Dove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove

So who all is gonna try them with a bow? I was going thru my gear and I have about 15 straight shafts with no feathers on them. The flu flu thread got me to thinking that I need some full length feathers to make some arrows up. Now what head to use...expensive snaros (up the chances of a hit) or cheap hex blunts. I hunt in a field where the grass is 4 inches high and next to a tank with a fence line by it. Decoy the fence by the tank, set up under the only tree and shoot towards the field. It just might work, or i'll make a fool out of myself, will be fun either way

Let me know if it work for you.

Comment

It's a blast, but you have to be ready to chase them down as in the ones that I have shot it just knocked them down and stunnd them long enough to run and grab.

Two in 2009

one in 2010

And more to come in 2011

Comment

That sounds fun.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
          So who all is gonna try them with a bow? I was going thru my gear and I have about 15 straight shafts with no feathers on them. The flu flu thread got me to thinking that I need some full length feathers to make some arrows up. Now what head to use...expensive snaros (up the chances of a hit) or cheap hex blunts. I hunt in a field where the grass is 4 inches high and next to a tank with a fence line by it. Decoy the fence by the tank, set up under the only tree and shoot towards the field. It just might work, or i'll make a fool out of myself, will be fun either way
          O.K., I'm jealous!lol

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
            I'm in!!! I just got to find a place to go. I have a handful of homemade heads that we tried on the pheasants but they did not work (the pheasants were too big). They should work just fine on a dove sized bird though, if I can ever hit one.

Here is what the homemade points look like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bird%20heads%20004.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	24010335

Bisch

Comment

Dang Bisch...that thing looks like a 1950's Nike surface-to-air missile.

Comment

I need to do this...

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post
                  Dang Bisch...that thing looks like a 1950's Nike surface-to-air missile.
                  I think it needs a guidance system to knock doves out of the air. They are some crafty, swift little devils. I think I will work on the guidance system next (haha).

Bisch

Comment

Is that your pheasant heads?

Comment

I do good enough to hit one skillet shooting them when they come to water. I have tried hitting them in the air but never even knocked a feather off.

Comment

Dam i have trouble hitting them with my benelli, im gonna try for sure with the recurve, im sure i wont hit any though , just started using my recurve last week.

Comment

I might give it a shot this year, still debating whether or not to do it.

Comment

im ready to go.............even got a water hole to hunt over thats in a field.

Comment

how do you guys make those tips, do you just wrap a metal hanger on it or do you buy them somewhere?????

Comment

Working...
                              X