skinning a 6'x6'x6' deer blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skinning a 6'x6'x6' deer blind

I'm terrible at math and building things in general.

How are you guys going about skinning a 6x6x6 blind without having a ton of cut off plywood

Use lap siding in 12 foot pieces....

Comment

4 4x8 sheets of whatever will do all 4 sides. Corrugated on top and maybe one more sheet for the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        4 4x8 sheets of whatever will do all 4 sides. Corrugated on top and maybe one more sheet for the floor.
        Ok that's what I needed to know. I will do corrugated top and already have wood for the floor

Comment

Hmm. I know you're a teacher, but it must not be in math.

Comment

You will need 6 -- 4x8 pieces.....2 of those will be cut in half to finish out each side...

Comment

so each side will be 4x6 on the bottom and then 2x6 on the top to make 6x6 right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                Hmm. I know you're a teacher, but it must not be in math.
                True and fat fingers on an I-phone snd s little bit of lubrication in the deer lease RV. 6 4x8 pieces. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
                  so each side will be 4x6 on the bottom and then 2x6 on the top to make 6x6 right?
                  You could do it that way...Personally I would do them vertical but I'm a carpenter by trade so that's what I am used to doing...

Comment

How nice you want it to look. You can do it with 4 and an extra half sheet with no leftover

Comment

Originally posted by Lazyman View Post
                      You could do it that way...Personally I would do them vertical but I'm a carpenter by trade so that's what I am used to doing...
                      I will do it that way then if it's the proper way to do it. Hoping to learn a lot about building things out of wood by doing this blind myself.

I've built platforms before but never the box to go on top

Comment

so doing 4x6 side by side with a 2x6 what would be the best way to stagger my windows to go along with the seam?

I was thinking Vertical square Vertical using deerview windows

Comment

Use the smart siding and they have over lapping lips built in

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
                            so doing 4x6 side by side with a 2x6 what would be the best way to stagger my windows to go along with the seam?

I was thinking Vertical square Vertical using deerview windows
                            I'll try and get some inside pics of mine...It's gonna be easier for you to see instead of explain....Basically you can put a 2x4 vertical wherever the seam is up to underneath where your window will start...If you are using 2x4's...

Comment

my advice is put either plywood under the tin on the roof or some of that blue foam insulation on the roof if you don't the tin will sweat on cold frosty mornings and drip water on your head

Comment

Working...
                              X