Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Tractor

Hey guys,

I’m looking to get a new tractor. We sold our 83 85hp Massey Ferguson last year and are looking to get something new. What do y’all recommend? I’ve heard the New Holland workmasters are solid, as well as Mahindras. Looking for a 60-80hp.

Thanks, Case

Im in for this also

Comment

I bought a LS cab tractor and love it. LS also makes some of the new holland tractors as well.

Comment

I understand all of the new ones now have the emissions junk including DEF fluid requirement.

I would research and decide what you want , then go find a gently used one a few years old without all the emissions and DEF fluid requirements.
        May have to go out of state, but the savings would easily pay for the hauling.

I am partial to Green tractors, they are not # 1, just because they are lucky.
        My local JD dealer takes amazing care of me and my green tractors. I have also owned Kubotas and Fords(NH) that were also very servicable tractors, and currently own 2 green ones and a MF.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
          Hey guys,

I’m looking to get a new tractor. We sold our 83 85hp Massey Ferguson last year and are looking to get something new. What do y’all recommend? I’ve heard the New Holland workmasters are solid, as well as Mahindras. Looking for a 60-80hp.

Thanks, Case
          pm sent....we deal in used tractors. have lots with real low hours.

Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by texasair View Post
            I understand all of the new ones now have the emissions junk including DEF fluid requirement.

I would research and decide what you want , then go find a gently used one a few years old without all the emissions and DEF fluid requirements.
            May have to go out of state, but the savings would easily pay for the hauling.

I am partial to Green tractors, they are not # 1, just because they are lucky.
            My local JD dealer takes amazing care of me and my green tractors. I have also owned Kubotas and Fords(NH) that were also very servicable tractors, and currently own 2 green ones and a MF.
            This^

Comment

Most all tractors now days that are under 100 hp are made in india by the same company. Not much difference between them these days. Green paint on the small tractors don't necessarily make them better these days.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                Most all tractors now days that are under 100 hp are made in india by the same company. Not much difference between them these days. Green paint on the small tractors don't necessarily make them better these days.
                Interesting. I’ve been told that Mahindra is a good tractor for the money. We have been looking for brand new ones exclusively, but may consider a used one without emissions.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                  Interesting. I’ve been told that Mahindra is a good tractor for the money. We have been looking for brand new ones exclusively, but may consider a used one without emissions.
                  Mahindra is good my dad has had one forever.

I guess my point is you probably can't go wrong under a 100hp. Finding a good dealer to make a deal on one and getting good service to me would be more important.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                    Mahindra is good my dad has had one forever.

I guess my point is you probably can't go wrong under a 100hp. Finding a good dealer to make a deal on one and getting good service to me would be more important.
                    I definitely agree with that.

Comment

Love my JD 5100E! Quick detach hydraulics up front make taking the loader on and off a breeze. Even though I try not to use this tractor for too much brush clearing, the grapple is really handy.
                      It is a 100hp but at 60-80 you might as well bump up to 100 and get it over with. Have a 60, 95, and finally this 100 hp JD. Its nice to have the power when needed. That said I hate using it when doing little tasks.

Last edited by CentexRancher; 10-17-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

manhindra for sure, we got one tat 18 years old and 2nd gear keeps going out, I goy frustrated and just last week had to go with John Deere due to a better deal then Manhindra. Went to Manhindra dealer and they couldn't match the deal John Deere was giving me..

Right now John Deere has a sale going on till the 26th of October I just bought a 50hp 4x4 with loader and a single plow for 28K and 0% interest, I couldn't pass that up so if u wanna save a little go now to the nearest John Deere dealer...

Comment

Originally posted by CentexRancher View Post
                          Love my JD 5100E! Quick detach hydraulics up front make taking the loader on and off a breeze. Even though I try not to use this tractor for too much brush clearing, the grapple is really handy.
                          It is a 100hp but at 60-80 you might as well bump up to 100 and get it over with. Have a 60, 95, and finally this 100 hp JD. Its nice to have the power when needed. That said I hate using it when doing little tasks.

Nice tractor wish i had it.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                            pm sent....we deal in used tractors. have lots with real low hours.

Thx!
                            PM me what you have in 80-130 HP type range. Thanks

Comment

A local dealer with great service. That's what I would buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X