Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buck Fever

How do you get ready to prepare for it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

First things first...The deer in the thumbnail is a low fence deer that probably escaped a high fence. He had 23 points and is the "REAL" reason we are allo...
    Last edited by redheadmx2; 09-19-2017, 01:58 PM.

Awww it no play for me ?

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
      Awww it no play for me ?
      First things first...The deer in the thumbnail is a low fence deer that probably escaped a high fence. He had 23 points and is the "REAL" reason we are allo...

Comment

there is no cure....

Comment

I could do that everyday and it wouldn't make a difference when that ol south texas brute walks out!

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter1089 View Post
            I could do that everyday and it wouldn't make a difference when that ol south texas brute walks out!
            Well when you never got the jitters. Then hunting wouldn't be so much fun.

Comment

I just deal with it. One of the reasons I hunt....love that feeling

Comment

No way really to prepare for it other than lots of exposure and practice. Have it under control now during the initial process, but after that trigger pull and confirmed animal on the ground the ole shakes start up. Wouldn't want to do it anymore if that glorious feeling ever went away.

Comment

I love it especially when I go with someone else and experience what I see them do during the whole moment from start to finish.

Comment

I try to focus on where I want my arrow to enter.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      I just deal with it. One of the reasons I hunt....love that feeling
                      This!

Comment

I ahot and lost a mid 60's deer in Oklahoma last year and while I watched him walk 30 yards in 20 min. I was afraid he was going to hear my heartbeat when it was about to jump out of my chest. There is no talking yourself down from that!

Comment

I remember asking my dad why I was shaking when I shot my first deer. Dad said son that's buck fever. Being 9 years old I thought it was a was a disease and asked him if it would go away. He told me when it goes away, it's time to stop hunting deer. That was 48 years ago. I still get it.

Comment

I first acknowledge to myself that I'm freaking out. Then through careful mental focus and controlled hyperventilation I tell myself

Cmon man, don't screw it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

simple...................CONTROL YOUR FEAR

Comment

Working...
                              X