No announcement yet.

jeans at a funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the one thing I always realize when I'm at a funeral is to be thankful and not sweat the little things.
    I would say nice jeans are just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by meat>horns View Post
      If you are really determined to show the world how white trash you are, wear jeans to a funeral. You could buy a pair of slacks for way cheaper than cinch or another fancy brand of jeans.
      This comment is just stupid.

Comment

I wore suits to things like funerals before I got too fat to wear the suits I owned. Now I just dress nice casual.

I’m a god fearing man, but truthfully I’d just as soon there not be a funeral when I die. Last thing I want would be to have folks sitting around being sad over my death. Now a nice back yard gathering with some meat on the grille and some tasty beverages is what I’d like. Laugh, joke & raise a glass to me is more than I could ask for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
          some of you guys .... of course the dead isn't going to know, you still have to respect the family there too. Showing up as sloppy as you're allowed tells them that you didn't care enough to make yourself presentable, makes you look like rednecks, but that may be the case? lol

If you have nice clothes, wear 'em ... make an effort, otherwise is just lazy.
          There, I said it.

Again...as person that has suits and pants etc, put me down as rather being seen closer to the side of a redneck or more country, than a gay *** yuppie metrosexual who walks around judging dudes' attire...all day long
          Last edited by Smart; 11-12-2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
            some of you guys .... of course the dead isn't going to know, you still have to respect the family there too. Showing up as sloppy as you're allowed tells them that you didn't care enough to make yourself presentable, makes you look like rednecks, but that may be the case? lol

If you have nice clothes, wear 'em ... make an effort, otherwise is just lazy.
            There, I said it.
            Yeah, you said it. Not sure why, but ya did.

Comment

Depends on what part of Texas the Funeral will be in. Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                I wore suits to things like funerals before I got too fat to wear the suits I owned. Now I just dress nice casual.

I’m a god fearing man, but truthfully I’d just as soon there not be a funeral when I die. Last thing I want would be to have folks sitting around being sad over my death. Now a nice back yard gathering with some meat on the grille and some tasty beverages is what I’d like. Laugh, joke & raise a glass to me is more than I could ask for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                I went to a funeral about a week ago. I told my wife I want to throw a funeral party for myself before I die. Just tell people when I do die to just remember the party. She can just bury me at the ranch when I die.

Comment

Like many have said ... Funeral is not about you..

So its a RESPECT issue..

(I will not air my personal but if you want it PM me.. )

But respect the Family and the life of the life you are going to respect.

I look at it like this...

How did they know you?

Suite and Tie....
                  Boots and jeans...

Wear THAT...

They are not here...

IT IS ABOUT RESPECT FOR THE LIFE THAT YOU ARE THERE TO REMEMBER

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                    Like many have said ... Funeral is not about you..

So its a RESPECT issue..

(I will not air my personal but if you want it PM me.. )

But respect the Family and the life of the life you are going to respect.

I look at it like this...

How did they know you?

Suite and Tie....
                    Boots and jeans...

Wear THAT...

They are not here...

IT IS ABOUT RESPECT FOR THE LIFE THAT YOU ARE THERE TO REMEMBER

Are you drunk, sir?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      Can I ask why?

What difference will it make and how would you ever know if it wasn’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Just one last chance to inconvenience everyone

Comment

When I die come to my funeral in your Whitey tighties.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing wrong with nice starched jeans and boots, shirt, and sports coat. This is Texas for Gods sake not some yuppie New England city

Comment

Your presence is all that matters.

Comment

It wouldn't bother me if you wore jeans to my funeral, if that's who you are. I just as soon be buried in them.

Comment

What does the wife say?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X