Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-08-2018, 01:38 PM   #1
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default Youth and Rodeo's 2018

I know there are a ton of kids on here that rodeo. Let's keep a thread going on what rodeo they are at and how they do this year. I love watching my daughter compete on her horse. I also enjoy watching all the other kids compete in their events.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-08-2018, 01:40 PM   #2
sambo73
Pope & Young

Hunt In: van zandt cty

great idea for thread
sambo73 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-08-2018, 01:41 PM   #3
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Here is her 1st run of the year. We told her to slow down and do the pattern correctly since she hadnt been on her horse in over 2 months due to the weather. She did good considering her age group is 8-13 and she was the youngest in her class. [URL]https://youtu.be/WA-xFIofOsc[URL]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2018, 01:44 PM   #4
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Riley kicked of her 2018 season this past weekend. She typically will compete in 50-60 rodeos/races a year. Keeps us busy.
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #5
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Open to Offers

Well, I wish that I didn't have anything to post on this thread. My youngest son has started to ride Bulls now and while I'm proud, I would rather him do something else. I watched him ride 4 bulls Saturday night and he got hung up on two of them. even though he's 17 (going on 25) I don't like seeing my boy get hurt. Any way, I wish I would have had a better camera with me.
Attached Images

Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-08-2018, 02:53 PM   #6
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
Well, I wish that I didn't have anything to post on this thread. My youngest son has started to ride Bulls now and while I'm proud, I would rather him do something else. I watched him ride 4 bulls Saturday night and he got hung up on two of them. even though he's 17 (going on 25) I don't like seeing my boy get hurt. Any way, I wish I would have had a better camera with me.
The absolute best thing you can do for your son is enroll him in a quality Bullriding school. I would recommend Gary Leffew or Ted Nuce school. Learning the fundamentals and basics properly will greatly reduce injuries. Its inevitable that youre going to get hurt. But learning the right way from the beginning is huge advantage.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #7
BigWes
Eight Point

Hunt In: Grimes County

Bowhuntertex, I've got an 8 year old daughter getting into barrel racing also. She started learning 2 summers ago. Since then, she's just been racing at the ranch where she takes lessons. My MIL (who raced back in the 70's) bought a horse for her to ride about 3 months ago. She's just now getting close to being able to compete on her and we're looking for places to take her.

So far we've found the Suburban Riding Club in Tomball and I heard about a place in Willis. Where can I find more rodeos? Is there an organization that organizes youth rodeos?
BigWes is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-08-2018, 03:33 PM   #8
BrandonA
Pope & Young

BigWes congratulations on your daughter. Mine has been competing since she was 3. I would start by taking her to playdays etc. Those usually aren't as tough as organized youth association rodeos such as YRA, AJRA, CTYRA etc. The YRA is a great association and produces some top cowboys. They have a lot of rodeos in East Texas.

Check out the Cowboy Sports News to find events near you. http://www.cowboysportsnews.com

http://www.yratx.com/Home_Page.html
Old 01-08-2018, 03:40 PM   #9
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Stonewall County

We will be hitting the rodeo events shortly. My 10 year old daughter competes. She will be riding her step up horse that I bought 2 years ago. She has ridden the horse several times but has not competed on it yet. The little mare has been in training for 2 years and getting hauled. Should be a good year
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-08-2018, 03:51 PM   #10
BigWes
Eight Point

Hunt In: Grimes County

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
BigWes congratulations on your daughter. Mine has been competing since she was 3. I would start by taking her to playdays etc. Those usually aren't as tough as organized youth association rodeos such as YRA, AJRA, CTYRA etc. The YRA is a great association and produces some top cowboys. They have a lot of rodeos in East Texas.

Check out the Cowboy Sports News to find events near you. http://www.cowboysportsnews.com

http://www.yratx.com/Home_Page.html
I though yours looked pretty confident on her horse, like she's been doing it for a while. Thanks for the tip. I'll have to find some playdays and see how things progress from there.
BigWes is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-08-2018, 05:22 PM   #11
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWes View Post
I though yours looked pretty confident on her horse, like she's been doing it for a while. Thanks for the tip. I'll have to find some playdays and see how things progress from there.
No problem. One thing I would encourage is taking her somewhere where she can be competitive and win. Winning at an early age builds confidence. If I can help you in anyway let me no. Good luck to you guys.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:32 PM   #12
El Forajido
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any Tree stand in Texas ✭

Quote:
The absolute best thing you can do for your son is enroll him in a quality Bullriding school. I would recommend Gary Leffew or Ted Nuce school. Learning the fundamentals and basics properly will greatly reduce injuries. Its inevitable that youre going to get hurt. But learning the right way from the beginning is huge advantage.
Great advice. Those two gentlemen are world-class, for any youngins looking to get some hair on their rowels
El Forajido is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-08-2018, 05:34 PM   #13
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young

Quote:
If you have any cowboy churches around you most put on monthly play days.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:46 PM   #14
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Bowhuntertex, I've got an 8 year old daughter getting into barrel racing also. She started learning 2 summers ago. Since then, she's just been racing at the ranch where she takes lessons. My MIL (who raced back in the 70's) bought a horse for her to ride about 3 months ago. She's just now getting close to being able to compete on her and we're looking for places to take her.

So far we've found the Suburban Riding Club in Tomball and I heard about a place in Willis. Where can I find more rodeos? Is there an organization that organizes youth rodeos?
Like Brandon said find sime local playdays, best place to start. We are in transition from play days to barrel races this year. Will still do a few play days to keep practicing between barrel races.

As suggested check with local cowboys churches and also look at tour county 4H. The one Saturday was for the 4H and if she does that good again this Saturday she will move onto regiinals and then possible State. You can also search play days in and near the county you are in and you should ve able to find some. That is how I found most of the ones my daughter started at.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:06 AM   #15
BrandonA
Pope & Young

I will also add .. Set goals, reasonable goals. Something they can obtain. It may be as simple making clean runs under a certain time, making a qualified ride, finish in the top 10, top 5 etc... Don't enter your kid and put the expectation for her or him to win the whole thing right away, even though that's the ultimate. Set goals based on their ability. I promise you as they grow and build confidence those little goals turn into big goals . Kids make mistakes and let them learn. Nothing kills a kids confidence more than a parent chewing their *** for not making the perfect run or winning ride. Always start the critique with a positive thought and end with a positive thought. Sometimes you have to dig deep to find it but it's imperative that you do.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:56 AM   #16
texasair
Six Point

I don't know if they are still doing it up in Marshall, Texas, but years ago my daughter learned a lot at the Martha Josey barrel racing clinics.
texasair is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2018, 01:43 AM   #17
BowPro73
Eight Point

She's the reason I'm not holding a new Triax, but it's all good. If she's loving to live her dream, them I'm happy to help her follow it. Whoop and ride!! It's tough to juggle between a daughter that wants to barrel race one day, and then gearing up a boat the next to get the son on the bass!! Adulthood struggles... lol.

BowPro73 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2018, 01:49 AM   #18
BowPro73
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggslayer View Post
well, i wish that i didn't have anything to post on this thread. My youngest son has started to ride bulls now and while i'm proud, i would rather him do something else. I watched him ride 4 bulls saturday night and he got hung up on two of them. Even though he's 17 (going on 25) i don't like seeing my boy get hurt. Any way, i wish i would have had a better camera with me.
beast mode!!!!
BowPro73 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2018, 07:17 AM   #19
Calfroper81
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hempstead & Mexia

Quote:

Suburban riding club is a great place for kids to go and learn to ride and compete. It is really cheap and allows them to advance in there riding until they are ready to step up another level after they gain there confidence. I grew up riding there and used to go there every Saturday night. Still know the people that run it and they are great people and its a very friendly environment. Definitely a place I would recommend for you to check out. Once they gain there confidence and are ready to step up then I would recommend YRA, TYRA, CTYRA etc... like Brandon suggested. We have been to all of those as well when we were growing up and they are a lot tougher. Parents will mortage there house to buy there kids a high dollar horse lol. Good luck and as long as the kids put in the effort and have a great time then that is all that matters.
Calfroper81 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2018, 10:55 AM   #20
Gary Roberson
Eight Point

Barrel chasing and roping can be very expensive hobbies. Luckily, I grew up on a ranch where were raised a few horses and had our on lighted pen and roped our own stock. Gas was 30 cents a gallon and we did not have to have all the new $100,000 trucks and trailers. Rodeo was huge in those days and every little town had their own annual rodeo.
I still try to keep up with Tanner Green and London Gorham as they are my best buddy's Grand Kids but the number of kids competing seems to be on the decline.
Last year, we did a couple of TV shows with Shorty Gorham on CARNIVORE and I must admit that I really got interested in the bullfighting and bullfighting schools. I hope that rodeo can survive as it is part of our history.
Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2018, 12:05 PM   #21
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasair View Post
I don't know if they are still doing it up in Marshall, Texas, but years ago my daughter learned a lot at the Martha Josey barrel racing clinics.
I am hoping to get my daughter in one of her schools/clinics this coming summer.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:08 PM   #22
wtx223
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX

Find a different hobby, any hobby no matter how expensive.
Will be MUCH cheaper than rodeo.
wtx223 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2018, 01:28 PM   #23
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtx223 View Post
I knew what I was getting into with my daughter. I grew up around rodeo. But yes if you don't know how expensive it can get you could probably play 2-3 select sports year round and still be much cheaper.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:37 PM   #24
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:

What are you talking about? I figured a guarantee way to make a small fortune in rodeo....start with a very large one.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:49 PM   #25
wtx223
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX

Quote:
What are you talking about? I figured a guarantee way to make a small fortune in rodeo....start with a very large one.
Lmao.
In the next 4 weeks we have to take my daughter to Tucson, Fort Worth and San Antonio. I live so far out here Tucson is only a little over five hours away, much closer than the other 2.

Going to go bang my head against the wall for a bit now.
wtx223 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2018, 02:10 PM   #26
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young

Well you all could be adding stockshow to the rodeos like I had to. Last year I hauled my daughter to Fort Worth, San Antonio, Houston, State Fair and Heart of Texas Fair as well as about 15 rodeos and I don’t remember how many different play days and horse camps we went to. We all had a good time though and my daughter learned a ton.

This year we have 4 different horses on feed and 4 show goats on feed. We will be busy busy busy starting this weekend with the Fort Worth Livestock Judging competition until the end of summer. You can add select Baseball on top of that for my son.

Last edited by aggie2000tx; 01-09-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #27
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Well you all could be adding stockshow to the rodeos like I had to. Last year I hauled my daughter to Fort Worth, San Antonio, Houston, State Fair and Heart of Texas Fair as well as about 15 rodeos and I donít remember how many different play days and horse camps we went to. We all had a good time though and my daughter learned a ton.
Riley does the Stockshows as well
Old 01-15-2018, 09:47 AM   #28
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

My daughter had a pretty good weekend at the Hays County Livestock Show Horse show. She only competed in the 4 speed events in the JR division (8-13) and won all 4 events and High point for speed. She is the youngest in her class. Super proud of how well she rode Saturday.

Just signed her up for the San Antonio Stock Show Youth Rodeo today.

Name:  Sarah 1.jpg
Views: 1534
Size:  173.6 KB

Name:  Sarah 2.jpg
Views: 1529
Size:  156.2 KB

Name:  Sarah 3.jpg
Views: 1529
Size:  153.1 KB

Name:  Sarah 4.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  143.4 KB

Name:  buckle.jpg
Views: 1518
Size:  191.6 KB
Old 01-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #29
125Dad
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coke Co.

Quote:
Try motocross.
125Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #30
hammer63
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kinney Co.TX

Quote:
^^^This is solid advice^^^
hammer63 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2018, 02:18 PM   #31
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 125Dad View Post
Try motocross.
Won't even come close to rodeo if your all in.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:37 PM   #32
justin81
Eight Point

Hunt In: TX, MN, SD

My son has always wanted to mutton busting and my daughter is taking horse riding lessons now.

Does anyone know something around the Austin/Bastrop area where we can go watch other kids?
justin81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2018, 04:43 PM   #33
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin81 View Post
My son has always wanted to mutton busting and my daughter is taking horse riding lessons now.

Does anyone know something around the Austin/Bastrop area where we can go watch other kids?
Liberty Hill Cowboy Church used to have a playday series. Cody and Jamie Ross put it on. Very good place for kids to get started. Will takes his daughter to the Blanco cowboy church series and it seems legit.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #34
justin81
Eight Point

Hunt In: TX, MN, SD

Thanks Brandon I will check them out
justin81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2018, 07:37 AM   #35
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin81 View Post

Lots of playdays and youth rodeos getting ready to kick off. I will shoot you a PM with my number. Text me and I will send you dates and times of local stuff. How old is your daughter.

Blanco Cowboy Church Spring Series starts March 4th at Noon. Come out and join us for church before hand (starts at 10:00am) and eat lunch and then enjoy the playday. Heck if your daughter and control her horse she can enter. Entry fee is coming to church before hand. Lots of fun for the kids on a Sunday afternoon and will be more than happy to help her out.

Last edited by bowhuntertex; 02-06-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:10 AM   #36
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Default Playdays and Youth Rodeo Dates

These are the playdays and youth rodeos that I know of as of right now. Still waiting on a couple that we normally go to, to announce their dates.

Bluebonnet Barrel Racing Association (Mostly around San Antonio):
You can find more info at http://bluebonnetbarrelracingassoc.com/
10 Race Series Barrel Race and Poles
Day Races-Books open at 9am, Race starts at 1pm
March 3rd Day Race Bexar County Sheriffs Posse Arena (San Antonio)
April 21st Day Race Draggin S Arena (San Antonio)
May 12th-13th Day Race Hondo Rodeo Arena (Hondo)
June 16th Day Race Cactus Corral Arena (San Antonio)
June 30th Rain Date Night Race Bexar County Sheriffs Posse Arena (SA)
August 18th-19th Day Race Uvalde Rodeo Arena (Uvalde)
September 8th Night Race (TBA)
September 22nd Night Race (TBA)
October 20th Day Race 7AL Arena (San Antonio)
October 21st Rain Date Day Race 7AL Arena (San Antonio)
November 17th-18th Day Race JB Wells Arena (Gonzales)

Blanco Cowboy Church Spring Series Playday:
Entry fee is coming to church before the playday. Church starts at 10:00am and Playday starts at noon. Meal is served after church. Must have current coggins. 3 maybe 4 events. Barrels, Poles, and Baseball. Fun for the whole family.
March 4th
April 8th
May 6th

Blanco Rodeo Association Spring and Fall Series Playdays:
Books open at 8am and playday starts at 9am. Playday is held at the Yett Park arena.
April 14th (Spring Series)
May 12th (Spring Series)
June 9th (Spring Series)
September 8th (Fall Series)
October 13th (Fall Series)
November 10th (Fall Series)

I am still waiting on dates for the Helotes Youth Rodeo Association and the Comal County Sheriffs Posse playdays and youth rodeos. Williamson County sheriffs posse also holds playdays. there are a few more that I am still looking for dates to be announced and will share those once I know about them.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:19 AM   #37
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Almost forgot about this one.

Alamo Area Youth Horse Association (this is a youth rodeo and horse show):
Horse show is Saturday and speed events are on Sunday's. Skipped this one this spring because we missed the 1st one. Will probably enter up in the fall series if it doesn't conflict with other's we are committed to. This looks to be a great little series and will definitely be doing this one in the future.
Takes place at the San Antonio Rose Palace
http://www.aayha.org/
January 7th Spring Series (missed)
April 8th Spring Series
June 3rd Spring Series (double point show)
September 2nd Fall Series
October 7th Fall Series (double point show)
December 2nd Fall Series
Old 02-06-2018, 10:47 AM   #38
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

this is another good one but it conflicts most every date we are committed to. Hoping their fall series will be on open weekends.

Youth Horse Club of the Hill Country:
http://www.yhchc.org/home.html
Kendall County Youth Agriculture & Equestrian Center
March 24
April 14
April 21
May 5
May 12

I believe Brandon's niece competes in this one.
Heart of the Hills Barrel Racing Association:
https://hhbra.com/
Sun, March 4 ~ Kerrville
Sat/Sun, April 7 & 8~ Uvalde
Sat/Sun, April 28 & 29 ~ Llano
Sat/Sun, May 26 & 27 ~ Uvalde
Sat/Sun, June 23 & 24 ~ Uvalde
Sat/Sun, August 4 & 5 ~ Llano
Sat, Sept. 15 ~Finals @ Kerrville Banquet & Awards

Last edited by bowhuntertex; 02-06-2018 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:00 PM   #39
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young

I know for sure we will be at the Lometa Junior Rodeo, Gustine Junior Rodeo, Comanche Junior Rodeo, Mullin Junior Rodeo and Blanket Junior Rodeo. We will do several other play days and barrel racing’s throughout the spring and summer

No one has posted dates yet for any of those

We will also do some team sorting events with Leon River Cowboy Church in Eastland

Last edited by aggie2000tx; 02-06-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:10 PM   #40
Ruark
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere close by

Rodeo is wonderful but I hate to see young kids kids on rough stock. I saw a 17 year old boy in a high school rodeo get paralyzed from the eyes down when he flew off a bareback. It was right in front of me, and I thought what if that were my son? That kid had his whole life ruined, and for what? I never forgot it. Sorry for the negative post.
Ruark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2018, 12:57 PM   #41
Arrowed C
Six Point

About 3 years ago my youngest son told me he was not playing anymore baseball like his older brothers did. We were at the ranch hunting when he stated he had something to tell me. He said "Dad I do not want to play baseball anymore, deep in my heart I am a Cowboy and want to rodeo" as he ponded his chest. I leaned over looked him straight in the eye and said son do what you want, I will support you. We have not looked back as he follows the footsteps of his Papa and Great Uncles. We are having a blast.

Name:  19149076_1361837740520360_5386787317152030640_n.jpg
Views: 1266
Size:  77.6 KB

Name:  4002A.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  65.3 KB

Name:  1532B.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  64.3 KB

Name:  1533B.jpg
Views: 1266
Size:  64.5 KBAttachment 895656

Attachment 895657 ATTACH]895658[/ATTACH]

Last edited by Arrowed C; 02-06-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Arrowed C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2018, 01:11 PM   #42
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowed C View Post
About 3 years ago my youngest son told me he was not playing anymore baseball like his older brothers did. We were at the ranch hunting when he stated he had something to tell me. He said "Dad I do not want to play baseball anymore, deep in my heart I am a Cowboy and want to rodeo" as he ponded his chest. I leaned over looked him straight in the eye and said son do what you want, I will support you. We have not looked back as he follows the footsteps of his Papa and Great Uncles. We are having a blast.
Attachment 895656

Attachment 895657

Attachment 895658
That's good stuff right there.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:19 PM   #43
SCREAMINREELS
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brenham, SHNF

Quote:

Suburban is a good place to get started and small/can learn alot. Some of my family members still have records there that haven't been beat yet. You start showing up and she will make friends and see where others are riding

Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 02-06-2018 at 01:23 PM.
SCREAMINREELS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2018, 01:34 PM   #44
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruark View Post
Rodeo is wonderful but I hate to see young kids kids on rough stock. I saw a 17 year old boy in a high school rodeo get paralyzed from the eyes down when he flew off a bareback. It was right in front of me, and I thought what if that were my son? That kid had his whole life ruined, and for what? I never forgot it. Sorry for the negative post.
I understand where you are coming from. But injuries can happen in any sport. Being a former Bareback rider and bullrider I knew the risk I was taking. That being said I did everything in my power to reduce that risk. That meant going to the best schools, best equipment, and not getting on stock that was out of my league.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:32 PM   #45
Bowtech08
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Austin, Burleson

Tanner started the 2018 season with a buck off . He had to step up in class this year so heís going to have to work hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bowtech08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2018, 07:54 AM   #46
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech08 View Post

Tanner started the 2018 season with a buck off . He had to step up in class this year so heís going to have to work hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the more you get bucked off the harder you try...........
Old 02-12-2018, 09:42 AM   #47
Arrowed C
Six Point

Tres and his partner won the The TJHR Region 8 Team Roping saddled. Tres also placed 3rd in tie down in rodeo 10. Super proud Dad!
Name:  58A95474-7D9F-4825-88CD-B5C33F3389E0.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  63.5 KB

Name:  B5798C68-E4BB-4678-9ECE-6F4F7C7C9C99.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  80.7 KB

Name:  9C7D1A77-7EAC-4058-BE81-3A081527E86D.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  79.7 KB

Name:  EDDA9518-3327-4E5E-9DF6-D4E6437C9F4C.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  73.2 KB

Name:  943E9ED9-2AAC-4A1D-86A1-3DF67F88AFEA.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  75.0 KB

Name:  6B68345D-A188-4D16-988F-A01728980C42.jpg
Views: 1153
Size:  73.8 KB

Name:  7D49CD40-CF12-457C-B1A5-1BBAFBC113B5.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  72.5 KB
Arrowed C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 09:51 AM   #48
diamond10x
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kinney and Bexar counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer63 View Post
^^^This is solid advice^^^
Definitely second or third this one. Learning the right way at a Sankey camp when I was young helped a lot. Then attending a Bullrider Coach camp with Wiley Peterson and learning how to win and stay healthy made a big turning point in my career.
diamond10x is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #49
Poolman2001
Four Point

Hunt In: Freer

cowboy up
Poolman2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2018, 02:56 PM   #50
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowed C View Post
Tres and his partner won the The TJHR Region 8 Team Roping saddled. Tres also placed 3rd in tie down in rodeo 10. Super proud Dad!
Attachment 896653

Attachment 896654

Attachment 896655

Attachment 896656

Attachment 896657

Attachment 896658

Attachment 896659
Congrats to your boy.