Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 07-23-2018, 11:41 AM   #51
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post

Come on. There is no need for that.
See smiley face. I gotta hit a ball when itís hanging over the plate.
M16 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2018, 11:49 AM   #52
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
The smiley face was the reason for the HAHA - I get it
jer_james is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2018, 01:00 PM   #53
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
The smiley face was the reason for the HAHA - I get it
OOps. Sorry guys. My bad.
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2018, 01:03 PM   #54
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Well that is a good point, but there is certainly an expectation of privacy.
I too would be furious if my own lawyer was recording our conversations without telling me, but hey, if you hire a shady lawyer, expect him to do shady ****.

If I had Trump's dough, I'd have hired a lawyer with a firm: firms live on their reputation, and recording clients calls would destroy a firm's rep.
sir shovelhands is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2018, 07:03 PM   #55
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Let's see here. Client is a billionaire. Lawyer is a crook. Tapes of conversations should be worth a few million in a blackmail that no one ever knows about.
There's only one obstacle. Somebody found out about the tape, legally or illegally, the cat is out of the bag.
muzzlebrake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2018, 07:14 PM   #56
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

If this was the clintons thered be a desert hole packed full of lawyers and hookers
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 09:22 PM   #57
Barrett
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tarpley

Nothing illegal on the tape what so ever. Only points towards his knowledge about potential pay off, which never happened.
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 07:16 AM   #58
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Nothing illegal on the tape what so ever. Only points towards his knowledge about potential pay off, which never happened.
Yup. Just more of the smear campaign. Pathetic.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:39 PM   #59
donpablo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land

Trump's sleazy. What the libs don't realize is that 99.9% of those of us who voted for him already knew that when we voted for him. But I have to admit I'd rather them waste time then figure out something effective.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 03:04 PM   #60
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

I think Trump is sleazy. And I think Cohen is sleazy.

I dont really see why Cohen taped their conversations. But Cohen never played the card. His office was raided by the Feds, to look into Russia, and somehow the Feds found some recordings, that relate to Trump and a chick. Nothing illegal mind you, just really a business transaction. Still dont know Cohen taped it though.

If Cohen releases the tapes, wouldnt that kind of make him a pariah in the legal community? It shows everyone that he illegally records his clients, the people who are hiring him to protect them. I dont know a client or even a lawyer that would want to work with him going forward. I would think his legal career is over.

Who else has access to the taped conversations? Maybe the Feds. Lets see they leak it to the press (it is really just a smear campaign anyways), and it makes Cohen look sleazy. And it makes Trump also look sleazy. And then the Feds (Mueller) get to say, hey man we told you these guys were sleazy, and they come off as the good guys even though they are the real criminals. I mean, I know I have typed crazier things on here
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2018, 10:32 AM   #61
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mcmullen County

Cohen may be a pariah in the legal community after this, but he'll be a martyr in the liberal community. I'm sure Soros and Co. will ensure he is well taken care of.
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2018, 11:02 AM   #62
batmaninja
Ten Point

I dont disagree.

Somehow, Choen has retained the services of a lawyer (Lanny Davis) that defended Bill when he was cigaring ladies in the White House. Defended Weiner when he was pedophiling teenagers online. And Hillary when she was wiping servers clean in her bathroom. This is one of his shorter clips, there are a lot out there, he likes to hear himself talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-letbuyX_h0
Old 07-26-2018, 11:58 AM   #63
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

It's a stretch to hold a lie regarding an extra marital affair over any politicians head (or anyone else for that matter) Man, woman or other...standard procedure is to deny until caught, then lie some more. It's not until the spunk stained dress shows up before the apologizing with crocodile tears happens.

Only the haters care anything about this being a lie. Most Americans don't give a crap what happens in their personal lives. I don't understand cohen & lanny's angle either & does seem rather foolish other than to embarrass??
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-27-2018, 10:11 AM   #64
Rcole1310
Eight Point

Hunt In: Brackettville,TX

Quote:
How anyone can still claim this investigation is legit is beyond me. It's clearly an investigation of person in an attempt to find a crime.

Freaking ridiculous. You'd have to be full on boot licker status to support it at this point.

The fact it's being led by a man with a history of being a complete POS just makes it even better.

Well... I HOPE it is legit. I kinda agree with you at this point. He needs to produce or get off the pot. If this turns out to be a big nothing burger, there should be consequences for Mueller. But... Trump lied about the affairs so itís a fair assumption that he possibly lied about collusion. Who knows. Iíd LOVE if one Friday Mueller just started dropping one indictment after the other with solid, smoking gun evidence and testimony. An impeachment within 72 hrs and Pence sitting in the Oval immediately after that. At least the evangelical conservatives could feel a bit less hypocritical expressing support for a republican president.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rcole1310 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-27-2018, 10:21 AM   #65
Buff
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

Is there any time limit on Mueller ?
Will they just keep trying to dig up dirt for the next 7 years while Trump is president ?
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-27-2018, 10:49 AM   #66
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcole1310 View Post
Trump lied about the affairs so it’s a fair assumption that he possibly lied about collusion.
When did he do this? I mean Clinton lied about his affairs until somebody found DNA proof on a dress, does that mean it is fair to assume he colluded? Clinton bought off questionable chicks for more money than Trump ever did. As far as I am concerned Trump is more Trust worthy than his accusers. I mean why else do you sign a NDA.

So, now their is another secret tape. That contradicts the first secret tape. Yawn. Mueller is currently looking through Donnie's old tweets trying to find something to go after him. That isnt a joke, that is where this investigation is, after how much money and time that has been spent. That is the "hope" that yall are clinging to at the moment.

Michael Cohen, President Trump's former lawyer, secretly recorded a conversation with CNN's Chris Cuomo and admitted in the tape to arranging—on his own—a $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels in 2016........

The recording—which is about two-hours long—included topics ranging from the alleged years-old Trump affair with the former **** star to the payment, the report said. The reported tape could potentially be used by the White House to distance Trump from the Daniels payment and damage Cohen’s character.

Cohen reportedly assured Cuomo that he was not taping their conversation, and put the phone in his desk drawer. The phone appears to record the whole conversation.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:01 AM   #67
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Well... I HOPE it is legit. I kinda agree with you at this point. He needs to produce or get off the pot. If this turns out to be a big nothing burger, there should be consequences for Mueller. But... Trump lied about the affairs so it’s a fair assumption that he possibly lied about collusion. Who knows. I’d LOVE if one Friday Mueller just started dropping one indictment after the other with solid, smoking gun evidence and testimony. An impeachment within 72 hrs and Pence sitting in the Oval immediately after that. At least the evangelical conservatives could feel a bit less hypocritical expressing support for a republican president.

You just showed your bias on your sleeve.The investigation is not legit and wasn't from the get go, period. That has been proven time and time again. The fact that so many people are ok with that as long as Mueller gets him is frightening. If you investigate anyone for long enough, you can find something on them. Given Mueller's history of with-holding evidence that would have exonerated innocent men just so he could uphold the FBI's wrongful arrest, it is even more frightening. The man is corrupt to the core and the investigation is corrupt to the core. We don't even know what he is investigating anymore. First it was campaign members links to Russia, now it is squeezing lawyers to get information about his sex life. It's pathetic, disgusting and Anti American. Anyone who supports it is the same. The ironic thing is they're accusing him of colluding with Russia while they themselves are using Soviet style secret police tactics.

Anyone with any investigative/prosecuting authority investigating an American citizen in order to find a crime should be put before a firing squad.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:25 AM   #68
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Well... I HOPE it is legit. I kinda agree with you at this point. He needs to produce or get off the pot. If this turns out to be a big nothing burger, there should be consequences for Mueller. But... Trump lied about the affairs so itís a fair assumption that he possibly lied about collusion. Who knows. Iíd LOVE if one Friday Mueller just started dropping one indictment after the other with solid, smoking gun evidence and testimony. An impeachment within 72 hrs and Pence sitting in the Oval immediately after that. At least the evangelical conservatives could feel a bit less hypocritical expressing support for a republican president.

I didn't like Obama one stinking bit but I would have stood with him and defended him if this type of investigation were happening to him. Never understood the lefts ability to throw away principles, values and common sense at moments notice because they disagree with someone. Or maybe it is because they never had any to throw away to begin with.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #69
jer_james
Ten Point

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/27/cohe...-happened.html
Old 07-27-2018, 11:58 AM   #70
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
They were reporting that several days ago when news of the tape came out. First they reported he had it on tape, then he admitted he had no proof but would give his side of the story. Dude is a grade A slime ball playing Mueller's game to cover his own butt.

What would it matter anyways? Nothing illegal took place in that meeting.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:21 PM   #71
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
They were reporting that several days ago when news of the tape came out. First they reported he had it on tape, then he admitted he had no proof but would give his side of the story. Dude is a grade A slime ball playing Mueller's game to cover his own butt.

What would it matter anyways? Nothing illegal took place in that meeting.
Of all the conspiracy theories yall can come up with - nothing here ...
Old 07-27-2018, 12:36 PM   #72
Rcole1310
Eight Point

Quote:
You just showed your bias on your sleeve.The investigation is not legit and wasn't from the get go, period. That has been proven time and time again. The fact that so many people are ok with that as long as Mueller gets him is frightening. If you investigate anyone for long enough, you can find something on them. Given Mueller's history of with-holding evidence that would have exonerated innocent men just so he could uphold the FBI's wrongful arrest, it is even more frightening.

I am biased because, as Iíve said here several times, I think Trump is a ego maniacal, low-life, whoís not nearly as smart as he wants folks to believe. IMO he sets the bar lower for the office. We are now willing to accept ANYONE to lead our country as long as the 401kís keep going up and the illegals canít get in. Itís a slippery slope.
HOWEVER.... Iím NOT biased with regard to the investigation. If he has something, show it. Or shut it down!

But Clay based on your post youíve already discredited the outcome of the investigation. Whatever it is. Youíre a Trump guy. I get it, your willing to accept anything he does. Itís identity politics at its finest.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:06 PM   #73
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
We are now willing to accept ANYONE to lead our country as long as the 401kís keep going up and the illegals canít get in.

you just used to huge positives to try to bolster a point that is negative.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-27-2018, 01:52 PM   #74
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Of all the conspiracy theories yall can come up with - nothing here ...
?? What conspiracy theories have I come up with?

I'm not the one saying "nothing here". The evidence, or lack thereof, is.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:56 PM   #75
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
I am biased because, as I’ve said here several times, I think Trump is a ego maniacal, low-life, who’s not nearly as smart as he wants folks to believe. IMO he sets the bar lower for the office. We are now willing to accept ANYONE to lead our country as long as the 401k’s keep going up and the illegals can’t get in. It’s a slippery slope.
HOWEVER.... I’m NOT biased with regard to the investigation. If he has something, show it. Or shut it down!

But Clay based on your post you’ve already discredited the outcome of the investigation. Whatever it is. You’re a Trump guy. I get it, your willing to accept anything he does. It’s identity politics at its finest.

So you're okay with the federal government using bogus means to investigate someone until they find a crime as long as you think that person is a moron? Got it. Slippery slope is right, you just aimed it in the wrong direction.

I didn't discredit the investigation. They have done that themselves.

Last edited by Clay C; 07-27-2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:44 PM   #76
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
HOWEVER.... Iím NOT biased with regard to the investigation. If he has something, show it. Or shut it down!
Which one? Russia/Trump, Trump and the P star, Trump and the model, the campaign interference, Trumps tweets. Which one has shown some proof of something criminal happening?

Ohhhh, I know the answer! The investigation into Clinton bathroom server. The investigation into the Clinton foundation. The investigation into Benghazi. The investigation into Fat Donna leaking questions. The investigation into the DNC sticking it to, I comb my hair with a balloon, Bernie. But yea, no body is biased here
Old 07-27-2018, 04:59 PM   #77
Rcole1310
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
Which one? Russia/Trump, Trump and the P star, Trump and the model, the campaign interference, Trumps tweets. Which one has shown some proof of something criminal happening?

Ohhhh, I know the answer! The investigation into Clinton bathroom server. The investigation into the Clinton foundation. The investigation into Benghazi. The investigation into Fat Donna leaking questions. The investigation into the DNC sticking it to, I comb my hair with a balloon, Bernie. But yea, no body is biased here

No one is saying there isnít bias. Of course there is. But how about this? Instead of the immediate response when trump screws something up being ďwell what about the Clintons this, or yeah but Obama thatĒ how about saying ď how about holding him accountable for his screw ups and giving him credit when deserved. Same for the left. When Obama was in office he screwed something up his supportersí first response was ďyeah but Bush started this war, or the economy was already crashed when Obama came inĒ.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:55 PM   #78
jer_james
Ten Point

Never stop trying to prosecute Hillary !!!

Leave Trump alone and stop digging !!!
Old 07-28-2018, 08:42 AM   #79
batmaninja
Ten Point

I am not sure I would label what they are doing to Trump is digging, but OK. Like others have said, if they don't have anything by now, it is just a crooked fishing expedition at this point. I agree that a race to the bottom doesn't help anyone, it is more the irony how some attack Trump for supposed vices, while overlooking the same in their own tribe.

With the GDP numbers I will take the bad with the all of the good. Trump isn't blaming the last guy in office, he is making things happen with the little he has. Making a lot happen really. I liken him to a boss or CEO that makes some off color jokes, has a weak handshake, looks a pictures he shouldn't at work, eats other people's lunches, or is an arrogant *****, I don't have to like his every move, but I can respect his performance on the job. So far I greatly respect Trumps performance on the job.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:34 AM   #80
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Never stop trying to prosecute Hillary !!!

Leave Trump alone and stop digging !!!
Say it ain't so. Da boy done seen da light. Thank you Jesus. Hallelujah.
Can I get an AMEN here dear brothers and sisters?
muzzlebrake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2018, 10:20 AM   #81
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Say it ain't so. Da boy done seen da light. Thank you Jesus. Hallelujah.
Can I get an AMEN here dear brothers and sisters?
I think he just wanted to see what it felt like to be in an echo chamber.....for a minute.
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top