No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although on the downside the Pulsar at that price point won't do any kind of video out, as I understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
      Thanks Jason.
      He’s decided to hold off for now. It sounds like price and quality are both improving at a good clip.

If he changes his mind I’ll have him give you a call.
      Sounds good. Yes sir you are correct, the price is going down and the quality is going up. It's a great time to get into thermal, that's for sure and I think because of the pricing/quality/features the market is going to continue to grow for the near future.

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
      Although on the downside the Pulsar at that price point won't do any kind of video out, as I understand it.
      That is correct. The RXQ30V has no video out of any kind. As long as you aren't interested in recording video, it's a great scope, but if video is important, the FLIR PTS233 or the Pulsar Apex XQ38 are you two next best options.

Comment

This pair of hogs was called in from 300 yards using the Convergent Hunting Solutions Bullet HP electronic caller. The call used was created by Glenn Guess and is titled "Sow Histeria." Shots were fired at 105 yards. There is no sound on these units, so just whisper "pew pew pew" to yourself while watching the shooting.

I want to thank Jason at Outdoor Legacy Gear again for this purchase. I got on his preorder list and he answered all of my questions (which probably numbered in the thousands :/), and took great care of me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PMX55DgEXI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PMX55DgEXI[/ame]
        Attached Files

Comment

Heck ya! Great video and great shooting. I've only tried calling hogs once when I had a litter hanging around in one area but nothing came. I have no doubt it works, your video proves it, but you just can't be calling to dead air. I'm going to have to break out the call again soon.

Glad you are enjoying the PTS233, I'm glad I could help.

- Jason

Comment

I've been reading this thread for the past few days. Are the digital scopes worth buying at this point? I'd rather not spend $2k+ on a scope but don't want to waste $1k on digital.
            I'll be putting it on a Colt LE6920 and using it for hogs, 200 yards max.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
              I've been reading this thread for the past few days. Are the digital scopes worth buying at this point? I'd rather not spend $2k+ on a scope but don't want to waste $1k on digital.
              If you're shooting pigs inside 150 yards a Sightmark digital + illuminator will do just fine.

Comment

My atn x-sight got a workout this past weekend. 7 hogs in two nights, feeder is at 200 yards! Was really surprised this worked as well as it did for 600 bucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was in the same boat you were and to be perfectly honest I got lucky. I found a pulsar N750 second hand for $700 and then I got a $200 IR light. For $900 I am very happy and IMO it works a lot better than the ATN X Sights I have dealt with. I really got lucky because I bought the N750 without doing any research on it, the only reason I bought it was because my buddy had a N550 and I didnt know how much better a N750 was. Obvoiusly check here in the classifieds and also check texasguntrader. They pop up from time to time.

Comment

Y'all budget guys need to save your money and buy the new Sightmark Photon RT. Trust me. Call Jason about it. I am super impressed so far.

Comment

I thought the RT hasn’t been released in the US yet. I’m wondering it it will be released in the US at SHOT? It definitely has my interest.

Comment

following

Comment

I thought the RT hasn’t been released in the US yet. I’m wondering it it will be released in the US at SHOT? It definitely has my interest.

I believe they are releasing at SHOT.

Comment

I'm leaving for the SHOT Show in Vegas on Sunday and will be out of the office all next week. When I get back, give me a call and I'll be glad to offer up my advice and 2 cents. You can probably do everything you want with digital and your budget is definitely do-able to get a really nice NV setup.

Holler at me if you'd to talk and ask any questions.

(877)350-1818

- Jason

Comment

I've got a pre-production prototype demo unit now that I've been testing and it was damaged before it got to me so it's not working as well as it should. Sightmark called me today and they got new unit in and they are going to give it to me at SHOT, so I'll be bringing it back to test. From what I've seen so far though, I really think they are going to be good scopes and as always, I think they will continue to be the best bang for your buck for sub $1000 NV.

I'm starting a pre-order list ASAP because I expect my first shipment very soon. I'll post it in the classifieds and link to it over here as well.

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                                I've got a pre-production prototype demo unit now that I've been testing and it was damaged before it got to me so it's not working as well as it should. Sightmark called me today and they got new unit in and they are going to give it to me at SHOT, so I'll be bringing it back to test. From what I've seen so far though, I really think they are going to be good scopes and as always, I think they will continue to be the best bang for your buck for sub $1000 NV.

I'm starting a pre-order list ASAP because I expect my first shipment very soon. I'll post it in the classifieds and link to it over here as well.

- Jason

When you get it in maybe we can get together for me to take a live look at it. Our farm is near Tenaha & Timpson so we’re up that way quite often.

Comment

Working...
                                X