Who is going Pheasant Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
    Pheasants are hardy birds! When I have hunted them I have used broadheads. Use any old heads that you can still sharpen and have fun!
    They won't let us use broadheads for the dogs' safety. I am planning to use field points off my longbow.

Bisch

Comment

Gonna be tough to knock em down with field points... Try some of those hammer heads - blunts.

Comment

I'm using field points, too. I was out practicing a bit with the flu flu's the other day (with field points) when one of the neighbor's chickens got too close (I've warned them about keeping them out of my yard). I shot the chicken on a dead run at about 15 yards and the field pointed flu flu did it's job. The chicken took flight for about 10 yards then hit the ground and ran another 10 or so then couldn't go any further. A follow-up shot was made just to make sure.
        I figure the chicken was about the same size as a pheasant and it went down pretty quick.

Comment

from what i have found, even if the field point donst kill the bird it will weigh it down causing it to land and the dog then retrives it. that is fine with me, let fido do the running and chasing.

Comment

Will they let us use the field points?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas5o View Post
              I'm using field points, too. I was out practicing a bit with the flu flu's the other day (with field points) when one of the neighbor's chickens got too close (I've warned them about keeping them out of my yard). I shot the chicken on a dead run at about 15 yards and the field pointed flu flu did it's job. The chicken took flight for about 10 yards then hit the ground and ran another 10 or so then couldn't go any further. A follow-up shot was made just to make sure.
              I figure the chicken was about the same size as a pheasant and it went down pretty quick.
              Grilled chicken???

Comment

How you doing, Barb? Have not seen ya in a while. This should be fun flinging at these birds. I can't wait.

See ya at the hunt,

Bisch

Comment

Grilled, fried, baked......don't matter to me as long as it's cooked!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtechlady View Post
                    Will they let us use the field points?
                    Bryan said yes

Comment

I call dibs on any spot that comes open. I just went out and shot a few arrows. it didn't hurt so very bad

Comment

Spot open for you buff

Comment

Come on out and play marty. It'll be a hoot.

Bisch

Comment

Im armed and dangerous now!! got my flu flu's made. i used reflective trailer tape from wally world as cresting and had sullivans put the featers on for me.

I got bored during last weekends rain and built some bird heads for my arrows. I understand there is to be some type of contest during the hunt. Please let me know if these are legal.

I also got to practice today. i talked my sweet wife into throwing a frisbe with a styrofoam cup attatched to it. She was a trooper and hung out for 2 hours today so that i could shoot. I MIGHT hit a bird as long as they are slow and have poor eye sight.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Bring a mess of those wire thingies with you (they will be legal) ....I might want to try one too.

Oh yeah, arrows look good too.

Bisch

Comment

i built 2 big ones and 4 small ones. arrows fly great with them, nice and straight in flight.

Comment

Working...
                                X