Bearded Hen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bearded Hen??

Would y'all shoot one?? And if you did would you get her mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I would and have shot a bearded hen. Didn't get it mounted though.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Yes, I would and have shot a bearded hen. Didn't get it mounted though.

I don't need another taxidermy bill, but it's cool to see. I didn't shoot her this time

Comment

Shot a few. never had one mounted but they have all been small. If I sho one with a 11 inch paintbrush I might.

Comment

She had about 8" or 9" of beard I'd say. But I didn't have any reason to kill her. She was pretty to look at

Comment

No and no. They aren't rare or anything....leave them nest bearing babes!!

Comment

I've seen on on camera and never in person. Yup if it's bearded its down.

Comment

I chased a white one with an 8" beard for three years...never could get close enough. She either moved on this year or died.

Comment

I used to hunt a little place where they were not uncommon. I never cared about shooting one. Hens aren't that pretty.

Comment

Have left several bearded hens pass in the spring. I keep telling my self if I kill her how many chicks will I kill to that are hers.

Comment

Yeah they are nothing special on my place. Have seen a hen with 3 beards. Biggest reason not shooting them is that they are so small compared to a mature gobbler.

Comment

No and no

Comment

Cool, glad I just watched her then

Comment

If it had a big beard I would shoot it. Or if it was the last day of season and she showed up first. My standards lower the longer I hunt. I go from wanting to shoot a trophy to shooting a future trophy as the end of the season gets closer.

I don't think I'd ever get a turkey mounted unless it was a record or something that I have to travel very far to hunt. Except for a fan mount.

Comment

Working...
                            X