Sorry **** Uninsured drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Long story short got into a head on yesterday with an uninsured driver. Lil girl tried to beat traffic across and T boned a car which then ran into me head on. Thank god no one was hurt. But theres no way im gonna get back what I have in that truck... Sorry for the rant.

Glad you weren’t hurt.

I work personal injury law. The number of uninsured drivers out here is just insane. Make sure you have uninsured motorist coverage. I try to tell everyone that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sad when those that abide by the law, are forced to pay for insurance to protect US from those that don't.

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
      Glad you weren’t hurt.

I work personal injury law. The number of uninsured drivers out here is just insane. Make sure you have uninsured motorist coverage. I try to tell everyone that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Back in the 80's they would throw uninsured motorists in jail......ask me how I know
        Ost me $675 and an SR22 to get out. And I did not have an accident and was not speeding when I got pulled over

Comment

BETO supporters most of them I bet

Comment

I have full coverage, but theyre telling me they cant do anything untill theyre absolutely sure she is uninsured. no rental no anything.

Comment

Glad you were OK

Comment

Takes 5 minutes to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod3367 View Post
                  I have full coverage, but theyre telling me they cant do anything untill theyre absolutely sure she is uninsured. no rental no anything.
                  I am no means a expert but that doesn’t sound right.

Comment

It doesnt sound right to me either. Im gonna check on it this evening

Comment

Sounds to me like your insurance isn't taking care of you

Comment

If you have collision coverage, they can work your claim under that and not have to wait for verification of her insurance. It will be subject to your collision deductible and won't provide for rent car unless you have rental coverage.

Your deductible is likely $500 or more. UM deductible is set at $250 and provides rent car as your UM coverage basically becomes liability coverage for the uninsured driver. Of course it will be necessary to verify she doesn't have coverage.

I'd have them open the claim as collision and change to UM when it is confirmed she is uninsured.

Trailboss

Comment

I don't know how it works in Texas, but back in PA if your insurance drops the insurance companies are required to turn it into the state and the state takes your license plates until insurance is restored. Plus fines. My 26 year old niece has a bad habit of not paying her bill and it has happened twice to her.

I am glad you are ok hotrod3367.

Comment

Happened to me twice this year. I feel your pain.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod3367 View Post
                              Who is your insurer? That is BS if you have full coverage.

Comment

Working...
                              X