Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2018, 08:52 PM   #201
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Well it's official Riley has a new barrel pony!!! Welcome Gator, aka Tator, aka Mator aka CEO Kinda Beautiful!!! This Big grey is a proven winner in the PRCA with over $40k in winnings and more in barrel racing and amateur. I asked Riley tonight new horse new goals what are they? She said " Dad, win AJRA Finals Average, Qualify CPRA Finals win average and Rookie of the Year, Qualify for JrNfr and go back to Vegas, and to make a run for the American and run for a million dollars. ". Baby girl shoot for the moon and land amongst the stars. You now have two A team ******ez in your stable now to get you there!!! Let's go chase those dreams!!!

Attachment 911344
Great looking horse. Congrats on the new ride for your daughter
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 09:10 PM   #202
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Great looking horse. Congrats on the new ride for your daughter
Thanks! He's bigger than I thought. She ran him in Stephenville last Tuesday and won 3rd. Girl that won 1st and 2nd is NFR qualifier. Riley and Gator had a sloppy run that they will clean up and get better.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 09:45 PM   #203
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Thanks! He's bigger than I thought. She ran him in Stephenville last Tuesday and won 3rd. Girl that won 1st and 2nd is NFR qualifier. Riley and Gator had a sloppy run that they will clean up and get better.
Well that is awesome. I am sure they will get better

I was glad to see my daughter on her new horse in a rodeo this weekend. She had loped him several times through the pattern but not pushing. She pushed him a little harder on Saturday night and she said that they were still not full speed and they looked great
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 10:07 PM   #204
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Well that is awesome. I am sure they will get better

I was glad to see my daughter on her new horse in a rodeo this weekend. She had loped him several times through the pattern but not pushing. She pushed him a little harder on Saturday night and she said that they were still not full speed and they looked great
The more comfortable they get the better they will get. It's so much a bond issue and trust issue. I tell Riley if you don't believe and have confidence in yourself and your horse , your horse won't have confidence in you . Horses feel that positive or negative energy
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 06:36 AM   #205
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Sweet......can't wait to see her run in Vegas at the big show.......
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 06:38 AM   #206
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
The more comfortable they get the better they will get. It's so much a bond issue and trust issue. I tell Riley if you don't believe and have confidence in yourself and your horse , your horse won't have confidence in you . Horses feel that positive or negative energy
This is exactly what I tell Sarah. You gotta have that trust and confidence in your horse and yourself and everything else will take care of itself.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 08:57 AM   #207
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
The more comfortable they get the better they will get. It's so much a bond issue and trust issue. I tell Riley if you don't believe and have confidence in yourself and your horse , your horse won't have confidence in you . Horses feel that positive or negative energy
This is exactly what I tell my kids as well. I have been a little shocked how fast my daughter has made the relationship with this new horse. My daughter can hell this horses name and he comes to her out in the field and just drops his head and she can rub all over him.
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 10:46 PM   #208
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

I'm pulling up the past but I hope kids learn from my experience . Don't ignore the injuries. I ignored these two injuries and tried to be cowboy tuff. Due to me ignoring my concussions I don't remember much about any of it. Last rodeo I entered I was suppose to going home and ended up in Corpus. Shortened my career and a left me with lot of unanswered questions. ". I'm responding to a post on the South Central Rodeo Hall of Fame FB page

""That's was my senior yr in Highschool. My free arm shoulder came out that first or 2nd jump but somehow made the horn. Next day headed to State Finals where I Won the first Round in the bares and after the whistle on my 2nd on a spinner my hand popped out and went out the back. Top of my head hit top of the buckin chutes. Woke up in the hospital. Next night I somehow got on in the Short Round and split 2nd and was Co Res THSRA State Champion along with Trey Fisher. Month Later went to Nationals and once again split Res National Champion with Cleve Schmidt. All with shoulder issues. Later had surgery that fall to fix the mess. Learned more about heart and grit that summer than I ever thought I had.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  129.8 KB

Last edited by BrandonA; 06-13-2018 at 11:20 PM.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2018, 08:18 PM   #209
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Riley and Gator will be making their first Rodeo run debut tomorrow night in Stonewall. I've got to admit I'm more nervous and anxious than I ever was when I rode. Riley and Gator are really stepping up to the next level. Let's run for The American!!
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2018, 08:32 PM   #210
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Riley and Gator will be making their first Rodeo run debut tomorrow night in Stonewall. I've got to admit I'm more nervous and anxious than I ever was when I rode. Riley and Gator are really stepping up to the next level. Let's run for The American!!
Good luck to Riley and Gator. Abbey and Cowboy rode 4 exhibition runs tonight at a jackpot barrel race in Comanche. My wife said they did great and looked good. I didnít ask about the times but I am sure I will get a video once my wife gets on WiFi
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2018, 08:55 PM   #211
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Good luck to Riley and Gator. Abbey and Cowboy rode 4 exhibition runs tonight at a jackpot barrel race in Comanche. My wife said they did great and looked good. I didnít ask about the times but I am sure I will get a video once my wife gets on WiFi
That's great!! Ask Abbey this... If you're giving a piggy back ride is it easier with someone being still or moving all over. The more she can run with hands low and close the better.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 06:57 AM   #212
Russ81
Pope & Young
 
Russ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazoria Co.
Hunt In: Mason County, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post

Yep thatís a runner right there boys!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Russ81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 08:37 AM   #213
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ81 View Post
Yep thatís a runner right there boys!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He dang sure better be!!!
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #214
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Riley and Gator will be making their first Rodeo run debut tomorrow night in Stonewall. I've got to admit I'm more nervous and anxious than I ever was when I rode. Riley and Gator are really stepping up to the next level. Let's run for The American!!
I think Sarah and I are going to come watch Riley run in Stonewall since it is so close. Any idea what it costs to get in the gate? Don't think an old PRCA card will work at this one.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 10:39 AM   #215
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
I think Sarah and I are going to come watch Riley run in Stonewall since it is so close. Any idea what it costs to get in the gate? Don't think an old PRCA card will work at this one.

Just looked adult tickets are $15. I'm sure kids are less. I usually get in free because of Riley but not always.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 01:42 PM   #216
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Just looked adult tickets are $15. I'm sure kids are less. I usually get in free because of Riley but not always.
That's not a bad price at all. We will most likely see you out there tonight, unless the kiddo wants to do something else. I will holler at you if we head that way.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 01:43 PM   #217
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
That's not a bad price at all. We will most likely see you out there tonight, unless the kiddo wants to do something else. I will holler at you if we head that way.

Sounds good.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2018, 12:16 AM   #218
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

For me this was a pretty cool moment. Riley and
Lane Mcgehee together competing tonight in Stonewall. Lane is the reigning NIRA College Champion Bareback Rider and upcoming Star in the PRCA. Lanes Dad and I , Carl Lee, rodeoed together and was a role model and mentor... To see our kids chasing those dreams is pretty cool. And Iím telling you Lane is gonna contend for a World Championship soon!!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  67.7 KB


As far as Riley's run she did good. Still need get things together but they are gonna make a hell of a team
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2018, 07:35 AM   #219
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
For me this was a pretty cool moment. Riley and
Lane Mcgehee together competing tonight in Stonewall. Lane is the reigning NIRA College Champion Bareback Rider and upcoming Star in the PRCA. Lanes Dad and I , Carl Lee, rodeoed together and was a role model and mentor... To see our kids chasing those dreams is pretty cool. And Iím telling you Lane is gonna contend for a World Championship soon!!!

Attachment 911808


As far as Riley's run she did good. Still need get things together but they are gonna make a hell of a team

Nice
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2018, 09:36 AM   #220
wtx223
Ten Point
 
wtx223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TX
Hunt In: TX
Default

Daughter runs in short round in barrels today at Tx high school finals.

She won 6th in second round in poles with a 20.2. Crazy times.
She would have been coming back 3rd or 4th in poles, but hit a pole first round.

Should be an exciting afternoon.
wtx223 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #221
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtx223 View Post
Daughter runs in short round in barrels today at Tx high school finals.

She won 6th in second round in poles with a 20.2. Crazy times.
She would have been coming back 3rd or 4th in poles, but hit a pole first round.

Should be an exciting afternoon.
My goodness they are flying through the poles if 20.2 was 6th place. That is smoking fast
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2018, 07:38 AM   #222
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
My goodness they are flying through the poles if 20.2 was 6th place. That is smoking fast
Friend of mines daughter won the first round with a 19.73
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2018, 06:38 PM   #223
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtx223 View Post
Daughter runs in short round in barrels today at Tx high school finals.

She won 6th in second round in poles with a 20.2. Crazy times.
She would have been coming back 3rd or 4th in poles, but hit a pole first round.

Should be an exciting afternoon.
How did y'all do?
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2018, 07:10 PM   #224
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

This is Riley and Gators goals for the remainder of 2018. Told her write them down and hang them in your bathroom. And visually see them and read them aloud every day!!! All of them are attainable !!!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  88.2 KB
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #225
wtx223
Ten Point
 
wtx223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TX
Hunt In: TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post


How did y'all do?
She won a buckle for 6th in round poles.

Ended up 8th or 9th in average in barrels.
Super tough so I was proud. She was disappointed.
Told she had 3 more years.
wtx223 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2018, 07:42 PM   #226
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Getting to the Short Round in Texas as a freshman is an accomplishment. Texas leaves more talent behind than what most states send to nationals. She will get there. Tell her congratulations
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2018, 07:52 PM   #227
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Tell her to enjoy it and work hard!!! She will get there. I made it my senior year and split the Res National Championship with Cleve Schimdt. We won the Team Championship that yr for the 3rd straight yr which hadn't been done since the 50's. I was either the highest or 2nd highest point winner for the Texas team. We brought that Trophy home to Texas for good.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  81.3 KB

Last edited by BrandonA; 06-17-2018 at 07:55 PM.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2018, 07:54 PM   #228
wtx223
Ten Point
 
wtx223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TX
Hunt In: TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Getting to the Short Round in Texas as a freshman is an accomplishment. Texas leaves more talent behind than what most states send to nationals. She will get there. Tell her congratulations
Thanks. And true that on talent.

Neat story:

The girl that won barrels was riding a horse out of a stud (Bullet) my dad owns.
The horse my daughter rode is out of same stud, so half brothers.
My sister won state years ago on that studs momma.
wtx223 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2018, 07:57 PM   #229
wtx223
Ten Point
 
wtx223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TX
Hunt In: TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Tell her to enjoy it and work hard!!! She will get there. I made it my senior year and split the Res National Championship with Cleve Schimdt. We won the Team Championship that yr for the 3rd straight yr which hadn't been done since the 50's. I was either the highest or 2nd highest point winner for the Texas team. We brought that Trophy home to Texas for good.

Attachment 911981
Good deal.
My sister graduated in 92 I think and went to nationals her junior and senior year.
Probably there the same years.
wtx223 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2018, 08:10 PM   #230
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

I only high schooled rodeoed my JR and Sr yr and only made it my senior yr. made the short round in Bulls and bares my first yr and finished 5 th , Sr yr made it in bares. Got knocked out Friday night before the short round . Had to DR out of bull riding that night. Woke up in the hospital around midnight. Got to the hotel room around day break. They wouldn't let me sleep. Had to meet all the state directors and do the drunk money test , which I somehow passed. They cleared me and won 2nd in short round and finished as Res Champ. Don't remember the ride or awards ceremony or the following week. Lol
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2018, 07:04 PM   #231
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Well we are headed to Evant this weekend. The whole family is going. Baseball is over so my son is hot to trot. May even let my son rope this weekend
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2018, 09:27 PM   #232
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

This weekend will be going to the Georgetown CPRA Thursday night , Goldthwaite AJ Friday night, Eden AJ Sat, and barrel race in Hamilton Sunday!!! Busy weekend for sure.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2018, 09:40 PM   #233
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
This weekend will be going to the Georgetown CPRA Thursday night , Goldthwaite AJ Friday night, Eden AJ Sat, and barrel race in Hamilton Sunday!!! Busy weekend for sure.
Sounds like a busy weekend for sure. What kinda race on Sunday in Hamilton?
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2018, 09:52 PM   #234
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Not sure what kinda race it is. I know they have youth race. Not sure if it is 3-D or 4-D. I don't understand how all these barrel races operate that's left to the ex. I understand rodeo barrel races....fastest time wins lol
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2018, 10:13 PM   #235
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Not sure what kinda race it is. I know they have youth race. Not sure if it is 3-D or 4-D. I don't understand how all these barrel races operate that's left to the ex. I understand rodeo barrel races....fastest time wins lol
I looked it up. They have a youth 4d. Then a regular 4 d and then an open 5d on Sunday. They are put on by Revolution Barrell Racing. May have to come over for it Sunday
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2018, 10:32 PM   #236
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
I looked it up. They have a youth 4d. Then a regular 4 d and then an open 5d on Sunday. They are put on by Revolution Barrell Racing. May have to come over for it Sunday
If y'all are in Evant then y'all are right there. Come on and I'll buy you a beer. I'm sure Riley will enter the open and roll her time to the youth or she may run Jesse in the youth. Hamilton is a very nice pen
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2018, 10:44 PM   #237
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
If y'all are in Evant then y'all are right there. Come on and I'll buy you a beer. I'm sure Riley will enter the open and roll her time to the youth or she may run Jesse in the youth. Hamilton is a very nice pen
We have been there many times and yes it is nice. We will have to talk about it and see. Donít know if my daughter is ready for something like this or not. I looked at some of the previous results and they all have really good times. Should be a great barrel race though.
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2018, 10:49 PM   #238
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
We have been there many times and yes it is nice. We will have to talk about it and see. Donít know if my daughter is ready for something like this or not. I looked at some of the previous results and they all have really good times. Should be a great barrel race though.
I've never been to one or at least I don't think. What's your daughter typically run in Hamilton?
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2018, 07:38 AM   #239
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I've never been to one or at least I don't think. What's your daughter typically run in Hamilton?
I would have to look and see. But on the youth side in Stephenville the winner of the 1D in youth ran a 15.308, 2D was a 15.891, 3D was 16.316 and 4D was 17.333.
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2018, 08:54 AM   #240
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

In Hamilton if they use the standard pattern any thing in the 16.7-17 range usually wins the Jr Highs and High schools.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2018, 09:05 AM   #241
Gary Roberson
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default

What is with all the 1D, 2D, 3D, etc. Is it like golf where there is a handicap??? Who decides what division you compete??? Not trying to be a Smart Arse but I don't remember that back in my days. I guess I am getting too old.
Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2018, 09:30 AM   #242
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Roberson View Post
What is with all the 1D, 2D, 3D, etc. Is it like golf where there is a handicap??? Who decides what division you compete??? Not trying to be a Smart Arse but I don't remember that back in my days. I guess I am getting too old.
Adios,
Gary
Gary to keep it simple yes its like a handicap system so ladies at all levels have a chance to compete. 1D would be the fastest time and then each division is based .50 second off the fasted time. After that for me it gets confusing. I like rodeo barrel racing... fastest time wins. Here is an article explaining. https://www.thehorsespot.com/the-ds-in-barrel-racing
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2018, 09:51 AM   #243
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Gary to keep it simple yes its like a handicap system so ladies at all levels have a chance to compete. 1D would be the fastest time and then each division is based .50 second off the fasted time. After that for me it gets confusing. I like rodeo barrel racing... fastest time wins. Here is an article explaining. https://www.thehorsespot.com/the-ds-in-barrel-racing
Here is how it was explained to me this year when I had that blank look on my face when I signed Sarah up for her first true barrel race.

Fastest time overall for the day wins the 1D and from there they usually do 1/2 second splits. So for sake of argument here is how a 5D would shake out if the fastest time of the day was 16 seconds flat.

1D 16 seconds wins
2D 16.5 seconds wins
3D 17 seconds wins
4D 17.5 seconds wins
5D 18 seconds wins

They will usually pay 3-5 places in each D depending on how many enter.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2018, 09:52 AM   #244
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Oh and I have learned way more about barrel racing in the last few years than I have ever cared to know.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2018, 10:01 AM   #245
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
Here is how it was explained to me this year when I had that blank look on my face when I signed Sarah up for her first true barrel race.

Fastest time overall for the day wins the 1D and from there they usually do 1/2 second splits. So for sake of argument here is how a 5D would shake out if the fastest time of the day was 16 seconds flat.

1D 16 seconds wins
2D 16.5 seconds wins
3D 17 seconds wins
4D 17.5 seconds wins
5D 18 seconds wins

They will usually pay 3-5 places in each D depending on how many enter.
Thats simple enough. Ask a barrel racer and its like them explaining quantum physics.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2018, 10:10 AM   #246
Gary Roberson
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default

Thanks Guys! Now I know a little more about the game. What I am having trouble dealing with is guys entering the barrel events.....
Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2018, 10:15 AM   #247
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Roberson View Post
Thanks Guys! Now I know a little more about the game. What I am having trouble dealing with is guys entering the barrel events.....
Adios,
Gary

I have a big problem with guys entering. They have a strength advantage and in many cases just man handle the horses Around the Barrels. Little kids Im ok with but but once they get over 12 do boy events.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2018, 10:31 AM   #248
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

The D format is mainly used in jackpot and open barrel races. The whole reason was to promote participation because you don’t necessarily have to run the fastest time but you could still win money against like riders. It’s great especially for kids trying to get involved and go to bigger events because they still have a chance to win a check

All the rodeos we go to are broke up in age and fastest kid wins

Last edited by aggie2000tx; 06-19-2018 at 10:34 AM.
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2018, 06:49 PM   #249
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Well we picked up the horse that has been at the trainer for the past 4-5 month today. Will be interesting to see what he does for us


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-20-2018, 08:07 AM   #250
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Well we picked up the horse that has been at the trainer for the past 4-5 month today. Will be interesting to see what he does for us


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good looking Pony there......Hope it works out for your.

Sarah has the District 4H show tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how well she does against 20 other counties.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com