember Farm Aid. I knew people that struggled to the end trying to keep there place. I also remember some neighbors that left there farm to the kids and they sold it off and ended up with nothing.

Last edited by Radar; 07-25-2018 at 03:49 PM.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 04:44 PM   #47
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Trump receives concessions from the EU on tariffs.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 05:13 PM   #48
MarkW
Nubbin' Buck
 
MarkW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default

The farmers have been getting bailed out for at least the past 50 years.
MarkW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 05:37 PM   #49
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
The farmers have been getting bailed out for at least the past 50 years.
Not all farmers have.. Some actually bust their arse for just a hard living. I have farmers in my family that have never been rich and have never received a government check. These subsidies but just like any of the many governments "free money" programs. Some "slick" folks(I know a few) figure out how to work and play the system and abuse the hail out of it... They screw it up for everybody... They give all farmers a bad name.....
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 05:40 PM   #50
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Not all farmers have.. Some actually bust their arse for just a hard living. I have farmers in my family that have never been rich and have never received a government check. These subsidies but just like any of the many governments "free money" programs. Some "slick" folks(I know a few) figure out how to work and play the system and abuse the hail out of it... They screw it up for everybody... They give all farmers a bad name.....
So the farmers in your family have never insured a crop? What on earth do they grow?
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com