Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good gracious ....Does anybody say THANK YOU anymore?.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good gracious ....Does anybody say THANK YOU anymore?.....

I am absolutely fed up with folks in today's society who don't have the couth/manners or a good enough up bringing to say thank you. It's been building and building and building and it came to a head early this week so I need a release. The last few years it has become a big pet peeve with me and I am telling you it is freaking epidemic. I mean you can hold doors open for people, help somebody load their stuff at Lowes, mow their lawn, answer questions, give directions, fix broken crap for folks, give them a gift, make something for somebody, and folks just don't show any appreciation. Son of a gun!! Really?!?! It just burns my *** up to no end. And I'm not looking for anything monetary or of physical value, but is a thank you too much to ask for? Sadly the biggest violators are grown *** adults of both genders and all races. Hell we talk about millennials around here but they are usually the ones I find saying thank you more than my own generation and Gen Y. That's **** pitiful right there.

My wife told me..."you know Jason...just keep on doing what you do not expecting anything in return. It's the right thing to do for certain family and friends." Well that may be true but I don't like it any more because of it. I do stuff to help folks when I can in hopes of making their life easier or smoother and I appreciate when folks do the same for me. And when folks do that for me, I am probably considered an over-thanker....probably to a fault because I want folks to know I appreciate what they have done for me. You use up your valuable time, answering a question, fixing or making something for me, opening a door for me when my hands are full, or go out of the way to make my life a tad easier, I am going to thank you...and usually more than once. It is really that **** simple. Hell "Thank yous" are free and easy..

Of course, I say they are easy. With some folks you would think those words send you to hell or make you weak. Is it an upbringing thing?....Is it a machismo thing for men or even women? Is it a sign of weakness if somebody does something for you that you can't say thank you? You would think it is after my observations over the past few years.

I mean you build something, fix something or just give somebody a gift as a thank you and you hand it to them and they say "cool"...or "alright"....and then they look at you with a dead *** stare like they are afraid to say thank you as if they are going to hell or it insults their ego to do so. I just don't get it. Oh and then you say..."you're welcome" to maybe prime the bulb and now you are the ******* for embarrassing their rude asses. Good grief! It's not that hard people! Show some **** appreciation folks if you don't already. Appreciation is free in the form of thank yous. Just do it....you might make somebody's day in return that just made your day helping you out...

OK...I need a drink and some Tylenol..

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING>>

Thank you for that Smart.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you for staying off the Astros thread this year.

Comment

Entitled bro or just plain dumb *** ignorant people is all i can say.....

Comment

I personally always say thank you, and my wife sometimes gets frustrated with me because I help others that never help anyone else. I probably will never stop because that's how I'm wired, but I feel ya.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Someone needs a few snickers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you for the bean and pork butt recipes!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd-ty729 View Post
                Someone needs a few snickers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                No snickers needed. Rarely will you see me rant....but this one has been building for a long *** time. I just don't get the thought process.

Comment

Did not read. Too long.

Comment

I didnt read it all but thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      I didnt read it all but thanks anyway
                      LoL

Comment

Good to see the ignore function still works..

Comment

I just realized i find myself telling people YOU'RE WELCOME quite often.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Thank you for staying off the Astros thread this year.
                            Hahahahaha

Comment

I cannot say thank you enough for this post....... all bs in the corner it is ridiculous and blows my mind at times the inconsiderate folks out there these days. Long story short... thank you! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X