Its the little things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the little things...

My hunting buddy has grown up...I have spent more time reminiscing that hunting. Its just not the same now.

Was on way home this evening and saw a few deer, my wife and daughter were like look!!

Made me heart sore for my son...i was working my way into a good old funk when the phone rang. First time I have seen him in a few months...

Just thought I would share how God contiues to bless us with the little things in life. A simple phone call to brighten the day. Got me to thinking...As a son of God, does it effect Him the same when I am gone from His preseence and then make an appearance?

I think I will go make a thank you “call” to my Dad and tell Him thanks for loving me.
    Attached Files

song Cats in the Cradle ! stay strong dad and be very proud!

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
      song Cats in the Cradle ! stay strong dad and be very proud!
      You know thatd about a dad ignoring his son and then vice versa right? Lol but thank your son for us. Its definitely the little blessings some times that matter the most.

Comment

What a blessing indeed & thanks for sharing!

Comment

Last edited by waterdog; 10-11-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Awesome! I've got one in college and look forward to the phone calls.

Comment

I know when I was at the Academy, My 20 minutes I got on the phone with my folks every Sunday evening was the highlight of my week!! Sure wish I was able to get a call from mine... Some day... I will see him again.
              Good on you dad! God bless you guys and please tell him thanks from all his GS family for his service to our country and us!!

Comment

Enjoy each and every time you have with him.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  I know when I was at the Academy, My 20 minutes I got on the phone with my folks every Sunday evening was the highlight of my week!! Sure wish I was able to get a call from mine... Some day... I will see him again.
                  Good on you dad! God bless you guys and please tell him thanks from all his GS family for his service to our country and us!!
                  I saw a sculpture picture the other day called the Emptiness Sculpture.

caused me to think about you, Jeff and many other TBHers that have buried children...really hit home.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Oh man!!

Comment

I know how ya feel. 4 kids and 2 of 'em live too far to see on a regular basis. Sure feels good when I hear from them!

Comment

Is he still in basic training?

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                          Is he still in basic training?
                          Graduates next thursday!

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                            Graduates next thursday!
                            Tell your son Congrats on his Graduation and thank him for my freedom.

Comment

You have instilled in him three things, love for God, love for family, and love for country. God bless you and may he bless your boy. May he be the man you prayed that he would become. Salute to you both.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X