Real county rut??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real county rut??

Anyone seen signs of chasing or rutting yet? Was here during Thanksgiving and didn't see any. Bucks didn't even have black hocks yet. Just got back out here and was curious what anyone else in the area was seeing. Thanks.

The bucks were chasing in Kimble Co. Junction this week.

Comment

Sweet. Just got in the stand and have a young blackbuck eating corn already.

Comment

Live hunt?? More something coming..spooked the BB off. Feeder just threw. Got my boy in the stand with the Ole 243.

Comment

I had two bucks chasing a big doe on Sabine national forest this morning. The one in the lead was, I think, a 2 1/2 yr old 8 point. The other one bringing up the year cut a short cut and I did not get to see the rack, just a glimpse of the hide. 5 minutes later a yearling doe followed, I guess wanting her mama back. Then a few minutes later something moved along the top of the ridge but would not come down. Fresh scrapes were everywhere. Pretty fun while it lasted.

Comment

I'm in Kerr County near the WMA and they are done here. Bucks and does eating together. Bucks are starting to group back up.

Comment

I was guessing they're done here as well but I never saw much sign of a rut this year. Deer movement is very low this evening. Very unusual. Not even yearlings! One doe and a black bucks been it do far.

Comment

Where you in real county ? I am in Vance Down the road from Temples goat place

Comment

I'm just south of Leakey on 83. Right behind the Eagles nest.
                  Last edited by Bonesplitter; 12-13-2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Bonesplitter
                    I'm just north of Leakey on 83. Didn't see much rut activity this season either. I hunted last 2 days (first time out since November). The big boy we had previously seen only at night on cams was out at feeders. I'm guessing cuz he had been chasing does. My boy had him at 15 yards but could not get a broadside shot.

Bucks were all alone but I had a feeling we just missed the good part. Let me know what you see.

Comment

Czech
                      Do you mean the Templin's?

Comment

I shot a buck back the 2 nd weekend of Nov who was grunting when he came in and hocks were black. Hunted the week of Thanksgiving and saw some chasing, but not real serious. Will be back out this coming weekend, so we'll see.

IMO we have such a strung out rut in that country that what you see really just depends if you're around a hot doe - which can happen pretty much anytime during the season.

Comment

Working...
                        X