No announcement yet.

Need to upgrade my bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's another vote for going to Archery Country. They'll get you started in the right direction.

Comment

Update

I was measured and my optimum draw length is 29.5 inches. I Was able to draw a few that were 29-30 draws, and 30 was a tad bit too long.

i also looked at HHA single pin sight and I really liked the concept and shot it well. Having multiple pins gets too busy for me. What do you all think of that style?

Also i am still torquing the bow a little bit, but trying to improve on that.

Thanks,
      JCM

Comment

Look at them all, shoot as many as you can, all set up on the same draw and weight and YOU pick which bow you want to buy regardless of what adds say or what people tell you to buy. It is your money, buy what you want. Also, let the pro shop determine what your draw length needs to be. Good luck.

Comment

JCM, it's much better to shoot a bow that is too short, rather than too long on draw lenght. As far as the single pin, I'd rather select a pin than have to move a slide.

Comment

I agree, and with a release on.. The 29 - 29.5 was just about perfect for me as the release sits forward some. I smoked a doe (first bow kill ever) with my bow setup the way it is last week.. Right in the boiler room, but from shooting multiple other setups I need to at least take my draw back a bit. I will do more research and shoot more bows before I move on to something else. So one.. not so much for the single pin? Any other experiences with it?

Edit**
            Oh and I found out that my Cheetah is on a 27" draw length currently.
            Last edited by jcm151; 10-22-2012, 07:52 PM.

Comment

you can't go wrong with mathews great bow and great resale value compared to most of them out there!

Comment

Mathews... Find a used dren and you will be set. Hoyt not bad either. Just remember to find something that you feel the most comfortable with.

Comment

Def shoot the Z7 before you buy. I have seen alot of guys say that it is one of the better bows made by mathews and they make awesome bows!!!

Comment

Try them all... From Elite Archery to Mathews etc etc. just because one bow for one guy is perfect don't mean that it is perfect for everyone.

Comment

Ive got a mission riot thatll go to 30" in draw length and 70 lbs pm if interested

Comment

Working...
                      X