Comments about the Nocked & Loaded shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments about the Nocked & Loaded shoot

Folks, I'm trying to get comments and constructive criticism about how the 3D shoot went today. Please PM any comments or concerns about the shoot.

Working on ideas for the next shoot.

And for inquiring mind, the apple fell off of the buck. Where it lands, no one nose.

Thanks,
    Tim

From a traditional standpoint, y'all could not have set a better course. I will be there next month waiting to see what you guys come up with.

Great job so far on all 3 shoots!

Bisch

Comment

great shoot I will be there next month for sure

Comment

I enjoyed it more than any shoot I've been to this year. The uphill shots from the creek bottom were very fun but tough. That area will be great in warmer weather. The bonus target was perfect.
        Might try to keep more distance between the targets and eliminate the double targets. More water w/ ice would be great or a drink cart that travels the coarse, maybe by the boy scouts. The could shoot early and sell drinks later. JMO

Comment

I have to agree with most of what was posted so far. Great shoot. I shot the trad class and I thought the targets were well thought out. I will have to say though, I would have never thought a mosquito would have such a small kill zone. I figure all you had to do was hit it somewhere to kill it! Really though, great job and I look foward to coming back.

David Bishop

Comment

I am in agreement for the most part with the comments above. Only concern really is for the kids.....those uphill shot are very challenging for everyone, but can sure be tough on kids having to climb 3/4 the way up those steep hills to shoot. The shade in that stretch of those targets will be nice during the summer, but those creek bottoms in the summer can feel like a suana, not much breeze. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the shoot and so did my daughter (my second, her first), looking forward to the next.

Comment

Thanks for the comments, keep them coming.

Comment

In agreement with "HoytPro2001" maybe alittle more spread out to eliminate clusters. I know there is a fine line to walk between making it too long and bunching it up too much. Just remember either way, folks are out in it, walking or standing and waiting.

Comment

Okay...

Here are some comments...take them for what it's worth

1. shorten the circle...the targets can be spread out and run in a smaller circle (shorter walk)
                  2. don't stack targets...putting two targets together from the same stake causes a bottle neck.
                  3. More water...you should have water every 5 or 6 targets (especially when it gets hot out)
                  4. The uphill shots in the creek bottom were neat, but it's going to be hotter than you know where when the temps get to 100 degrees out.
                  5.Payout more than 3 places to more categories...or charge less to shoot

You have a great place to shoot, but attendance will drop off sharply in the hot months if you don't shorten the course AND supply MORE water on the course.

Comment

Other than the wait where multiple targets are together, you guys do a great job. I've shot all three and enjoyed all of them.

Comment

Overall I thought it was a great shoot. I had a blast out there!! The were only a couple things I thought would be better to do for next time. I would try to eliminate times where there were clustered targets, which was not much but it kind of slowed people up to where we got a little backed up. The other thing would be to show scores as people brought in their cards to see how everyone fared that day. Maybe using a big dry erase board or something like that, it may just be me but I like to see how everyone does. Other than that I thought it was awesome, I will definately try and come out next time.

Comment

Thanks for your opinions, glad everyone for the most part liked the setup. I have been helping with the setups. It's hard to please everyone but we will work on these suggestions. Setting up for these shoots takes some work.

Comment

Y'all are doing a great job. I can definitely see that you have the desire to make the shoot and the course top notch as it gets better every month. This last shoot was the best layout so far from a trad shooters point of view and I have faith in your forethought that y'all aren't going to try to kill us in that creek bottom in the summer.....lol.

Comment

Consider the water issue resolved. The concession stand is a work in progress, detail are being discussed by the management.

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
                              Thanks for your opinions, glad everyone for the most part liked the setup. I have been helping with the setups. It's hard to please everyone but we will work on these suggestions. Setting up for these shoots takes some work.
                              Are you taking good notes? We need to have a meeting of the minds sometime to figure out the next range.

Comment

Working...
                              X