Dallas Area Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas Area Help

I am possibly relocating to the Dallas area for a management position. I have never spent any time in the area, and looking for info/ advice. I will be over a department in 6 different hospitals, so pretty open to where we can live, but we know we don't want to be in Dallas. The hospitals are Medical City Dallas, then others in Frisco, Plano, McKinney, and 2 small rural hospitals. I will be based from my home and visit the sites on a regular bases.

My wife is a reading teacher, with over 30 years experience. We have a son who is 11, and will be starting 6th grade. Schools are important, as well as youth sports to keep him busy. So any advice on areas to look at, school districts, ect. would be appreciated.

Look in Allen or Lucas. Both have good schools.

Comment

What he ^^^ said. Include Fairview too

Comment

I'd look at Allen area. We have friend up there and they love it. To citified for me though...

Comment

Keller. Has a great ISD and a nice place to live.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
            Keller. Has a great ISD and a nice place to live.
            Hell, he might as well stay in Katy, the commute would be about the same..

Comment

I’m in Allen, home across the street is for lease

Comment

If you want to go to a smaller school but close check out Melissa.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  What he ^^^ said. Include Fairview too
                  Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  Hell, he might as well stay in Katy, the commute would be about the same..
                  It’s 30 miles Fairview to Dallas.

32 miles Keller to Dallas.

Comment

Be prepared to be sticker shocked on homes, market is ridiculous due to all the Californians moving here. Good homes stay on market hours, not days and expect to pay over asking while covering all closing cost.

Comment

Royse City area.

Comment

Waxahachie. Midlothian. I work uptown Dallas and the drive to work everyday is pleasant compares to north of Dallas. Frisco, Allen, Fairview all look fairly close but ur looking at long commutes with bumper to bumper traffic during rush hours.

Comment

Go north, it’s much nicer and your commute won’t be too bad to those hospitals you listed!

Comment

Originally posted by refugioco View Post
                            If you want to go to a smaller school but close check out Melissa.
                            I vote for this also or Celina. If you live in Celina you are close to Dallas N for commuting and your wife is close enough to work in Mckinney/Frisco for the best teacher pay in the area. Also, Celina has a little smaller town feel and schools for your kiddo

Comment

i am in Allen and have no complaints...its fairly central to the areas you listed...

Comment

Working...
                              X