X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    The ice is cheap

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it's the other $75 worth of stuff I always end up with that gets me every time. Great business model.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
      I can totally accept that point as well. Its just funny that you won’t hear anyone say they are going to hold off on taking a leak for 77 miles so they can save 2 cents per gallon.
      ^^^ this, but several years ago, I saw one of the funniest billboards that I have ever seen, on I-10 east, between San Antonio and the Luling store.

It said "BUCEES: COME STAIN OUR PORCELAIN"

I totally lost it, LOL'ing

Comment

Problem is 99.99% of the inventory calls would be to see if they have the red peace sign shirt in 3xl. Rather than make those folks mad, who complain way louder than us, we have to deal with it. I had a similar issue with an RTIC cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I kinda like that they don't have phone's. I will explain, when I'm in line to check out and some dumb *** calls and wants to know how much a feeder is and keeps a paying customer waiting. I think it's a great concept. Or better yet open Buc-ee's Junior and pay someone to answer the phone all day.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
            It’s a gas station dude. They don’t want to be an academy. They appreciate you not only buying their gas but their expensive food and drinks. An added bonus was that you bought a feeder or two.
            Lets be real, its far from your typical gas station. Believe me they make as much money on all the cr@p they sell (food, clothing, t-shirts, outdoor stuff) as they do the gas the sell.

I totally agree they should have an updated website or a valid phone number customers could call.

Comment

Leave it like it is works fine

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                Lets be real, its far from your typical gas station. Believe me they make as much money on all the cr@p they sell (food, clothing, t-shirts, outdoor stuff) as they do the gas the sell.

I totally agree they should have an updated website or a valid phone number customers could call.
                I never said it wasn’t far from your typical gas station. I said: “it’s a gas station”, which is exactly what it is. It’s a gas station that you stop at to get gas and they make a majority of their money on other sales. But 95% pull in to get gas when the tank is getting low or they plan to fill up there. Hence the 50 fill up stations.

My point was they sell gas and other convenience items and purposely do that well, and are not into the business of turning into a sporting goods store so we can locate feeders and other hunting items.

They appreciate you buying their gas. That you went in to buy a coke and jerky was a bonus, that you decided to buy a cooler and a feeder was gravy. They may not be your “typical gas station”, but they are in business for the exact same reason, they just do it better than everyone else.
                Last edited by HoustonHunter; 11-20-2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Are we boycotting beaver?

Comment

Seems to me that they would have to hire additional people to answer the phones, check inventory, call other stores, etc. Otherwise, I could see the time you stand in line increasing considerable and price increases to cover the extra costs, which I imagine would create additional problems. I would bet that doing the inventory thing wouldn't come out on the positive side of the ledger for them.

Comment

They don't have a phone number because it's saves them money. Don't expect them to ever get a number for people to call and ask someone a thousand questions. They run a tight ship, and it's well ran. They pay their employees well, and don't want them sitting next to a phone all day. If they had a number it would never stop ringing.

Yes it's aggravating. It's also aggravating for truck drivers that can't go there. It is what it is and it is working.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        They don't have a phone number because it's saves them money. Don't expect them to ever get a number for people to call and ask someone a thousand questions. They run a tight ship, and it's well ran. They pay their employees well, and don't want them sitting next to a phone all day. If they had a number it would never stop ringing.

Yes it's aggravating. It's also aggravating for truck drivers that can't go there. It is what it is and it is working.
                        This

Comment

While it is frustrating, not having a home forces the consumer to go to the store. I pretty sure this is what their whole goal is.

Comment

Place is a circus
                            Last edited by eastxhunter; 11-20-2018, 07:56 AM. Reason: The ice is nice

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              Are we boycotting beaver?
                              As of late the beaver is boycotting me and Im not very happy about it.

As for the idea, I like it. I for one dont buy more than ice and corn at bucces. Its too much of a madhouse full of people walking around with HUA for me. I try and be in and out prior to the sun rise to elevate that.

That said, the madisonville store needs to do something like Luling and have a corn only area. The sidewalk in madisonville is always full of the previously mentioned HUA people who refuse to recognize your cart with 400 lbs of corn on it. Only recently have I learned you can pay inside and take your receipt to the storage place to load (if youre getting more than 5 or 6 bags). But even that is only available from 10a-6p on weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                                I never said it wasn’t far from your typical gas station. I said: “it’s a gas station”, which is exactly what it is. It’s a gas station that you stop at to get gas and they make a majority of their money on other sales. But 95% pull in to get gas when the tank is getting low or they plan to fill up there. Hence the 50 fill up stations.

My point was they sell gas and other convenience items and purposely do that well, and are not into the business of turning into a sporting goods store so we can locate feeders and other hunting items.

They appreciate you buying their gas. That you went in to buy a coke and jerky was a bonus, that you decided to buy a cooler and a feeder was gravy. They may not be your “typical gas station”, but they are in business for the exact same reason, they just do it better than everyone else.
                                Yep. The Katy store has 120 pumps. Gas station on steroids.

Comment

Working...
                                X