Canon 30D vs Canon Xsi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AggieHunter View Post
    Apparently I made a bad choice. I was asking myself the same question and just bought a 30D. Really like it so far.
    I dont think you made a bad choice, the 30d does have its advantages. It has a magnesium-clad body v plastic body on the x models. More on board controls with out having to enter the menu screen. Ive had mine almost three years now. Once I got use to the controls on the 30d i struggled when I would pick up my xt. The comparsion is really not far, its like comparing a brand new Toyota to a 3 year old Lexus. Maybe not quite like that but you get it

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I had pretty much decided on the Xsi when I stumbled across the used 30D. I've found the Xsi with the 18-55mm IS and a 55-250 IS lens package for $850. I think I will go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TBoat View Post
        I dont think you made a bad choice, the 30d does have its advantages. It has a magnesium-clad body v plastic body on the x models. More on board controls with out having to enter the menu screen. Ive had mine almost three years now. Once I got use to the controls on the 30d i struggled when I would pick up my xt. The comparsion is really not far, its like comparing a brand new Toyota to a 3 year old Lexus. Maybe not quite like that but you get it
        There was a sense of sarcasm in my first statement... Guess I shoulda used a smiley

The reasons you mentioned are exactly why I got the 30D.

Comment

Working...
        X