Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2018, 03:19 PM   #151
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Well my son had his first roping lesson tonight. Got a feeling this is going to get even more expensive
It is getting ready to get real expensive.....LOL.......I know first hand.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2018, 03:23 PM   #152
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Sarah finished up a playday series at our church Sunday. She won highpoint for the sub juniors spring series. Even lost her stirrups on the barrels and still won first place in barrels. kid is progressing nicely.

Here is a link to the video I put together from her Sunday runs.

https://youtu.be/IomME1Fogyw

Last edited by bowhuntertex; 05-21-2018 at 03:28 PM.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2018, 04:36 PM   #153
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
Sarah finished up a playday series at our church Sunday. She won highpoint for the sub juniors spring series. Even lost her stirrups on the barrels and still won first place in barrels. kid is progressing nicely.

Here is a link to the video I put together from her Sunday runs.

https://youtu.be/IomME1Fogyw
Nice.

We took this past weekend off. But we have a Thursday, Friday and Saturday rodeo this weekend
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 07:51 AM   #154
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Brandon how did your daughter do in Chickasha last weekend?
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 08:30 AM   #155
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
My son Clay riding a rank one last night.

Hoggslayer
How's that bullrider doing today? Still praying for a full recovery. He will be back to riding for 8 in no time.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 08:43 AM   #156
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Brandon how did your daughter do in Chickasha last weekend?

She finished I think in the top 10 out of 68. She said Lucy didn't run. Sounds like we need to get her hock injected again with plasma.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 09:57 AM   #157
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
She finished I think in the top 10 out of 68. She said Lucy didn't run. Sounds like we need to get her hock injected again with plasma.
Nice. Hope the horse is OK. How is the new horse working out?
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 10:01 AM   #158
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Nice. Hope the horse is OK. How is the new horse working out?
We haven't decided yet. Riley needs to learn how to ride it different than Lucy. Lucy has spoiled her. LOL
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 10:09 AM   #159
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
We haven't decided yet. Riley needs to learn how to ride it different than Lucy. Lucy has spoiled her. LOL
I know how that goes. We have had a mare for 2 years that I bought for my daughter’s step up horse and she will not ride it. I told her this summer she had to ride it or it was going to be sold.
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 10:18 AM   #160
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
I know how that goes. We have had a mare for 2 years that I bought for my daughter’s step up horse and she will not ride it. I told her this summer she had to ride it or it was going to be sold.
I agree. It doesn't matter how ****** the horse is if the kid doesn't have 100% confidence in it then its a waste of time and money.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 10:37 AM   #161
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I agree. It doesn't matter how ****** the horse is if the kid doesn't have 100% confidence in it then its a waste of time and money.
And that is why I now have a horse I am working in the roping pen for myself. Maybe one day Sarah will do break away on her.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2018, 07:46 AM   #162
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Sarah picked up some more hardware last night from the Hays county 4-H point show series banquet. Jr. High Point in the speed division. Hopefully she can carry this over to the district show next month.

Name:  20180523_061118.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  123.8 KB

Name:  20180522_200231_1527037395513 (3).jpg
Views: 246
Size:  61.8 KB
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2018, 07:57 AM   #163
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
Sarah picked up some more hardware last night from the Hays county 4-H point show series banquet. Jr. High Point in the speed division. Hopefully she can carry this over to the district show next month.

Attachment 908974

Attachment 908975
Awesome. Congrats to the young lady

Just out of curiosity is that a wearable buckle? It looks gigantic
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2018, 08:05 AM   #164
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Awesome. Congrats to the young lady

Just out of curiosity is that a wearable buckle? It looks gigantic
Thanks. She was super proud of winning this one because she was the youngest in her class.

For her no. It is pretty dang big and she is tiny. She might be able to wear it when she becomes an adult, LOL. She has won several this size and I have never understood why they give such big buckles to little kids. Good thing is she has 4 or 5 others she can actually wear. I guess this one will just sit on the buckle display shelf that I am building for her.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2018, 09:02 AM   #165
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
Thanks. She was super proud of winning this one because she was the youngest in her class.

For her no. It is pretty dang big and she is tiny. She might be able to wear it when she becomes an adult, LOL. She has won several this size and I have never understood why they give such big buckles to little kids. Good thing is she has 4 or 5 others she can actually wear. I guess this one will just sit on the buckle display shelf that I am building for her.
Ok. Every buckle my daughter has won she can wear. It is a head scratcher that they would give a buckle that big to a little kid. The picture is probably playing tricks on me though so it probably isn’t as big as it looks with her holding. Awesome accomplishment no matter what.
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #166
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

I was thinking the same thing!! That buckle is huge. Riley never rides wearing a buckle. She had one get caught on the saddle horn once and dang near caused a huge wreck. Congrats to Sarah!!!!
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-25-2018, 07:20 AM   #167
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Well my daughter had a strong pole and barrel run last night in Gustine. Don’t know where she placed but she ran good. Riding there again tonight and tomorrow night.
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2018, 09:47 AM   #168
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Well my daughter had a strong pole and barrel run last night in Gustine. Don’t know where she placed but she ran good. Riding there again tonight and tomorrow night.
How did she end up over the weekend?

Nothing for us this past weekend. She has a break until the 9th.

The Wimberley 4H puts on a rodeo every year for a fundraiser on Memorial Weekend, so I was busy helping out with that all weekend. My kiddo helped out as well at both the contestant gate and the concession stand.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2018, 10:16 AM   #169
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Riley's at the JR High Finals this week. Weird that she isn't running Barrels. She missed qualifying by 1 point. But considering she ran her roping horse at 9 out of the 12 rodeos cant be to disappointed. She has really been working out with the battle rope and it shows. She has really slimmed down and toned up.


Name:  State1.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  61.3 KB

Name:  state2.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  62.6 KB
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2018, 10:31 AM   #170
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
How did she end up over the weekend?

Nothing for us this past weekend. She has a break until the 9th.

The Wimberley 4H puts on a rodeo every year for a fundraiser on Memorial Weekend, so I was busy helping out with that all weekend. My kiddo helped out as well at both the contestant gate and the concession stand.
My daughter did ok for the long weekend of rodeo. She finished 6 place out of 35 in the barrels on the 3 day average and she finished 4 place out of 28 in the poles. She had a couple of hiccups but she ran strong for 3 days. It rained Friday night so that slowed everything down.

She has been riding the new horse in practice so I would imagine in the next few weeks she will ride him in the rodeo. We have been hauling him already with us to get him used to the road. Picking up a new to us gooseneck 3 horse trailer this week
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2018, 11:19 AM   #171
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Riley's at the JR High Finals this week. Weird that she isn't running Barrels. She missed qualifying by 1 point. But considering she ran her roping horse at 9 out of the 12 rodeos cant be to disappointed. She has really been working out with the battle rope and it shows. She has really slimmed down and toned up.


Attachment 909640

Attachment 909641
This is over in Gonzales isn't it? My neighbors kids are there competing. Let me know what days she runs and I might be able to swing over there and watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
My daughter did ok for the long weekend of rodeo. She finished 6 place out of 35 in the barrels on the 3 day average and she finished 4 place out of 28 in the poles. She had a couple of hiccups but she ran strong for 3 days. It rained Friday night so that slowed everything down.

She has been riding the new horse in practice so I would imagine in the next few weeks she will ride him in the rodeo. We have been hauling him already with us to get him used to the road. Picking up a new to us gooseneck 3 horse trailer this week
That's still a good weekend. Hopefully this new horse works out for her.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2018, 11:22 AM   #172
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
This is over in Gonzales isn't it? My neighbors kids are there competing. Let me know what days she runs and I might be able to swing over there and watch.



That's still a good weekend. Hopefully this new horse works out for her.
She's is tying goats tonight.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2018, 11:23 AM   #173
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
She's is tying goats tonight.
What time does it start? I will be in New Braunfels until 7pm. You gonna be out there?
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2018, 11:30 AM   #174
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
What time does it start? I will be in New Braunfels until 7pm. You gonna be out there?

I think it starts at 6. I won't be able to make it. Dad has to work to help pay for all this lol
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2018, 11:35 AM   #175
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I think it starts at 6. I won't be able to make it. Dad has to work to help pay for all this lol
I hear ya there. If it starts at 6 I doubt I can get there quick enough.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2018, 03:09 PM   #176
Russ81
Pope & Young
 
Russ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazoria Co.
Hunt In: Mason County, Texas
Default

Hope some of y’all can make it. If you’d like to donate something for the silent auction and raffles contact me on here or at 361-675-6302. Thanks and God Bless!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Russ81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-02-2018, 05:10 AM   #177
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Well Abbey took 1st place in the poles last night at a rodeo in Mullin
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-03-2018, 02:12 PM   #178
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

My daughter had a great weekend of rodeoing. She won the poles on Friday night and got some cash. Ran her fastest time ever in the barrels on Saturday night and finished one spot out of the money. She was flying through the poles on Saturday night but knocked over the last pole. If she would have been clean she would have won poles again. Got a rodeo in Goldthwaite this coming weekend
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-04-2018, 10:05 AM   #179
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
My daughter had a great weekend of rodeoing. She won the poles on Friday night and got some cash. Ran her fastest time ever in the barrels on Saturday night and finished one spot out of the money. She was flying through the poles on Saturday night but knocked over the last pole. If she would have been clean she would have won poles again. Got a rodeo in Goldthwaite this coming weekend
Good Deal. Riley had the Jr High Finals last week and it didn't go as planned. Friday she was in Weatherford trying horses. Think we found one that will take her to the next level. Getting Vet checked this week. He has over $40k in PRCA earnings which is what w were looking for. Sat she ran in the CPRA Rodeo in San Saba. Made a nice run but not in the money. This week she will Run in Stephenville Tuesday night, Llano Friday night and Bandera Sat night. If we get this new horse we will really make a push to get to the CPRA finals.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-04-2018, 10:21 AM   #180
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Good Deal. Riley had the Jr High Finals last week and it didn't go as planned. Friday she was in Weatherford trying horses. Think we found one that will take her to the next level. Getting Vet checked this week. He has over $40k in PRCA earnings which is what w were looking for. Sat she ran in the CPRA Rodeo in San Saba. Made a nice run but not in the money. This week she will Run in Stephenville Tuesday night, Llano Friday night and Bandera Sat night. If we get this new horse we will really make a push to get to the CPRA finals.
Great. Hope you find a good horse.

My daughter has been loping the 6666 horse through the barrels for a couple of weeks now and looks good. She rode the mare yesterday as well and looked great. Excited to see what she will do with these two new horses
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-05-2018, 07:56 AM   #181
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
My daughter had a great weekend of rodeoing. She won the poles on Friday night and got some cash. Ran her fastest time ever in the barrels on Saturday night and finished one spot out of the money. She was flying through the poles on Saturday night but knocked over the last pole. If she would have been clean she would have won poles again. Got a rodeo in Goldthwaite this coming weekend
That's good stuff right there, congrats. Can't wait to see what she can do on her other horses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Good Deal. Riley had the Jr High Finals last week and it didn't go as planned. Friday she was in Weatherford trying horses. Think we found one that will take her to the next level. Getting Vet checked this week. He has over $40k in PRCA earnings which is what w were looking for. Sat she ran in the CPRA Rodeo in San Saba. Made a nice run but not in the money. This week she will Run in Stephenville Tuesday night, Llano Friday night and Bandera Sat night. If we get this new horse we will really make a push to get to the CPRA finals.
Heck Yeah Brandon. I can see big things in Riley's future...



We had an off weekend this week. Small playday Saturday and waiting on my daughter to make a decision on going to the Cowboys for Indians barrel race Sunday.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2018, 04:29 PM   #182
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Well we are headed to Goldthwaite in the morning after a couple of meetings I have. My son is going this weekend. So 3 horses and two kids will be in tow. Should be a great weekend of rodeo
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #183
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Well we are headed to Goldthwaite in the morning after a couple of meetings I have. My son is going this weekend. So 3 horses and two kids will be in tow. Should be a great weekend of rodeo
How did ya'll do in Goldthwaite?

Sarah finished out the series in Blanco strong and added another buckle to her growing collection. 3 firsts and a second place to finish in the top spot in the 8-10 division. Up next is our district 4H show next week.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 12:08 PM   #184
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Riley had a so so weekend. Made a good run in Llano and was just out of the money in the open. In Bandera I think she was 4th on Jesse. This weekend she will run in Stonewall at the Peach Jamboree !!!! I haven't been in a long time but when I was rodeoing it was one of my favorite open rodeos.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 12:37 PM   #185
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Riley had a so so weekend. Made a good run in Llano and was just out of the money in the open. In Bandera I think she was 4th on Jesse. This weekend she will run in Stonewall at the Peach Jamboree !!!! I haven't been in a long time but when I was rodeoing it was one of my favorite open rodeos.
What night is she up? Sarah and I may come watch. I was thinking of going up there since it is so close.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #186
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
What night is she up? Sarah and I may come watch. I was thinking of going up there since it is so close.
Hopefully Friday Night.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #187
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Hopefully Friday Night.
Well let me know. I think Sarah would enjoy watching Riley run.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 01:35 PM   #188
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
Well let me know. I think Sarah would enjoy watching Riley run.
Will Do. She mostly likely will be riding her new pony!!!
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 01:38 PM   #189
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
How did ya'll do in Goldthwaite?

Sarah finished out the series in Blanco strong and added another buckle to her growing collection. 3 firsts and a second place to finish in the top spot in the 8-10 division. Up next is our district 4H show next week.
Congrats to your daughter.

We did OK. My son rode the new horse on Friday night and loped a barrel and pole pattern. He had never been on the horse so it was good. On Saturday night he rode his normal horse and was not ready for the speed the horse wanted to go. He corrected him on barrels but broke the pattern in the poles.

My daughter blew past the first barrel on Friday night. She rode the new horse on Saturday night and ran a barrel and pole pattern on him about 1/2-3/4 speed and did really well on him and looked good

Overall the kids had fun and so did I but it made for a long weekend. The new horse seems like he is going to work just needs more seasoning on the barrels and poles. Everyone likes him though and we have had several people try and buy him from us. As of now he is not for sale
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 01:49 PM   #190
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Congrats to your daughter.

We did OK. My son rode the new horse on Friday night and loped a barrel and pole pattern. He had never been on the horse so it was good. On Saturday night he rode his normal horse and was not ready for the speed the horse wanted to go. He corrected him on barrels but broke the pattern in the poles.

My daughter blew past the first barrel on Friday night. She rode the new horse on Saturday night and ran a barrel and pole pattern on him about 1/2-3/4 speed and did really well on him and looked good

Overall the kids had fun and so did I but it made for a long weekend. The new horse seems like he is going to work just needs more seasoning on the barrels and poles. Everyone likes him though and we have had several people try and buy him from us. As of now he is not for sale

How late did both nights run. We went last yr and left at 2:00 in morning sad to hell with it and just donated the entry fees.LOL
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 02:03 PM   #191
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
How late did both nights run. We went last yr and left at 2:00 in morning sad to hell with it and just donated the entry fees.LOL
We made it back to Comanche at 3am Saturday morning and 3:30am Sunday morning. It was a long weekend and a ton of riders
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 02:58 PM   #192
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
We made it back to Comanche at 3am Saturday morning and 3:30am Sunday morning. It was a long weekend and a ton of riders
Yeah. Thats why I don't like going to them. So glad Riley is at the Level she can compete at the CPRA rodeos. But lord knows I've been to my share of those all day and night Marathons!!! The AJRAs aren't to bad either. Those kids at all age groups go in running all out.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 03:43 PM   #193
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Yeah. Thats why I don't like going to them. So glad Riley is at the Level she can compete at the CPRA rodeos. But lord knows I've been to my share of those all day and night Marathons!!! The AJRAs aren't to bad either. Those kids at all age groups go in running all out.
We have to pay our dues right now especially working on some new horses. Hopefully the kids will end up competitive enough to move into larger associations events. My daughter has now decided she wants to rope as well.
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 03:47 PM   #194
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowed C View Post
Tres and his partner won the The TJHR Region 8 Team Roping saddled. Tres also placed 3rd in tie down in rodeo 10. Super proud Dad!
Attachment 896653

Attachment 896654

Attachment 896655

Attachment 896656

Attachment 896657

Attachment 896658

Attachment 896659

Thats awesome!! Congrats
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 03:51 PM   #195
MasonCo.
Ten Point
 
MasonCo.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Brazoria Co
Hunt In: Brazoria Co, public land
Default

in
MasonCo. is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 03:53 PM   #196
MasonCo.
Ten Point
 
MasonCo.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Brazoria Co
Hunt In: Brazoria Co, public land
Default






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MasonCo. is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 04:14 PM   #197
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonCo. View Post





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that's good stuff right there.............
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 07:14 PM   #198
MasonCo.
Ten Point
 
MasonCo.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Brazoria Co
Hunt In: Brazoria Co, public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
that's good stuff right there.............


Thanks man


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MasonCo. is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 08:29 PM   #199
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Well it's official Riley has a new barrel pony!!! Welcome Gator, aka Tator, aka Mator aka CEO Kinda Beautiful!!! This Big grey is a proven winner in the PRCA with over $40k in winnings and more in barrel racing and amateur. I asked Riley tonight new horse new goals what are they? She said " Dad, win AJRA Finals Average, Qualify CPRA Finals win average and Rookie of the Year, Qualify for JrNfr and go back to Vegas, and to make a run for the American and run for a million dollars. ". Baby girl shoot for the moon and land amongst the stars. You now have two A team ******ez in your stable now to get you there!!! Let's go chase those dreams!!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  69.2 KB
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2018, 08:33 PM   #200
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  83.1 KB
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com