Christmas help, dust in my office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas help, dust in my office

I'm at work today. I just got off the phone with one of our family men that asked for some help. You people have really stepped up and made a difference.
    The gentleman I spoke to, who will remain anonymous, broke down and started crying. That is when all the dust in this plant got to me and my eyes starting leaking...hard...He and his daughter are in shock and awe over the generosity that has been displayed. The Christmas they have will be one of joy and gratitude. This is why I do this every year.

I used to hate the Christmas season, and honestly, I still struggle with it every year. I went through some family related trauma when I was 11 years old and ended up spending Christmas in a hospital bed. That was rough on a kid and since then Christmas has been a very emotional time for me and for my family of origin. There just wasn't much joy in the season for any of us.
    Getting out of myself and out of my own head every year doing this thread since Bonedigger asked me to take over has made an everlasting impact on me. I have learned what a blessing it is to reach out to others and to put others ahead of myself.
    This has been such a blessing to the families we have helped out and probably even more so for me, so thank you all so very much. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go find a tissue. This dust is really getting to me.

It’s amazing how blessed one can feel through the blessing of others. Thank you for doing this. I’ll be jumping on board next year.

Comment

Never knew you had you had and a Christmas time trauma, but for you to head the help thread shows what a true good human being you are. I'm glad a could actually help this year as I did receive help myself before. It is a hard thing to do to ask for the help but glad you set this up every year for those who are struggling as life can be a battle sometimes. Hope everyone has a great Christmas and blessed new year.

Comment

That's awesome! Thanks for what you do!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's all about giving. Thank you for what you are doing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you for putting it together Txjourneyman!!!

Comment

I wasn't able to help this year (unpaid sick leave, cancer) but we always take great joy in helping others. We used to "adopt" a family at church every year. It is humbling to see how our actions can impact the lives of others who may have given up and lost hope. I am not talking presents under the tree. Just knowing that people care enough to help when you are a stranger can be life changing. Thank you and all of TBH for what you do to help others.

Comment

This makes my heart happy. You're a good man, Txjourneyman, and you'll be in my prayers. The Good Lord blesses those that bless others.

Comment

Glad to hear this. It warmed my heart!

Comment

Good stuff, love ya man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X